• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Republicans And Democrats Agree On This

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
In the last federal spending budget the democrats and republicans added wording to clarify that the CDC wasn't prevented from doing gun related research. They were prevented from using research to advocate for gun laws. Now the two sides have agreed to the 2020 budget which gives 25 million to the Center For Disease Control and the National Institute for Health to study "gun violence". Trump approved and signed off on it. It was done quietly in December when the impeachment was going on.

For me it's another strike against the republicans and Trump.

The Center for .......Disease.......control seems to be going outside their pervue on this one.

While I love what Trump is going on most fronts, he still is not great for gun owners. ...but still immensly better than the alternative to the left.

I think the important thing will be what the studies uncover.

Because if they somehow manage to uncover the truth, Trump will be tweeting it on the hour:

White folks kill less often than anyone. Every cop knows this. It's their daily experience.

But if the studies try to falsely blame this effect on the great success of white people, or racist cops, or whatever, they are merely looking to blame and not to solve.

There will be no efforts to solve if the truth cannot be made public.

The Center for .......Disease.......control seems to be going outside their pervue on this one.

While I love what Trump is going on most fronts, he still is not great for gun owners. ...but still immensly better than the alternative to the left.

The anti-gun anger is too bi-partisan now. But the left will keep slipping up, and keep giving Trump leverage.

I think it would have passed anyway even if no Repubes voted for it. But wasn't it jammed into some huge spending bill? I can see the "data" eventually collected could be spun either way.

Here are what the findings will be and would somebody send me a million for my research please! ;) (US statistics)
  • Most gun violence is black on black, then brown on brown with the majority of it being gang-related.
  • Many deaths by gun are suicide.
  • Most "mass-shootings" occur where guns are not allowed.
  • Cities/areas with more permissive gun laws have less gun crime and crime overall.
There is a lot more than that but I just pulled these out of my ass on short notice... :D

It doesn't matter what the findings are, the root cause will be boiled down by the left to be systemic racism.

I believe if they really boil the meat off the bone and study hard they will find the firearms harm no one 99% of the time usually its a bullet to blame causing death or damage , a firearm only kills or hurts in the rare buttstroke or pistol whipping. Its the bullets that are dangerous......

The Wash Post ran an artical about VA gun owners overreacting to new legislation stating that the gov doesn't want to take away their guns when the representatives and the wording of the legislation specifically states that they do.

The propaganda spewed by the media is unbelievable. The left has an agenda. No amount of facts, discussion, reasoning etc it going to change their goals.

People keep saying we are headed to a civil war. hate to break it to people but we are already in one and it started years ago. We're just in the political phase now. The actual physical battle won't come until the rest plays out, if it ever gets that far.

The physical confrontations are long under way, but so far it's been all spotty guerilla action by mostly uncoordinated loonies going off half-cocked.
It's not just an American war, and nobody much is gonna line up on the field like Lee and Grant.

It's a global multi-media civil war between lefties and commies worldwide, against all the forces of established stability and sanity.
Bloomberg and his ilk don't just support US dems you know. They spread it around to promote their ideas.

A huge part of the war is the propaganda war. So far it's been successful in convincing lots of people that things are far more critical than reality indicates.
But much is hidden. Great economic battles take place on a stage invisible to the public.

And half of the clearly visible is 90% false.

You guys are spot on with your assessments of the situation.

Caddmann, I'm not sure if you heard about it, but the leader of China was commenting that the citizens shouldn't have guns too. Gee, I wonder why?

I think it would have passed anyway even if no Repubes voted for it. But wasn't it jammed into some huge spending bill?
The wording clarification was done before the mid term election and the republicans were still running the house. Money to fund the "research" was added this year by the democrats. Trump would have had to veto it which he chose not to.

Back