• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MOSSBERG 500 FLEX

Jmm14534

20g
Premier Member
Love my flex! :)

It's light, shoulders well, smooth action, nice coloration, soft but pad, replaceable chokes and best of all it converts to a nice little home defender when I'm not at the sporting clay course. It came with very cool carry bag as well. Great package!!!!!!

It's no go to war gun but gives you allot for the money ($577 at Cabelas). Really 3 guns in 1 plus 3 extra chokes and carry case.

My first outing to the clays course was trouble free (50 or 60 shells) and I could make consistent hits.

Only upgrade I had to do was the Promag safety.
500 Flex.png

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I was inspired by Warhammer’s Shockwave “warhammer”. Problem was I didn’t have $500-$600 to shamelessly copy the concept. So I looked at my stock of mossy shotguns (5 and counting) and other shooting related bits and pieces I had kicking around to put together my own warhammer.

My main goal was to have a short length home defense weapon to use day or night. Capacity was secondary but I wanted more than 2 and less than 9 “in the gun”.

This is what I put together and the only purchased part was the 6 position adjustable pistol AR15 style stock. It was a little over $100 with shipping from Mossberg.

I had UTG 120 lumen light/laser unit that I took from a pistol and installed at 6 o’clock on the fore end. I can operate all the controls with my thumb.

Not entirely satisfied with the fore end and I need to decide on a sling (or not) but it came out very nice and it’s legal - I think

23B947DE-F105-4575-AB10-395DCA33469A.jpeg F10628DA-507F-42DA-B58F-6FFE24833FD9.jpeg 78E5E40A-F303-4439-AF57-332B4AE418BB.jpeg

I've thought about doing something similar with a shorter barrel home defense oriented barrel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
With the shorter barrel and 6 position adjustable stock it shortens the OL to a very manageable length. I needed this to accommodate the Positioning of the shot gun in it’s ready place in my home.
Nice set up and if I wanted to go back to the bird hunting configuration it only takes 5 minutes.

With the shorter barrel and 6 position adjustable stock it shortens the OL to a very manageable length. I needed this to accommodate the Positioning of the shot gun in it’s ready place in my home.
Nice set up and if I wanted to go back to the bird hunting configuration it only takes 5 minutes.
Just don't forget the round limiter stick.

Mark

Back