• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

VA: Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia

Armed and no conflict for now.

This was the warning to politicians. Pray they have enough sense to drop things and not go any farther.

I really don't think it would remain peaceful for too very long.

lots of good pictures here: https://www.richmond.com/news/local..._9dba409a-4f0d-57ee-93eb-5da72a50ebbe.html#11

One of my favorites
5e260b19c8ca8.image.jpg

@John A.
Thank you so much for your up-to-the-minute posts on the Richmond rally. I actually watch almost 2 hours of videos from your links.

My take is that this rally shed a very favorable light on the gun rights advocates.
[see next reply]

I hope this atmosphere has national impact.

This story reminds me of the 2012 Tea Party rallies that ended with a grounds cleanup that left the area spotless. The Democraps left the grounds they used as messes that cost cities thousands of dollars to recover.

RICHMOND, Va. — In the days leading up to a pro-gun rally, politicians in Virginia worried about potential violence between protesters and counter-demonstrators. Those fears turned out to be unfoundedin fact, pro-gun advocates even took time to clean up following their demonstration.

An estimated 22,000 people showed up at the rally in Richmond on Monday — many of whom wore bright orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers, which were handed out by the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

Many of those stickers ended up on the ground, but one attendee from Salem, Virginia, encouraged fellow protesters to clean up the mess.

Elyas Christley traveled to Capitol Square, joining other gun-rights activists voicing their opposition to plans by the state's Democratic leadership to pass gun-control legislation.

Christley grabbed a black plastic bag and yelled his "trash call" at 8th and Main Streets, urging people to clean up the mess littering the roadway.

"Let's go. Clean it up!" he yelled over the crowd that filed out of the Capitol Square. "We are going to package this up and put it in [Governor] Ralph Northam's mailbox."

Within half an hour, a trash bag was filled with stickers, plastic bottles, and food wrappers.

"We want to show an example to everyone else," Christley said. "This is how you protest peacefully."

This story was originally published by Brendan King on WTVR in Richmond, Virgina.

Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

Thank you John for all the coverage.

The local paper reported that there were several thousand protesters.

I'd be interested to see the final estimate, because it certainly looked like much more than several thousand.

Thank you John for all the coverage.

The local paper reported that there were several thousand protesters.

I'd be interested to see the final estimate, because it certainly looked like much more than several thousand.

One headline down below the last picture estimated 22,000 2A supporters.

It was more than several thousand. The mainstream media would never want to portray the turnout as anything other than slightly favorable for our side.

Honest conservative estimates that I have seen from people who were there, said probably 75,000, and the larger estimates upwards of 200,000.

If you think about how many people will fit in a football stadium, and then compare to how many people were there, it was a lot more than "a few thousand".

A statement from ralph northram. Who gives credit to all the hard work of the police keeping everything peaceful. I don't take anything away from the police.

but the stark reality is, if that crowd was determined to be rowdy, the police would not have been able to have stopped it.

Statement of Governor Ralph S. Northam on Lobby Day Demonstration
RICHMOND—We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

Virginia’s law enforcement and first responders demonstrated tremendous professionalism. I’m proud of their work. I have spoken with Colonel Settle of the State Police, Colonel Pike of the Capitol Police, and Chief Smith of the Richmond Police Department, as well as leaders of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s office, and thanked them for keeping Virginia safe.

Thousands of people came to Richmond to make their voices heard. Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully. The issues before us evoke strong emotions, and progress is often difficult. I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe.

I tend to agree that the dem's will push ahead with their agenda too. I never really thought that the outcome would have been any different. But he can't say the public didn't put him on notice that they aren't going along with it.

By him forging ahead, this is going to cause a lot of trouble. Not just for him and the democrats but for everyone. The peacekeepers, the citizens, and people that otherwise would have no intention of being caught up in the middle of this.

Militias are being formed where they didn't exist a month ago. Communities are banding together. People do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

The turn out was amazing basically perfect not to small not to big.
Some numbers for digestion:
The Va Nat Guard has about
7500 troops TOTAL.
Virginia has around 22,000 sworn LEOs.
Y'all know what the estimates of "visible" attendees at ground zero were .
Those are interesting figures to hash over.
I believe about 40k were in the immediate area , sooo kinda like 3 or 4 WHOLE DIVISIONS !!!!(naw on that a few minutes)
As for the first folks; Va guard and LEO the ??? Is of their numbers how many loyal to the crown vs the constitution thats the X factor.
But seriously I believe the rallybwas very subdued and cool on purpose as was hoped. Cause 2 MILLION could easily be mustered to attend make no mistake.
Also, a tidbit for those who in other debates and discussions find "molon labe" and such smussing or absurd or never happen well ya dont know Appalachia and grass roots America its real and know oppression wont be tolerated in many places, Virginia is such a place. Standby and pray cool heads prevail.

Also, a tidbit for those who in other debates and discussions find "molon labe" and such smussing or absurd or never happen well ya dont know Appalachia and grass roots America its real and know oppression wont be tolerated in many places, Virginia is such a place. Standby and pray cool heads prevail.

For anyone that would like reference material, should look up the Battle of Athens (TN), Battle of Matewan (WV) [interestingly, this is where the term redneck originated because the miners wore a handkerchief around their neck to identify friend from foe], Battle of Blair Mountain, Bloody Harlan (KY), etc.

This wouldn't be the first time that the people went up against a corrupt government.

Notice the headline and the article on the right of the page.

Airfleet_ordered_to_West_Virginia_Battlefield_during_the_Blair_Mountain_fight_1921.png

For anyone that would like reference material, should look up the Battle of Athens (TN), Battle of Matewan (WV) [interestingly, this is where the term redneck originated because the miners wore a handkerchief around their neck to identify friend from foe], Battle of Blair Mountain, Bloody Harlan (KY), etc.

This wouldn't be the first time that the people went up against a corrupt government.

Notice the headline and the article on the right of the page.

Airfleet_ordered_to_West_Virginia_Battlefield_during_the_Blair_Mountain_fight_1921.png

These things should surely be taught in us history but are glazed over.
Blair MTN :
That led to a battle that shocked the nation. With upward of 10,000 miners ready to fight for their rights, it became clear that 3,000 police and local volunteers wouldn’t be enough to hold off the tide. Planes dropped bombs on the miners at the direction of military aviation pioneer Billy Mitchell. Five days into the fighting, President Warren G. Harding declared martial law in West Virginia and sent in the U.S. Army. The miners’ resistance soon collapsed.

The Battle of Blair Mountain took its toll on West Virginia’s mining communities for decades. But the conflict remains a source of pride for many — and is key to understanding the region’s fractious relationship with national politicians.

That was an exerpt from a book, I would add in modern time I believe with social media , modern comms the 10,000 would have easily been 100,000 altering the final results dramatically.

As for good ole Harlan , my wifes lifelong best friend is from Harlan Ky, we visited over holidays it is still very armed in them parts I promise ya. :oldman:

Yeah, Harlan can take care of itself.

If you ever come to visit, give me a ring.

I know that it's not mentioned in this thread, but Harlan was the first county in the state of KY to declare itself a 2A county. And this was by unanimous vote, which included both dems and repub's sitting on the board. That should speak volumes. People here do things their own way and don't take kindly being told what to do, especially by outsiders and government.

We can manage just fine without stupid politicians.

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Harlan-County-becomes-2nd-Amendment-Sanctuary-566282321.html

The thing that occurs to me this morning is that while the pen is mightier than the sword, the movie is mightier than the rifle, and the television is mightier than the AR.

Also if Virginia's faithless Governor didn't realize that that crowd could have hauled him out and strung him up on a pole at any time, that fact needs to be made very clear to him.

I did see a few suspended Effigies but not one that was an apparent corpse of the governor.

But I'll bet they were there and we just didn't see it on the TV because . . . well you know who runs the TV.

My personal favorite was the guillotine.

I don't know if I can find a picture of it now, but it was in the middle of an intersection near the capital building.

Let's not forget a famous inauguration from 2009... :rolleyes:

Let's go back to a quote from JFK: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country!" Particularly, clean up after yourselves! :mad:

Attachments

• nobaminaug.JPG
    nobaminaug.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 4
Back