• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

Linemans hatchet, pretty cool lookin. Pole bolts I believe, old school stuff

Very good Djcala. Spot on with that.

Ripjack, if you get rid of that one, I call dibs. I wish I had a dollar for every bolt I've put in and taken out. Admittedly never with a hatchet though. But I still love it.

Here's the clamps and bolts:
https://www.linemen-tools.com/category_s/583.htm

I'd probably fix it up and give it to my oldest son. He's in Texas right now building new lines.

Here's a little bit of trivia a lot of people don't know, but the shape of electric poles is not by accident. It's deliberate.

fallen lineman.jpg

Last edited:
Added a really good blade to the stable last month, I was at the GABC Trade blanket weekend and saw the Lt Wright Overland Machete its 19.5 oal, with 12.5 being blade, the handle is nice long lots of purchase option wrapped in canvas micarta. 1075carbon with his own patina method, about 2mm thick and weighs in at 20oz. Takes a beating and has held a good edge. Great balance etc...just a really good choice for machete/large knife. Ive had the esee Jungles before great tool but darn heavy this LT Wright is just about in the sweet spot for size weight multitool. They call ut machete that doubles as large knife , I say its a large knife that works as a machete ??? 1106191212.jpg 1106191212a.jpg

Added a really good blade to the stable last month, I was at the GABC Trade blanket weekend and saw the Lt Wright Overland Machete its 19.5 oal, with 12.5 being blade, the handle is nice long lots of purchase option wrapped in canvas micarta. 1075carbon with his own patina method, about 2mm thick and weighs in at 20oz. Takes a beating and has held a good edge. Great balance etc...just a really good choice for machete/large knife. Ive had the esee Jungles before great tool but darn heavy this LT Wright is just about in the sweet spot for size weight multitool. They call ut machete that doubles as large knife , I say its a large knife that works as a machete ??? View attachment 22051 View attachment 22052
The machete/knife looks nice and the handle looks cool, but does the handle really feel ok in the hand ?

15730627361305589735578537474691.jpg 15730627361305589735578537474691.jpg
The machete/knife looks nice and the handle looks cool, but does the handle really feel ok in the hand ?
Its amazing actually, have used a good bit clearing quick shooting lines and some camp wood. No hot spots no blisters, LT WRIGHT makes quality, I have one of his knives also the large "pouter"

6 stitches later, I'm good to go...

1101191651b_HDR.jpg

6 stitches later, I'm good to go...

We need details, please... ;) Not of the repair, but of the actions resulting in the carnage. Looks likes a decent fix, hopefully no nerve or tendon damage. :eek: :(

I got a cut like that when I was a teen working in a kitchen. Wiped a french knife against my thigh a little more obtusely than I should have. :eek: Quickly bled red through my whites but 10 bandaids later I was back on the line slinging slop... :D I kept the blood-stained pants on through my shift to both shock and awe the waitresses... :)

PS: this is only about 1.5" long but happened about 35 years ago. Haven't thought about it in years. Next thing you know we'll be reenacting that shark bite scene from Jaws! :D Let's drink to our legs! :D VIDEO

oldscar.jpg

Last edited:
Ripjack, you know us guys here are generally supportive of each other so I gotta say:

It looks like you have mastered the process of sharpening your blades.

Good job on that :thumbsup:

:cheers:

:yourock:

You're :welcome:

On the downswing, I must have chopped into my leg. I actually had just sharpened it, so it was super sharp. I didn't even realize I did it till Michele said something....
Did I finish the job like most bull-headed men of yesteryear or realize medical needs as priority?
I did not. I certainly was going to, but the wife and grandkid saw it and freaked out.
**Is that blood on your leg?!! Come here, pull up your pants so I can see that.
OMG!! Marc! what did you do?
* I don't know. Yep, that's blood.
***Pepere! You have a hole in your leg!!!
**Let's go....

Back