• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

As if you need another reason not to post serial numbers

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
As the title implies, as if you need another reason not to post photos that contain serial numbers or other identifying information, it looks like google is working on a search program that will recognize the lettering of your photos now.

I'll let you read it for yourself, but the short story is that you can type in the serial number in a google search and if there are any photos of it online with visible serial numbers, the search engine will pull them up.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/10/22/google-firearm-serial-numbers/

Thanks for that info. Man, big brother is watching closely . I remember reading 1984 so many years ago. I thought at the time it was so far fetched, well here we are.

I use a piece of black electrical tape... (first pic)

OR Photoshop "smudge". (second pic)

lorc2.jpg

pt111b.jpg

PS: and another reason I don't use gugel search...

I think a AI connected to a 5G grid could create singularity and change mankind as we know it, forever...

You mean like smart phones? Home voice response devices? Its already here, the amount of privicy people have already given up for the sake of convienience is really scary. The amount of personal, financial, medical, etc. data stored in the cloud is massive. And we have no control over it.

I mean the 5G towers operate in a so tight grid and in such high frequencies/cycles that it litterally can damage/alter DNA

Back