• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

You'll kill 90%+ of ich immediately with meds, but the small % that lives dormant will explode and start it again within 3 days.

This is a great reason to take the fish to a 5g bucket for treatment, and leave the tank empty of hosts.

At 87F the dormants will hatch quickly and die quickly with no host fish available. About 6 days max if the fish are out of the tank.

But if just one swimmer can find a fish, it encysts quickly and in one week it'll be rampant again.

hextrahowdy all , I wont tyoe much on pain meds, been a crazy summer miss all y'all. The surg went well and the nerve blocks wore of awhile ago and yes baby it's real pain Jane. No whining though y'all stay frosty Buy AMMO LOTS...........

Howdy back at ya DJ. Good to have you back with us.

hextrahowdy all , I wont tyoe much on pain meds, been a crazy summer miss all y'all. The surg went well and the nerve blocks wore of awhile ago and yes baby it's real pain Jane. No whining though y'all stay frosty Buy AMMO LOTS...........

Welcome back DJ. The place has been quieter without you.

Good morning to you all.

I have been hanging out at home mostly, cleaning up the junkyard . . . err. . . . I mean boatyard, and working on the aquariums.

I ordered a couple larger tanks as sumps for my 2 large systems. They'll be here in October, just in time for our 30th anniversary.

I was to go to a birthday party, but that was canceled, so I decided to go shooting again, and that got canceled too.

Now I'm looking at some serious clean up work in the boatyard. This must be done before I can build the welding equip shed.

I've wanted a mig welder for a long time, but just no place to put it.

But there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep looking for the light . . .

Strange weekend this has ended up being.
Howdy fellas....
The other day my uncle (my dad's only brother) fell and broke his hip. I called him, and he sounded great. Just like the old school Marine he is, he's pissed off he has to be in there. He said, Just give him his cane and he'll be fine.... Then, He Had a partial hip replacement on Friday. So it was a little worse than he thought.
My grandson had his 8th birthday on Saturday. Had a great time out to dinner with family. Japanese hibachi. Good stuff.
My cousin called me this morning to tell me my uncle was not doing well.
Today, is my neices birthday. So there was a party going on. More family....
Got home from the party, and My fish, admiral Akbar unfortunately succumbed to the ich. So he's buried in the backyard now.
I Just got off the phone with my cousin, she told me my uncle had passed a few minutes ago. His heart had enough. He had coded 4 times since this morning. The last one was the last.
My Mom, and 2 brothers are the only blood related family he has. My cousin who called was from my late Aunts first marriage before she met my uncle.
He never had kids, but treated hers as they were his own. He was a good man and a great Marine.

DJ, I hope that new hip works as well as the replacements did on my last two friends. They were up and about w/o pain better and faster than they were told to expect. I think the technology has really improve in these last few years.

Rip, you seem be getting dumped on more than you deserve. Sorry to hear that.

Some days life just sucks. 2 months ago I was informed that the person who is the very first friend I had, (my best friend for life) whom I have not seen since 1957 is in Michigan in a coma that will not release him in either direction. Mike had a very severe stroke back in July and much of his body has resisted all attempts to restore him to any kind of normal activity.

Dr. Michael Bauman and I were best bud's when we were still in diapers. Our Dad's were best friends during their lifetimes also. Mike lived down the alley from my family in IL and we would sneak off to the other's house a couple times a week. I guess we were about 4-5, Mike was a year older. Mom's always knew where we were. Back then the neighbors took care of the little neighborhood marauding beggars. We always got in trouble but we always did it anyway. But when we got our scolding, the host Mom of the day would feed us PBJ sandwiches and a glass of fresh milk. She would put us up for an hour nap and we would always hear the phone ring and we would giggle knowing it was the other Mom checking up on us. We were sooooo smart.

Mike's family moved to another city in 1957 and I never saw him much after that. We went to their house one or 2 times but then no more. I don't know why, unless it was because of Dad's health problems. I always wondered where he went. I found Mike on Facebook after looking for 2 years online, via his Brother's Facebook page. Mike is a Professor of Theology and travels all over lecturing young people. By the responses his Brother and his Facebook have received Mike is much loved and well respected. He is not expected to recover. He lost his right leg to amputation, which is said to have helped his circulation. He is mostly unresponsive but those who have seen him say he does respond a little when he hears something he likes. He smiles. just a tiny upturn of his lips but it is there.

I think watching Mike in this condition is as hard as knowing he has died. We always think there is a chance he will come back if only to say goodbye. But I know I will never see my very first friend again.

Good morning folks. It's Monday and time to clean up the place.

Hombre, I've never had to deal with any such thing, and don't know what I'd do.

I don't know anybody I met before 1975. All ancient history now.

There's one guy from high school way back in the Midwest, still and we send Christmas cards.

But when I moved to California I lost all of that.

Good morning folks. It's Monday and time to clean up the place.

Hombre, I've never had to deal with any such thing, and don't know what I'd do.

I don't know anybody I met before 1975. All ancient history now.

There's one guy from high school way back in the Midwest, still and we send Christmas cards.

But when I moved to California I lost all of that.

A true Friend is a Forever Friend. Even if they are apart. It is odd too that when I contacted him on Facebook, he said, "Wow, I was just thinking about you." Mike and I were tighter than the skin on an Oscar Mayer Hotdog.

... in a coma that will not release him in either direction. Mike had a very severe stroke back in July and much of his body has resisted all attempts to restore him to any kind of normal activity.

Hombre, this is rough to hear. Mike's very condition is what I fear the most. I've had talks w/ my wife and son on this subject. I'm not satisfied that I know how to deal w/ it.

Back