• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning men. Been pretty wet last night. Few more inches of rain. My backyard is so soggy that when you step, water squishes out of the ground like you're walking on a sponge. We're waaay above normal for water. I hope that doesn't mean we're going to have a dry summer because I think a lot of people are planning to plant a garden this year to have some food to put back or even eat.

Grass needs mowing, but that's not gonna happen until I can drive the lawnmower through the yard without sinking up and using chains on it and towing it with the ATV winch.

I hope everyone is settled and doing well. Enjoy your down time if you can.

Cadd. If you're needing bait and can't find worms, go buy a pack of chicken livers and do some catfishing ;)

:mornin:
Mornin fellas.
I'll post up later. I gotta split out early. lots to do...no lockdown yet...

Good morning everyone. Beauty of a day this morning. 60 and sunny at 7am with a high in the low 90s this afternoon. Thunderstorms forecast for tonight, some could be severe. Springtime in Oklahoma, lol.

Cadd, we are doing good here. Plenty of supplies and things around the homestead to keep me occupied. I am running down to Lowes myself today for a couple of items. I was there one day last week and they were very conscious of keeping things sanitized.

John, we had all of that rain earlier this week. We are about 10 inches above normal for the year.

Rip, enjoy the freedom while it lasts.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning everyone. We have a temp of 71 and a high overcast this morning. The high later is forecast to be about 80. Looks like a nice day.

Cadd, sorry to hear the car didn't work out. Maybe another one will come along. Or, maybe you'll find an old classic motorcycle.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Cold and almost frosty but clear today and calm.

Meanie., I scraped up $15k but I was a day too late. He sold it for $14k.

There are lots of interesting cars for sale if you have some cash.

So I rock on in the westies.

I was going to buy a shed from Kloter Farms in February, I put it off, I was going to wait till spring. How big are you looking to make yours Cadd? I'm looking to do an 8' x 14'. Where the old shed is now, that's the largest I can go and still have room to move around the outside, and be within the limits to not have to get a permit to install it. (200sq ft)
I did order a couch from them though. That's been put on hold. So who knows when I'll get it.
Today I did some shopping for some needed things around the house. I have tp, but BJs didn't. I don't get their horde mentality. It's stupid.

The govna mandated that only gatherings of 5 people or less be instituted for us over here and told gun shop owners they can only open for customers by appointment. Also, the state judicial branch ordered three facilities closed indefinitely at the end of business Friday, including the Litchfield Judicial District courthouse in Torrington, the Geographical Area courthouse in Rockville. The Rockville one was the courthouse I was going to serve my jury duty at. So, there's that.

I'm not sure if we are going to get to be able to see our grandson this weekend. Not sure what his mom is thinking, so that's up in the air. We have plans to go fishing again. He wants to keep a couple of the bluegill and perch in my empty tank. I looked it up, it's feasible and legal. So I may clean it out and put some fish in it finally.
I ordered 2 new reels for us. Pflueger presidents. One for him, and one for me. I tried mine out yesterday in the yard. I absolutely love it. I hope he likes his. They actually match in color. So that is nice.

It's still soggy over here, not as much as your areas, @meanstreak and @John A. our little semi seasonal stream is running in full force though. The sound is great at night, and I can hear it! No planes flying overhead every 10 minutes....

enjoy the day!

Good morning all. Thunderstorms through as I type. 69 degrees and heading for the mid 70s.

Yesterday afternoon we had a line of severe storms just to the north of us, 10 miles or so that ended up producing very large hail as they moved northeast. I saw pictures of cars with windshields and back windows completely gone. The weather man showed pictures of hail 2 inches in diameter, hopefully no more of that today.

This virus outbreak has put the brakes on our daily lives. I know when it passes I will certainly have a new found appreciation of some very simple aspects of life going forward. If not for all of the negative news reporting and political finger pointing this could be an opportunity for the country to rally together and come out stronger on the other side.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

We were supposed to have some storms yesterday evening but didn't get any more (thankfully). I enjoyed sitting out under the car port with my family planning out the garden.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Cold and almost frosty again, but clear today and calm.

I'm just hanging in the garage, rubbing out another board. Feeding my fish. Feeding other fish to my fish.

Ripjack, you might need to feed live food to keep those species. My oscar has gotten so picky he will only eat live food.
He will spit out anything that doesn't wiggle. I don't know a lot about those fish. The guys at monsterfishkeepers.com will know those species, but they're not too different. I think about 3/4 of all bony fishes today are part of the perch family.

I might buy this car, but it's in so Carolina. $1500 just to ship it here. He's asking $12.5k but it's only up to $4k at auction. This car was built for someone who didn't use it. Under 400 miles since construction and looks like it too.

This is a super Beetle with a fiberglass body.
ss100rep.jpg

My first real job after paperboy was rebuilding these engines.
1500cc.jpg

Still over a week to auction, but it's possible it will close locally too.

I was going to buy a shed from Kloter Farms in February, I put it off, I was going to wait till spring. How big are you looking to make yours Cadd? I'm looking to do an 8' x 14'.

120 sq ft here is the max without permit. That's 10x12 or about 8x15. I want to design and build it myself, so the shelves and benches are part of the structure, eliminating girts. I'll store my bike there to open up the garage space if I buy the replica SS.

Good morning all.

Just a reminder that tomorrow, the 29th, is National Vietnam War Veterans Day. Please take a moment to remember these veterans and say thank you. They paid the price of freedom we now enjoy.

I've posted additional information above in the announcement section.

Regards

Was just watching "The Hot Rock" from 1972. Noted two things. First, shotguns were called "riot guns". I have nothing against it, it just made me smile :D Second, i think i counted three Swedish K's when they landed on the police station roof. Robert Redford definitely carried one :D. Anyway.. its a good movie.. 20 mins left

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068718/
hotrock1972.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Another beautiful morning is upon us.

Cadd, that replica would be a fun ride to zip around in. It's a good looker.

John, did you get more rain yesterday. It seems like it's every other day for us.

Rip, maybe there is a way to make the old shed bigger. I like the style of the one in the picture.

Ernst, thanks for the reminder. Salute to the vets.

Fellman, just last night I caught about the last hour of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kidd. Geez I saw it when it came out so many years ago.

You all have a great day.

Yeah, we got a decent storm that rolled in on us about 5AM that lasted about an hour. The rain gauge picked up about another 1-1/4", putting us at well more than 2 feet above normal. Lots of thunder and lightning in this one too. No hail or wind, so I'm grateful of that.

Glad I mowed my back yard the other day. I am still needing to mow my front yard because it's not been mowed yet and the grass is half up my knee in some spots where it stays damp and wet from the runoff, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to do it with as wet as it is. It won't do anything but dull the blade and clump up and cause a mess if I try it now.

Good morning guys.

I've been shopping on line for a few days now, looking for a new hobby car.
This one ended with no winner. He dropped the price 25% and relisted.
It's only $10k now.
bugnose.jpg
Replica of a prewar Bugatti with VW chassis. Not that authentic, but a totally raw car.
4 wheels and an engine in a light body. Probably only 1300lbs.
bugtail.jpg

Nothing at all wrong with wanting a cool car.

My neighbor had one like that back in the 90's. I always thought it looked awesome, until he started it and drove down the road and it was unmistakable that it was a volkswagon. The little pitter putter flutter engine sound was just unmistakable sounded like a dune buggy.

It feels odd posting in a good morning thread where good morning is good day for me ;) At least 6+ hrs

Anyway... spring is here. Around mid day i can be 8 C ( 46 F ) and the snow is soon gone.

Corona virus cases in Sweden have risen to 3700 and 110 dead ( 2:30 PM )

I just found out that Count Basie and his band played in a dance hall in my city on the 24th of August in 1963. Even though it was bad weather, 2000 people came and saw him play. It was first ment to be a concert outside but the bad weather forced Basie and his band to move indoors, hence them playing in the dance hall. 2000 people in there was the maximum. Here are the images

cb1.jpg
cb2.jpg
cb3.jpg
cb5.jpg
cb6.jpg

Have a fantastic day

Last edited:
Nothing at all wrong with wanting a cool car.

My neighbor had one like that back in the 90's. I always thought it looked awesome, until he started it and drove down the road and it was unmistakable that it was a volkswagon. The little pitter putter flutter engine sound was just unmistakable sounded like a dune buggy.

When I was a Cub Scout my dad and I made a pinewood derby car that looked like that Bugatti with a boat tail. I've always kinda wanted a boat tail car, but who can afford a real Bugatti?

Back