• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Yes and it's still sadly funny.

" . . . a 30 magazine clip in half a second!"

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Another lovely fall day in the Sunny San Joaquin, and tomorrow I'm going to shoot the .308 with an old work buddy who just bought a similar Ruger in .308.

I just counted & I now own 4 Rugers, 4 Savages, 3 Henrys, 3 Mossbergs, 2 Marlins, 2 Springfields, 1 Kahr, 1 S&W, 1 ATI, 1 North American, 1 Ranger (by Springfield), 1 Cimmaron (by Uberti), 2 airguns, and 2 totally non-functional basket cases.

Not a single Colt, Remington or Winchester. Why does this feel wrong?

Last edited:
"I, 'hombre243', do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I took this oath 06 August 1969. My oath has no expiration date.

For all my military retired and veteran friends, I challenge you to post this as your status. Replace my name with yours and enter your oath date.

Capture.JPG

Awoke to another cold morning. Temps in the mid to lower teens this morning. The snow is laying on the ground from the other day which means if it doesn't melt off today, we'll have another laying snow before the week is over. That is my grandmothers technique of predicting weather. If the snow lays on for 3 days, more snow was in her forecast.

And I can't remember a time when that was ever wrong.

My better half is feeling better this morning after having the dentist pull one of her wisdom teeth that was giving her some problems.

I was also not able to find the little 6 point that I shot over the weekend. I'm seriously bummed out over that.

Awoke to another cold morning. Temps in the mid to lower teens this morning. The snow is laying on the ground from the other day which means if it doesn't melt off today, we'll have another laying snow before the week is over. That is my grandmothers technique of predicting weather. If the snow lays on for 3 days, more snow was in her forecast.

And I can't remember a time when that was ever wrong.

My better half is feeling better this morning after having the dentist pull one of her wisdom teeth that was giving her some problems.

I was also not able to find the little 6 point that I shot over the weekend. I'm seriously bummed out over that.
My mother have several "weather slogans".. that have been passed on for generations :)

I feel your sadness/disappointment regarding that animal...

We have a rule/law in Sweden regarding game that have been shot during hunting but run away from the site and can not be found immediately. Within two hours you must call in a certified tracker/hunter ( we have several in each county ) with a certified dog so you can find the animal and "finish" it. If you dont you can be reported to the police and be forced to pay hefty fine. Ive heard fines such as a $1000

28 § JL. If game has been harmed during hunting, the hunter should as soon as possible take the necessary measures to enable the animal to be detected and killed.

17 § JF When hunting for bear, lynx, elk, moose, deer, muffler sheep or wild boar, a dog specially trained in detecting damaged game can be present at the shooting area within a maximum of two hours from the shooting.
It is a similar rule/law when you hit animals with your car that run away afterwards. You must report it to the police so THEY can call in a certified tracker/hunter and find it. Same hefty fines there too if you dont.

Good morning btw :D +3 C here today ( 37 F ) and the snow is melting... Nice !

Last edited:
We don't have that law here. But if I knew someone with a tracking dog, I would've asked them to help find it. Even without having a law requiring it. That is the first deer in my adult life that I could not find. Other than the 4 drops of blood near the last place where I saw it, that was all that I saw.

There were so many downed trees in the area it went to, made it even more difficult. Plus, with the turkeys that had been scratching and feeding earlier, and the other 4 deers that have been using the area as a safe haven and bedding area, the leaves were so rustled made tracking without a dog all the more impossible.

We don't have that law here. But if I knew someone with a tracking dog, I would've asked them to help find it. Even without having a law requiring it. That is the first deer in my adult life that I could not find. Other than the 4 drops of blood near the last place where I saw it, that was all that I saw.

There were so many downed trees in the area it went to, made it even more difficult. Plus, with the turkeys that had been scratching and feeding earlier, and the other 4 deers that have been using the area as a safe haven and bedding area, the leaves were so rustled made tracking without a dog all the more impossible.
I was just sharing that we have a law.. i understand John, and are not pointing any finger towards you :)
Hope you feel better about this soon. You have done good, what you could.

Sharing something completely different now. A doc about Sweden in English with nice views. Im longing for spring and summer now

Good afternoon guys.

I've been on a mission to get rid of junk and fix up the garage better and load some ammo. So far I've cleaned and sorted 1000 rounds, and prepped 260 .308s for loading. Not sure but I think I have some 150, 165 and 180 gn projectiles, but maybe only 50 or 100 of any size. I have some Varget powder and also a bit of 3031, but no other rifle powders. I think I'll spring for the expensive stuff at about $250/8lbs for Vihtavuori.

I had to make an appointment yesterday for a pee test today. When I called, I asked how much to bring with me and she said wait till I get there. I said I have half gallon mason jars and she said she wouldn't need that much so I asked, are quarts ok? She sounded frustrated and said just a half pint will do. I said I will have to buy some half pint jars. Would a jelly jar be enough. She said, if that's all I am bringing, don't bother because their test jars are that size so I can use theirs. I asked if they were new or had they been washed good. She hung up. I love screwin with them before they have coffee.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners. Lots more ammo prep today. This week the garage has taken shape a bit more and I've prepped over 300 cases and tumbled over 1000. I need a better case prep setup though. My twiddle fingers are getting sore from twiddling.

My bud has a motorized setup, and I'm jealous. I may go shopping today if somebody in town has what I want.

I wonder how sturdy those things are? His is green . . . possibly RCBS. I must investigate further.

@hombre243 Will that gallon jar soak the crud off of used brass?

@meanstreak I haven't been out much. Too much cleaning to do. If the Nomad was running better, I don't know if it would be getting done as well. It's full on Indian Summer here.

I bought some less expensive powder. Benchmark, for the .308.

Last edited:
I'm longing to fly over Scandanavia (in calm weather!) The video was lovely. It's quite different here in the Great American desert.

Where we water, it's green. Where we don't, it dies.

I took this shot over the farm of . . . (some total loonie?)
View attachment 22135
Maybe hes trippin ? lol I think its som cartoon character at top right ? Trying to read what the name under says: hooley ?

We have scenery too. You can almost smell the moonshine. :cheers:

View attachment 22136
Very nice !

Sweden looks great.
It's pretty here but we have no moose to pet or eat or shoot. We are trying to reintroduce elk but it's slow going. We had elk here at one time but they were hunted out in the mid to late 1880s.
California is a beautiful state but earthquakes are right above tornadoes on the list of things I try to stay away from. :sofa:

Back