• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

@fellmann The WW-II photos were amazing. Is that Dornier serial tag in your local museum?
I only have a few souvenirs from that era...my dad's old medals, jack knife, ID cards and military brass, and a Mk-2 combat knife.

Those Andersson knives are too rich for me! When I spend that much, there will be a big rifle already attached to the handle!

BTW, I went to look at an old M1 Garrand and a S&W 645 at the local auction co Thursday, but both sold for lots more than I would spend.
$650 for the very clean pistol and $900+ for a rifle so dirty the action just jammed the first time some idiot tried to rack it. I went home empty handed.

Today looks so nice I'm going to take the bike out. We had heavy rains Thursday night and I wasn't expecting this sun.
(This pic was 2 years back...)
View attachment 22560
I cant remember if the pieces is in the museum or in a locals collection. 15 hundred bucks is always welcome :)

I'm not a collector of anything but a little dust. But in 72 when my Mom's Dad, my Grandpa Albert, passed away Mom was given a box of items including a picture of a cowboy (a real one) on an old west slab with his Yellow Boy at his side. He was my Grandpa's sidekick while they worked on a ranch in Wyoming. Also were some other pictures and an original box of 45 acp, WWI era. Headstamped 1919. I have 35 of these cartridges. The box has rotted away. I fired one several years ago and they fire perfectly...at least that one did. I am not a history buff but I thought this memorabilia is worth keeping. I gave everything else back to my Mom's sister after Mom died in 89.

View attachment 22561
View attachment 22562
Very cool :)

Btw.. i have more info about the German plane.

They circled above the city a few times, with the engines stuttering and eventually some smoke. Not higher than the markings could be seen from the ground. Felt like they were looking for a spot to land. They ended up right under a power line on the land owned by Nils Johansson.

But wait, there is more ! :D
During the war, 142 American, 59 British and 121 German planes "landed" in Sweden.
Some V-1 rockets and even a V-2 ended up here !

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg owners.

I hope you folks back east aren't getting too pummeled. We've seen pics of deep snow.....
Real snow is still 5000' above our town. There has been very light frost.
No more, and lows generally about 38. No citrus fruit warnings issued.

I've been twiddling ammo and cleaning aquariums. Getting ready to go shoot on Tuesday.
Last time I took .44m loads but didn't take the revolver, so I have to shoot it this time.

The weather has been spotty so I never did go riding.

I have a lot of brass cleaned and sized, and much is primed: .308, .223, .45acp, .38, .357, .30-30, .44mag and .45-70g.
I bought new projectiles from Nossler and Barnes and eXtreme

Anyhow, today I'll powder and press these, or at least the .308s.

I have Varget and CFE223, which are the top two powders for this weight range, 150 to 180 grains in .308 Win.
I don't have the 2020 load tables yet. Those are from Hodgdon 2019.

I also have some Benchmark, which was the lowest power on some charts. Is it more consistent? IDK...
...yet.
;)

Good morning Mossberg reloaders.

I actually loaded my empty .45 brass last night and will do the .308s today.
I really wanted to try out the CFEpistol powder. But I will do .308s with Varget and CFE223.

Tuesday is shaping up to be cold and dim, with 23% chance of rain, so none of this shooting may be coming off.

Anyhow, I put together some dog beds for my mrs this AM, and now I'm back to the press.

I hope the weather back east isn't too horrific. I've seen some brutal photos.

Good morning Mossberg reloaders.

I actually loaded my empty .45 brass last night and will do the .308s today.
I really wanted to try out the CFEpistol powder. But I will do .308s with Varget and CFE223.

Tuesday is shaping up to be cold and dim, with 23% chance of rain, so none of this shooting may be coming off.

Anyhow, I put together some dog beds for my mrs this AM, and now I'm back to the press.

I hope the weather back east isn't too horrific. I've seen some brutal photos.

Not too bad here in Iowa. Temp is 20* at 220pm, 1/20. We got about 3" of snow and a bit of ice. I haven't been out but a friend told me yesterday some roads were clear but the N/S bounds were still slick. I am in the zone just north of I-80 and generally that is a bit north of the I-80 corridor where most of the really bad stuff happens. Tomorrow we should get some mid 30s temps and a bit higher Wednesday on. I am sure we will lose a lot of the white stuff that is on the ground. I saw in the paper we are supposed to get another wet spring so the farmers are in a tiz. We just have to wait and see.

I tried to post a reply to Cadd's warning about I-80 and it posted 4 times. I deleted 2 and now they are all gone...screw it.

Thanks Cadd...I know bout the I-80. Bad stretch of road.

Good morning Mossberg owners. This morning I am going to load up the .308 and a couple pistols and head out to the range again.

I made up 150 new loads to test.

It's going to be in the mid-50s although it is still in the mid-forties now.

I have been tossing aside my cold shots as non-representative of the accuracy achievable.

Well today they may all be cold shots!

You folks stay warm if you can . . . I'm going to go bundle up.

Good morning all. 26 this morning beneath a high thin overcast.

Fellman, that's a cool video. Made back when things were built to last. Is that for emergencies Thanks for posting.

Cadd, Good luck at the range.

Hombre, stay warm up there.

Yous all have a great day.

Good morning all. 26 this morning beneath a high thin overcast.

Fellman, that's a cool video. Made back when things were built to last. Is that for emergencies Thanks for posting.

Cadd, Good luck at the range.

Hombre, stay warm up there.

Yous all have a great day.
Yes :D It transmits on every Christmas eve and on Alexanderson day. I have seen videos where they pick up the transmission in the UK, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Poland, Greece, Italy, Macedonia etc. Could probably be used for emergencies

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy with a bit of snow on the ground this morning, maybe a half inch. Looks like a couple of winter like days for us.

Have a great day and be safe.

Afternoon fellas. Had to stay home today with a sick 3 YO. And the baby. So while they both slept this morning I made a spam and egg breakfast on the Coleman 530, with a vintage BSA mess kit.

23d78a692f43871490ed905069d11178.jpg
7c4133ff01197fc9e1b9c331a17685e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

'morning Mossbergers!

Yesterday was a lot of work going to the range and cleaning the guns. I chrono'd 45 handloads and shot targets for hours.

My friend couldn't figure out why I'd go home and disassemble a gun to clean it, when I only shot 20 rounds thru it.
But after sitting on the bench at the range for hours the wind blows dust into them.

Anyhow I got some needed exercise and made progress with the loading and saw a couple friends doing the same.

It was a lovely morning, but turned windy about 2:30, so I went home. I put up a new range report to document my findings. It wasn't my best shooting, but for ballistic science it fills in a lot of needed data.

Also, I determined that the last time out I had finally shot a slightly better pattern that I've ever made with the .223 handloads.

Today looks like another lovely day in the SJV, so I'm gonna lounge about, mess with my aquarium, and then take the mrs shopping for a bit. You all have a good one.

we have had some nice rains here and the desert is starting to turn a little green.... this is the view across the Canyon from our shooting range.
View attachment 22569
Riverside area was where I stayed for several months while in CA. Hemet and Perris too. Perris is where the PI I hired lived but he seems to have turned to mist. I was in riverside hospital 3 days and RCRMC hospital 12 days. Long story. I was also in Rubidoux for 6 months. After that I went to San Bernardino, San Diego, Ramona and then home.

We woke up to 18*F temps this morning. Colder than snot. I don't do well once it drops below about 25* and prefer to just stay indoors at that point.

Of course, that is pretty typical for this time of year though.

I hope you guys are staying warm and dry. Looks like caddmann got to do some shooting. That's really nice.

We woke up to 18*F temps this morning. Colder than snot. I don't do well once it drops below about 25* and prefer to just stay indoors at that point.

Of course, that is pretty typical for this time of year though.

I hope you guys are staying warm and dry. Looks like caddmann got to do some shooting. That's really nice.

John, I spent 3 winters in Northern Minnesota. 50 below 0 was the coldest I remember. Winds of 40 mph. Calculator says wind chill is -131F. We had to drive 20 miles to a deep well to tote water. I loved it.

Back