• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hunting 2020

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
OK here goes the official 2020 hunting thread!!

COVID or not Turkey season is upon us!!!

My season starts on Saturday.

Got the new 935 out today for some last minute patterning.

Patterning_935_LBXL_indianCreek.jpg

Here is my 40 yard pattern using 3.5" Longbeard XL and Indian Creek choke. It patterned a little better then the factory choke.

Turkeys beware!!

This is my first time shooting the 935. I have to say it definitely tames the 3.5" magnums. My 835 is physically painful to shoot. Patterning today didn't feel any worse then some heavy 2.75" loads, maybe a slug.

I've gone through a lot of turkey guns in my life but this may be the last one I buy unless I opt to try one of the new .410 models.

Two of my buddies kids put the smack down during the youth seasons with one.

Hopefully I will be posting soon with a nice Tom.

Good luck to everyone who is making oit out this year!!

Got him with a Mossberg 935, Indian Creek choke tube and 3.5"Longbeard XR #5's.

Saw several this morning but this one was dumb enough to give me a shot.

This thread is light on pics of this magnificent 935 of which you speak and anywhere else that I can find.........jus sayin'

Nicely done sir. How big was he? Beard length? Moar pix man!!

Sounds like someone is jelly!!
Well you would be correct on that! I had to shave back to a goatee about a month ago in order to get seal on my mask.

My wife says I'm suffering separation anxiety.....

My hunting season starts in a few days....Oh, I'm gettin antsy. I haven't been turkey hunting since the spring of 2014?

Nicely done Mike! I am prepping to get out and use my 930 on some turkeys this weekend. Our season starts on Friday.

I hope everyone has a s good a season as I have had so far.
I got my best bird ever on April 24th. 26 lbs, 11" beard, 1 1/4" spurs.
My 2020 turkey.jpg
My Dad got his on the April 27th. 20 lbs, 10 1/4" beard and 1 1/16" spurs.
Dad's 2020 turkey.jpg

How did everyones 2020 season end?

I never tagged a deer here in MI but I did get a nice 9 point in KY.

Just glad 2020 is finally over.

Zippo...nada...zero...this season was a total bust. Makes 2 years in a row.

Last year was the water damage disaster in my house that spoiled my whole fall/winter season and Covid robbed me of nearly all my hunting opportunities this year. I only managed two very short hunts this year from spring right til now...not enough time spent in the field and no luck to boot!!

Congrats on the KY 9 point...any pics @MikeD ?

Legs still not functioning right and no remedy in sight. Not even able to go for walks to strengthen them now that winter has roared in. I fell on our sidewalk first day we had snow (3 days ago?) and ice and can hardly walk. I am hoping 2021 is better.

Back