• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Caddmann, I often carry a 6 inch Taurus model 66 in a shoulder holster, which is basically very similar to the 686 of Djcala's. Though in fairness, that is my wifes pistol.

My mother in law has a nice Smith combat that she told me that she wanted me to have it when she dies. I taught her how to shoot with that handgun. She got pretty good with it too.

I had S&W run the serial number on it, and it's a 1974 make.

Went into a local place today, intending to handle, and probably purchase a Springfield Hellcat. No dice. So thought I would look st some .38 double action revolvers, just nothing caught my eye. Then I wandered to the corner with the "cowboy guns" decided to bring home this Uberti in .45LC single action of course. The store associate was actually wearing a pair of worked over Ruger Vaqueros in a fully loaded leather gun belt. We talked ammo, and reloading a bit so I felt pretty confident when he said the Uberti was a quality piece. This is my second SA, and my first .45 LC
b3133a08e17103d4d0be023318d74217.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Nice cowboy gun..!! Here in the Uk we can't own cartridge pistols, but can own muzzle loaders and M/L versions of the reproduction Colt SAA are available.

I'm in the market for one, but can't decide whether to go for one of those, or the Remington NMA..

Went into a local place today, intending to handle, and probably purchase a Springfield Hellcat. No dice. So thought I would look st some .38 double action revolvers, just nothing caught my eye. Then I wandered to the corner with the "cowboy guns" decided to bring home this Uberti in .45LC single action of course. The store associate was actually wearing a pair of worked over Ruger Vaqueros in a fully loaded leather gun belt. We talked ammo, and reloading a bit so I felt pretty confident when he said the Uberti was a quality piece. This is my second SA, and my first .45 LC
b3133a08e17103d4d0be023318d74217.jpg

Very nice !!, I have a Uberti 1851 blackpowder that is excellent a favorite in fact. Enjoy that beauty

Nice grab there Diesel. I have a friend that has an Uberti lever gun. It's a fine mixture of craftsmanship and artistry.

Very nice !!, I have a Uberti 1851 blackpowder that is excellent a favorite in fact. Enjoy that beauty
Funny you say that. Was talking to a friend about it last night, said his FIL had a blackpowder revolver that he had shot.... so that got my wheels turning.

I put 50 rounds through at about 15 yards tonight. Seems to be shooting consistently 6-8 inches low. Simple front blade sight. And notch rear. Should I file the front blade (obviously blend the original curve back in) and re finish the bare metal, or should I just leave well enough alone and shoot accordingly. I'm hesitant to start messing with a nice piece, but I also want to be able to shoot naturally, without using holdover, or kentucky windage. Not that I will be doing any competitive shooting or anything. But still.

ML revolvers had a problem with chainfire. Didn't they used to cap the cyls with wax or lard or something?
If you have the ability to change cylinders quickly, it could be fun.

During my research into ML revolvers the subject of chain-fires came up a lot... about 50-50 saying you need to fill the chamber with lard to prevent them, or saying if you load correctly and use a lubed wad between the powder and a tight fitting ball they won't happen..

The best explanation I've heard was that if you have a grain of powder on the rim of the cylinder that can get crushed down the side of the ball, and that makes a trail that the flash can travel down to the main charge.. The solution is to make sure that no powder is left around the cylinder, and the lubed wad makes sure all the powder is below the ball.

I haven't gotten a ML revolver yet, but it will be my next purchase... and I'll still be nervous of chain-fires.!!

ML revolvers had a problem with chainfire. Didn't they used to cap the cyls with wax or lard or something?
If you have the ability to change cylinders quickly, it could be fun.

You can use several products this is excellent helps with fouling also. I make my own with beef tallow and beeswax also.
I shot a substantial amount of B15841414187515079850790680215131.jpg P revolver monthly for years have never ever had a chain fire But ive witnessed a few, do proper and zero issues

I put 50 rounds through at about 15 yards tonight. Seems to be shooting consistently 6-8 inches low. Simple front blade sight. And notch rear. Should I file the front blade (obviously blend the original curve back in) and re finish the bare metal, or should I just leave well enough alone and shoot accordingly. I'm hesitant to start messing with a nice piece, but I also want to be able to shoot naturally, without using holdover, or kentucky windage. Not that I will be doing any competitive shooting or anything. But still.

100% yes "adjust" site to shoot point of aim, file it bend it as needed its how itbwas designed no worries. Enjoy

Back