• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Truck bed fishing rod ideas....

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
For the peeps who fish here, how do you secure your fishing rods in the bed of your truck?
I'm looking for ideas that wont take up much room and I'm tired of just tossing em in the bed to rattle around.

For the peeps who fish here, how do you secure your fishing rods in the bed of your truck?
I'm looking for ideas that wont take up much room and I'm tired of just tossing em in the bed to rattle around.

I don't have a pickup, but I had 3 of them. It never made a difference, car or pickup, my rods are broken down and cleaned, handles especially. Reels wiped and oiled after every trip out. Insides cleaned out and greased 2 x ever year, depending how much use they get. Then placed on an upright gun rack. To and from the fishin hole they go into rod/reel bags like this: I have one of each size.
upload_2020-5-11_13-44-19.png

I have a lid covering the bed of both my trucks, but if I didn't, I would invest in something like this product... The price is reasonable and you don't haveto disassemble the rods.
tacoma_5_holder_2__28725.1549990462.JPG

https://www.storeyourboard.com/inshore-truck-bed-fishing-rod-rack-pressure-mount-holds-up-to-5-rods/

. . . my rods are broken down and cleaned, handles especially. Reels wiped and oiled after every trip out. Insides cleaned out and greased 2 x ever year, depending how much use they get. Then placed on an upright gun rack. To and from the fishin hole they go into rod/reel bags like this: I have one of each size....

I am definitely like this with Firearms because they can’t kill you. They do get some pretty lavish care every time I take them out.

Fishing poles, on the other hand are not as revered, and don’t get nearly the honor.

If I had to feed myself by hunting and fishing I would leave the fishing poles at home and take a shotgun. I might take a scoped rifle if I wanted to walk for a long ways dragging a big animal.

But geese fly over my house almost every day. I could literally drop them in my yard, they fly so low.

I am definitely like this with Firearms because they can’t kill you. They do get some pretty lavish care every time I take them out.

Fishing poles, on the other hand are not as revered, and don’t get nearly the honor.

If I had to feed myself by hunting and fishing I would leave the fishing poles at home and take a shotgun. I might take a scoped rifle if I wanted to walk for a long ways dragging a big animal.

But geese fly over my house almost every day. I could literally drop them in my yard, they fly so low.
Get me a couple nice fat ones and I will send the money for you to send them to me ready to cook. :quote:

I’m sorry Hombre, but it’s totally illegal to shoot geese from my backyard.

Unless TSHTF, and then of course things like poaching won’t matter.

Back