• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post news links of burglaries with multiple assailants

Hello this is the story of the attempted break in my family edperienced. To start off, this spring to fall has seen a huge spike in break ins and robberies in our area. This group even broke in and robbed a Stewart's (NY chain convenient store). I say a group because of how the Stewart's break in happened and our experience.

My fiance went out to smoke a cigarette at 3:30 am and after making it upstairs to our bedroom. We heard a vehicle door slam and she saw F-150 style pickup speed out. After coming down to investigate I found an exterior door cracked. But nothing was missing. I went outside and we spotted ATV or 4 wheel treads on the ground in front of the house that turned around.

The ATV came up to the house with no lights to investigate. After determining no one was awake they pulled out of the parking area and down the driveway (we have a 1/4 mi driveway through the woods). The truck backed up just before the tree line ends and opens into the parking area. As a means for cover and gave them a view of the two porches. She must have spooked them when she came out for a cigarette.

I know there were two drivers, maybe a spotter and someone to help with the breaking in. I know at least two individuals were there and probably a third.

We were extremely lucky, but I dont intend to see how long our luck lasts. I have three kids and I don't want to put my faith in these upstanding citizens to leave our children alone if they get spotted. To this date no one has been caught.

Attachments

• 20190831_182342.jpg
    20190831_182342.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 10
I'm sorry that this happened to your family. And it shows just how bad a lot of people are. They don't care about anyone else.

Ultimately, I'm glad that your family is OK. But I wouldn't let my guard down. They'll probably be back in time. Just be sure to keep all your doors and windows and everything locked. And of course, keep a firearm readily accessible in the unfortunately situation where you'd have to use it to protect your family. Also, keep a phone near the gun too in case you have to grab it so you can grab both because seconds count.

I'm going to edit to add, since it's a long drive out the driveway to the road from your house, one big deterrent that you may consider adding is a locked gate very near the road if you can because no one is going to want to hike a half a mile. They chose your house because it is a long way off from the road so they wouldn't be spotted.

Motion activated lights at gate, halfway up drive, in proximity to house.
Siren. Voice hailer.

Back in the '60s. There was a farmer I knew who had a ship's bell rigged to BONG when the front gate was opened. It was set at night.

Park this on your lawn / yard / in front of your house... ( maybe remote control it from the house :D )

prototype.jpg

Prototype Multiple .50 caliber Gun Motor Carriage T77 on M24 Chaffee tank chassis. Aberdeen proving ground

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/pregnant-florida-mom-uses-ar-15-to-kill-home-intruder/

excerpt:

A pregnant woman is credited with saving the lives of her husband and daughter after she used an AR-15 to fatally gun down a home intruder, a report said.

The hero mom sprung into action when two intruders entered the family’s Lithia, Fla. home last week and pistol whipped her husband while violently grabbing their daughter, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

“They came in heavily hooded and masked,” the husband, Jeremy King, told Bay News 9.

“As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.”

The robbers then pistol-whipped King and kicked him while the man’s wife, who is eight months pregnant, retreated into the bedroom.

“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”

Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body lying in the ditch nearby. The second suspect was on the loose.

The homeowner said he took a “severe beating,” but credited his wife for saving him.

“I’ve got a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity, a concussion, 20 stitches and three staples in my head,” said King.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”

“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”

Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body lying in the ditch nearby.
I'm going to interpret some colorful newspeak the way I understand it...

"...she clipped him,..." --> She shot him
"He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing."
--> He ran and toppled over [or died] 200 feet away.

Is that the same way you see it? Or did she make a 200 foot shot when he was in the ditch?

I noticed some of the same quirks with the authors writing style as you did.

Still, I'm glad the firearm was there to protect this family. Sounds like they would've surely killed the father, un-telling what they would have done to the mother and children.

https://www.ocala.com/news/20190711/summerfield-homeowner-injured-kills-2-intruders-with-ar-15

Summerfield [FL] homeowner injured, kills 2 intruders with AR-15

7/11/2019
Two men were arrested following the shoot-out in southern Marion County.

SUMMERFIELD — Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday afternoon.

Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm. Both men were being held in the Marion County Jail without bond.

Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. Wednesday and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired.

Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said.

Continuing into the home, deputies found the 61-year-old homeowner in a bedroom.

He had an AR-15 rifle on his legs and was bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach, according to sheriff’s officials. Doyle and the homeowner were transported to Ocala Regional Medical Center, where Doyle died.

Deputies continued to search the area.

Deputy Austin Coon and K-9 Deputy Alberto Gago, with his dog Nitro, found Rodriguez and Hamilton in the 15000 block of Southeast 36th Avenue, according to arrest reports. Rodriguez was hiding in tall grass on the side of the road.

[video: see link]

He was wearing sweat pants and a purple shirt. Hamilton was wearing all black clothing.

Deputies said the men were sweating.

The mobile home where the shooting occurred is on a 20-acre lot with dense woods and a single-lane dirt driveway. The distance from a gate to home is roughly 300 yards.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...-shotgun-shoots-dead-three-suspected-burglars

Texas homeowner armed with shotgun shoots dead three suspected burglars
The homeowner was wounded himself in a brief gun battle, but is not expected to face charges

Three suspected burglars were shot dead inside a Texas home on Monday when a man who lived there fired a shotgun at the invaders and was wounded himself in a brief gun battle, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

The wounded survivor was undergoing surgery and unlikely to face criminal charges as he had the legal right to defend his home, Gonzalez told reporters at the scene in Channelview, about 30 km east of Houston.

“The law allows residents inside their own homes to defend themselves,” said Gonzalez, adding that the matter would nonetheless be referred to the grand jury for an inquest.

“The one with the shotgun was able to shoot at the three males and they were all pronounced dead here at the scene,” Gonzalez said.

The violence broke out shortly after 8 a.m. local time when three men dressed in dark clothing entered a mobile home where two other men lived. The suspects backed their car toward the home and left the engine running as if they planned a fast getaway, but their exact intent was unknown, Gonzalez said.

The homeowner was wounded himself in a brief gun battle

he had the legal right to defend his home,

“The law allows residents inside their own homes to defend themselves,” said Gonzalez, adding that the matter would nonetheless be referred to the grand jury for an inquest.

That gonzalez sounds like a real piece of shit.

It's likely Gonzalez will know something we don't, so perhaps there may be no innocence at issue.

Maybe we've got 3 goons going after a snitch, or maybe he ripped off their stash, or burned them on a drug deal . . .
There's a lot of possibilities. We don't know much yet, but 3 guys didn't shoot their way into some trailer just to make off with the TV.

There was a beef here.

I just had a new website pointed out to me that tries to locate news articles and when firearms are used in defense. It has an interactive map and shows the media articles and often even tells whether there were multiple assailants and other details that I thought some of you may be interested in. I updated the original post with this information to for anyone who is just finding it, but I wanted to add it here too so I could bump the topic for everyone that has already participated in it so they can see it too.

The interactive map is pretty neat too.

https://www.heritage.org/data-visua...30.1940526719.1588085711-128709172.1586445667

defensive shooting.JPG

I just had a new website pointed out to me that tries to locate news articles and when firearms are used in defense. It has an interactive map and shows the media articles and often even tells whether there were multiple assailants and other details that I thought some of you may be interested in. I updated the original post with this information to for anyone who is just finding it, but I wanted to add it here too so I could bump the topic for everyone that has already participated in it so they can see it too.

The interactive map is pretty neat too.

https://www.heritage.org/data-visua...30.1940526719.1588085711-128709172.1586445667

View attachment 23066
That's a great map. I was surprised to see the number of events in just the last 90 days and that's not likely all of them either.

I sure wish we had "Stand Your Ground" laws. Gotta be ready to be 'cuffed, stuffed and charged if you did that here. You might be found blameless, but you better hope it's pretty obvious to the attending police what happened. But, you could always be at the mercy of some prosecutor looking to make a name for himself...gives me bad dreams man...lol

Knoxville police investigating another shooting in the Fort Sanders neighborhood Link
According to KPD, officers are investigating a shooting at the 100 block of James Agee Street.

Author: WBIR Staff
Published: 7:54 PM EST February 3, 2020
Updated: 5:21 PM EST February 4, 2020
Update Feb. 4, 2020, at 8:45 a.m.:

An investigation is underway after a shooting at a home in the Fort Sanders neighborhood Monday night.

Knoxville Police said a 21-year-old man fired shots at two attempted burglars at around 6:54 p.m. He told investigators that two male subjects had attempted to force entry through the back door of the home on the 100-block of James Agee Street, police said.

According to the release, the man said he fired at least two shots at the suspects in self-defense and the suspects took off towards Grand Avenue.

"Around that same time, patrol officers responded to the Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, where a 27-year-old male matching the description of one of the suspects had arrived with at least two gunshot wounds to the abdomen," Knoxville Police spokesperson Scott Erland said.

Erland said he was transferred to the UT Medical Center for treatment for injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.

"It is unknown at this time if the two incidents are connected," he said.

Knoxville Police said investigators with the violent crimes unit responded to the Fort Sanders hospital as well as the residence on James Agee Street to begin its investigation.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/c...rhood/51-21daaec9-6e0f-4390-8d27-631c80da65ba

Thanx to @John A. for the link to the interactive map that pointed me to this article.

Back