• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

You have a serious point Scoop. I might do the same.

What if I had an IQ of 160+ and wanted a jury of my peers?

CATCH-22!

To me, everything really would depend on the case and how my side saw the case.

But here any speculation is all moot for now, as all non-essential court cases are delayed until notice.
20 years ago, i did some tests and they all landed me around the 125-130 IQ mark. Today i feel like an old slow geezer with bad memory... lol

Half of all people are below average IQ.
But somehow it always seems like its 80 to 90% when there's a shortage of anything.
Knock off another 10 points if people have to wait over 5 mins for anyone.

Visited my local "tactical store" to see if they could get Safarilands triple mag pouch for me. Sure, no problem.. but... He explained to me that Safariland had moved its production ? ..and the wait time was 8-10 weeks !!!? maybe even more.. wtf :(

At least the weather is ok.. 4 C ( 39 F )

775magsangle_600.jpg

Good morning Mossberg owners. Our governor, Gavin Newsom, has basically closed every non-essential business in the entire state by gubernatorial decree.

They're having senior shopping hours at the local store so I'm going out anyway.

It's chilly this morning and there was actually a little ice on the boat. But it will warm up into the 70s today.

You folks stay healthy and warm.

Some success and some failure today.

Welding store was open & I got 2lbs welding rod.
Plenty of welding gas available.

Gas station OK. No gas shortage.
Walmart open, not busy.
I got 3 boxes of genuine Kleenex
2 rolls generic paper towels
Dish soap
No Cascade
No TP

Purchase limits on water, paper, cleaning products.

No worms, Bait store was closed til 10 AM ! OMG they open at 6.

Pet store closed til 10 AM.

Teacher's credit union card isn't working. 3 times it failed.
Maybe they're offline/hacked who knows.

Good morning you all, well actually afternoon.

The grocery stores, as well as the big box stores have "special" seniors only hours here too. 6-7 am. They won't be seeing me at that time.

Haven't been to a gun store and don't foresee that until things are back to normal. I think I am well stocked up.

You all take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Yeah they have senior hours here too, and if I hadn't taken advantage of them, I would have missed out on the kleenex and paper towels for sure. I went to the local gun store because it is also the bait store and I wanted worms but they were closed.

The governor has ordered all shooting ranges closed in California. All those loads and nowhere to shoot them.....

Harvey Weinstein got Corona.. Should we be happy or is he happy ?

Anyway.. im havin a coke..

Boooooring.. no sport on TV or radio.. No hockey playoffs.. Low on ammo.. gaah

Random message End

This is why I have an old boat and car. When I'm bored I can go sand and buff and polish.
It's my best bet at getting a good workout these days.
Today I'm rubbing out a new desktop to replace my wobbly old PC desk.

re: Harvey, be happy.

In my dreams, Harvey and Hillary both get the virus and wind up sharing a room with an Indian Curry overdose victim and a sweaty dyspeptic 300 lb transvestite with shingles, in some ghetto hospital.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy again, but about 50 degrees.

I will continue working around the house, lol. What else is one to do. I wish the weather would clear up so I could at least work in the yard. I think that will happen later this week.

Both of my sons are still working. My oldest works from home anyway, and the youngest works for a company that installs and services high end water softener systems. He says he carries disinfectant wipes with him and cleans his hands and tools often. They are more fortunate than a lot of folks.

You all have a great day.

Good morning everybody.

We got a good rain last night and we needed it. I think the potential for a drought year has been staved off.

The tabletop is not going to be perfect but this is going to be my computer workbench so not for fine dining.
20200322_223110.jpg
Nonetheless the top looks pretty good and I just wish that they had run it a little slower through the drum sander, because there was plenty of chatter and wave to sand out.

I blocked it out with 50 grit last night for about 2 hours and then put a thick coat of poly. This morning it has whiskers which I will block out with 150 and coat it again.

Finally I will block it with 220 grit at least twice, and two more coats of poly.

Anyhow I have to cut the legs and make the shelves and brackets to go along with this because my old computer Hutch is going to the garage.

From deep within the laboratory of PC's and fish water...

20200322_094752.jpg

Well that top was just too wavy and I blocked it out with 50 grit again then 100 than 150 then 220 and recoated it with polyurethane.

I have to keep myself busy so I don't think about how much money I'm losing in the stock market.

:clock:

I'm up....I have some things inside the house to fix today to get ready to paint the living room a new color. Small pockmark holes and one spot where the wife's corner of her recliner went through the wall. It's a small hole. So just a small patch. She must have been too close to the wall and did it, weird.
We have a new couch coming in too, but I just got word that it's been delayed a few weeks. I think they said it's being made in Ohio.
Don't use too much TP, and save your ammo for when you need it. These morons are getting stupid....
:cheers:

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Rip, that birch top came from Lowes. $109 +tax. 25x48x1.75" They carry 4 or 5 sizes. The 25x72 was $229+ and this is what supports my living room tank.
level.jpg

20190725_100745.jpg

I've bought 4 different ones now, to build aquarium stands, shelves, and this desk, and they are always wavy with chatter.

I had to block the new one back down with 50 grit. I had missed a big scratch and there was still chatter and a slight hump.
But she's plenty flat now, and has been taken back to 100, 150, 220, and rubbed out with Minwax polyurethane. Then scuffed last night and more poly. I'll scuff and rub it out with polyurethane at least 2 more times.

It's drying slowly because of the rains. In the summer heat it's dry in 20 mins. Now I let it dry 6-8 hours between coats.

The drought is certainly broken for this year! It rained hard last night and will rain on and off throughout the week.

Good news about the rifle club. Since the local LEO's train there, it has been re-opened at half capacity.

Alternate shooting benches will remain empty. Fire at will.
I'd like to go shoot, but it rained all night and it will be muddy going out to the targets past 100 yds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Hey Meanie, how's the lockdown going?

I have not left the property since Friday. It's been an endless round of woodwork, garage organizing, computer repair and internet nonsense. My desk is coming along OK but today I must go to Lowes for more wood.

Oh, and bad news...my tarp leaked, filling my boat with 1" of water. I cleaned it up a little and charged the batteries. It rained again last night, but I put a tent over the boat and It is still drying slowly. No damage but a bit of mold.

In spite of the horrible drop in the market, there is some good news here.
First, I overpaid my taxes, and Uncle Sam owes me money plus I have some cash for emergencies and special opportunities.

Well the opportunity to buy a car that I'd love to own came around, and the price has been reduced about $5k because the owner is anxious. I've actually posted a photo already. It's the baby blue '48 Plymouth coupe in my previous photos.
This car needs paint and cloth but the mechanicals are very nice...

360 Mopar with 3 Webers and 4 sp automatic. It's had a body off frame resto. Suspension mods.
Has 20k miles since rebuild. The owner drove it to Canada and back.
I couldn't buy the parts to do this to mine for the asking price. Forget labor!

IF the body is solid enough I will buy it, BUT the owner lives south of LA and I hate to go down there.

I told myself I would not die without enjoying the money I've made, so I'm going to buy this and drive it while I cut my other one up.

Eventually I may swap the complete chassis under my body, put all my old 1940's running gear in the blue one, and sell it off as an antique.

OK, time to go sneak out into the world at large. Lowes will be open, but I may have to hunt for worms. I think they closed the bait store, but pet stores are still open.

Back