• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Sorry Cadd, this is a little off the subject of this thread but i couldn't remember where I read your post about reloading and sealing your lead against corrosion. I just had an idea about that when I got out some several years old lead bullet loads of the 45 auto flavor. Some have some white corrosion on them. It wipes off easily but why should that be necessary if you prep them properly? Right? What about vacuum sealing them? It is just a thought. Do you think it is worth the trouble? The plastic bags can be re-used if you are careful how you cut them open. What do you think?

I put some anti corrosion lube on my handloads if I'm going to store them. Not if I'll shoot them soon though.
I'm going to try powder coating my own cast boolitz so they won't corrode. They should store a looong time.

Happy New Year Mossberg Owners!

What lube do you use.? Never heard of using it.
I've used several things, but I like the WD-40 Long Term Corrosion Inhibitor oil.

Not the new Spray and Stay Gel formula, the little cans that cost $12 for 6oz.
wd40.jpg
It's the same oil I leave in the bore, action, bolt etc. Anything that must not rust in storage.

Unfortunately this old lube thread has mostly gone TU as many photobucket photos and OP are AWOL 4 years now.
http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/results-of-gun-care-product-evaluation.11811/

BTW I took the .308 apart today and replaced that awful ambidextrous safety that was cutting into my thumb web every time I pulled the trigger.

It's just two screws to get it apart.
20191231_120010.jpg
As you can see it is nothing like an AR inside. The only part that stays in that "lower" is the mag release and the safety.

For Christmas I bought myself a set of Wheeler Precision scope levels and a master lapping kit, and a Weaver precision torque wrench.

Wheeler does not actually make these as is revealed on the paperwork but they do come from Missouri.
20191231_172510.jpg

I've used several things, but I like the WD-40 Long Term Corrosion Inhibitor oil.

View attachment 22427
It's the same oil I leave in the bore, action, bolt etc. Anything that must not rust in storage.

Unfortunately this old lube thread has mostly gone TU as many photobucket photos and OP are AWOL 4 years now.
http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/results-of-gun-care-product-evaluation.11811/

Thanks Cadd, I will look it over

View attachment 22427

I looked at the thread and there are several lubes I still have and some i have tossed. The Kroil was the latest to hit the waste can. Not because I didn't like it but it is like a wild woman...I could not keep it contained. It was such a good penetrator it started leaking out the seam around the bottom and if I had not set it in a coffee can lid I would have had a heck of a mess.

I looked at the thread and there are several lubes I still have and some i have tossed. The Kroil was the latest to hit the waste can. Not because I didn't like it but it is like a wild woman...I could not keep it contained. It was such a good penetrator it started leaking out the seam around the bottom and if I had not set it in a coffee can lid I would have had a heck of a mess.

I've had various cans of prep and stripper that ate thru the cans after many years, but the worst was a plastic jug of roundup.
OMG what a mess. I had roundup stalagtites.

My Jan 1 ride was exactly like the one last year. Temps in 50s... so a short one. Just 14 miles to the office and back.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

It has 36 round mags?
Oh yeah :)

Below is text and images from gotavapen.se

Probably one of the best magazines in the world for 9 mm Luger. Swedish Kpist M/45, 36 shot.

kpistmag45_600w.jpg

1945 a new 36 shot magazine was developed. It turned out to be one of the very best magazines in the world until now. It is wider behind and more narrow to the front. This construction allows the cartridges to move freely up and down independent of dust and below zero conditions. Magazines with parallel sides are very likely to jam under cold conditions. This, both Germans with MP40 and British with Sten-Gun, found out the hard way. The m/45 magazine has double rows of cartridges and it is very easy to load by hand. With the help of a special tool a magazine can be loaded in 6 seconds.

magptrladdn.jpg

Loading device for m/45 magazine.
It loads a full magazine in 6 seconds.
Note the 36 shot clip for the rounds.

magptrladdn2.jpg

Six hits on the handle and the magzine is fully loaded. Each row of rounds falls down in line of the device by the gravity.

The rounds were put on 36 round clips with small locks in the both ends of each row of 6 rounds. These locks were smaller then the primer pockets. There were some accidents when a loaded clip was dropped on a hard surface. The lock hit the primer and there was an accidental discharge. when the round exploded. The clips were later altered to be with wider locks.

laddram_c_w.jpg

ptrm07_m39-2.jpg

bullets2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @fellmann for posting all that data.
Amazingly, that 39b is only 105 grain ammo, which I would think somewhat lightweight, but that is a THICK jacket!
And about 1337 FPS that's some elite ammo.

Right now I'm loading 9mm Luger in 124 grain (~8 gram) copper plated lead. Cheap & only good for target practice on unarmored gremlins, goblins and small orcs. I never considered the trade-off between shooting soft rounds that splatter opposed to hard jackets causing barrel wear.

I'm now loading .308 match target ammo (or as close as I can make it to such) and hoping in the future to maybe go to a (maybe 175 grain ?) baked poly-painted projectile to avoid that wear, and yet still have a real jacket I can spin to high RPM without shatter.

Happy New Year from Felix the Google-eyed Monster!
20191231_093531.jpg

I tossed a dozen little mollies in his tank at Christmas Day and a few of them are still surviving under the sponge filters.

But he is well fed now.

I have two huge dalmatian mollies that have been breeding like mad and their offspring are filling up a 40 gallon aquarium, so I have to get rid of them. I was going to start breeding crawfish for him to eat but this just kind of happened on its own.

Normally people are advised not to feed live fish to their Oscars because the ones offered for sale in the fish stores are often unhealthy, and low on nutrition due to a cheap diet of wheat corn and soy products.

But my fish are perfectly healthy plus they have been raised in salty water so they don't have any of the typical Oscar diseases. In fact they are incredibly healthy and I have been feeding them top quality foods costing upwards of $60~ $100 per pound.

The Guppies are breeding as well but they do not grow nearly as fast or as large as mollies. They are however much prettier as adults, where mollies are kind of ordinary black fish that like to eat algae all the time.
15779857026451138841772.jpg
This is the 42 gallon sump I had built for my office aquarium and it also serves as the grow out tank for Felix's future fish treats.

Most of the fish in that tank are too small to be seen against the gravel backdrop but I estimate there are over one hundred fry and 30 of them are over an inch long.
1577986133104177419757.jpg
Several of the mollies and Guppies are now large enough to breed and they are freely doing so.

Back