• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590A1 Out of Stock

I ordered an 18.5" with ghost rings about a month ago for my son's 16th b-day. We still have a few weeks but, judging by what I've seen locally and online, I'm not very optimistic even tho the dealer I ordered from said I'm the only one on his wholesaler's waiting list. Thankfully, he's not gouging me on the price either. It is encouraging that Mossy says they are steady cranking them out tho.
Like someone else here said, the wait has given us time to get some stuff together for it so he'll not only get the gun, he gets to slap on his favorite mods right away.

Yes, that's my take on it. I was looking into front sling mounts then noticed the 590A1 appears to come with a QD sling attachment on the front, so I just need the rear sling mount gizmos from Magpul for the stock.

Still weighing my options for a light and mount. Putting on on the MOE forend seems like a good move, thinking of one of these on a magpul cantilever mount:

https://www.amazon.com/INFORCE-Weaponlight-Black-Finish-Primary/dp/B01LZ7D367

And....nope. Just heard back from Impact Arms. Seems their "back in stock" alert was bogus. They took my order and now, a day later, they tell me, "Oh, sorry...we don't have it afterall." Sleezy business practice. I cancelled the order, needless to say.
I got the same run-around from them several years ago. Haven't been back since.
Yes, that's my take on it. I was looking into front sling mounts then noticed the 590A1 appears to come with a QD sling attachment on the front, so I just need the rear sling mount gizmos from Magpul for the stock.

Still weighing my options for a light and mount. Putting on on the MOE forend seems like a good move, thinking of one of these on a magpul cantilever mount:

https://www.amazon.com/INFORCE-Weaponlight-Black-Finish-Primary/dp/B01LZ7D367
Still on the fence about the light. We will be ordering a police turn-in SBS as soon as they're in stock that will be a backup/spare HD gun so it will have a light. The one for my boy is going to be mostly a fun gun and for shotgun classes. We have a Hogue shorty stock that I attatched a QD mount to and have a front QD coming. I'm going to leave the rest up to him.
Oh, the Magpul stock has a QD in the side. I tried to talk my son into getting one to save me a little hassle installing one in the hogue (I had one pull out once) but he wasn't having it. He likes the Hogue.
I over-engeneered the QD I put in his Hogue but I don't think he will be as hard on his as I was on mine.

Last edited:
The magpul stock has a socket in it, for a QD mount, but it does not come with the hardware required to use it as such. (Yes, it is stupid). You have buy the parts.

The magpul stock has a socket in it, for a QD mount, but it does not come with the hardware required to use it as such. (Yes, it is stupid). You have buy the parts.
When I got mine, it had the inserts in it (I bought it used), I assumed they came with them... yeah, pretty dumb. For what they cost you'd think they could toss a couple inserts in the bag.
:idk:

"I bought it used" ... obviously the previous owner had purchased the parts needed to use the socket.

And yes, it's stupid they don't come standard with the part. It's what, $8? I picked mine up on Amazon for that, free shipping.

But, hey, First World problems. But it is idiotic that they make the SGA stock with a socket and it is not shipped able to take a QD sling swivel. :)

:oops2:

Just a little update...
I'm still waiting for my shotgun.
Anybody order one in the last 3 months a receive it?
I'm not asking the folks who bought off of gunbroker for 50-100% over msrp, just folks who ordered through regular channels (lgs, online retailer, etc).

I found mine pre-riots by using Google to search on the Mossberg stock number and/or UPC code. I found a place in Las Vegas and contacted the gunstore and asked if he would sell and ship, and he did. I paid about $100 more than I would have "normally" ... Mossberg is making them as fast as they can but the minute they hit gun stores they are gone.

Just the way it is right now.

I do the same. Every few days I search 50765 and... zip. Every now and then one pops up on GB but they sell for (at least) $200 more than I paid for mine. And, 20" models go for even more.

I just purchased a Mossberg 590A1 #51670 that was on consignment for just over a day so I grabbed it for $729. It's NIB and was being sold for an aging collector thinning out his collection. It should be delivered by the end of this week and I will sell the collapsible stock & forend to help reduce the cost of my below listed upgrades I already ordered.

Magpul SGA Stock & M-Lok Forend Kit (FDE since it has shortest delivery time)
Magpul Type 1 & 2 Sling Mont Kits
Limbsaver Recoil Pad 10101 (Already have an extra SGA Remington 870 Pad Adaptor)
Magpul Forward Sling Mount MAG493
Vang Comp Side Saddle With 2 Carriers
Vang Comp Magazine Follower
Brownells Enhanced Safety Button (replacing one-way screw with Allen Head)
Wolff Extra Power Magazine Spring
Magpul 5-slot M-Lok Rail Section (to mount the Inforce WML)
Iforce WMLx Gen 2 Weapon Light, 800 Lumens, FDE WX-06-1

Future work after I get the shotgun in my possession:
Sending the barrel off for the Vang Comp Barrel System With Porting (My 870's have it so getting this one done too)

Back