• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 trigger delay

frank mancini

Copper BB
Greetings all,

I’ve got an issue with my Mossberg 500 - after disassembling it a few weeks back to install a new grip and foreend, there’s a delay every-time I pull the trigger. Sometimes one second, sometimes two seconds.

Anyone have an idea of what’s going on?

God bless,

Frank

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Frank,
Total guess without seeing it, but is it possible the bolt holding the new grip to the receiver is a bit too long and the hammer is dragging against the tip of it?

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. I loosened the bolt and that did the trick, only issue now is that the grip isn’t on tight. I’m going to try and get a shorter bolt from the hardware store and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks again.

You might be able to get away with just adding a flat washer under the head of the bolt. The bolt thread is 5/16-18, which gives each turn of the bolt a 0.055” advancement. A 1/16” thick flat washer would do the trick if you only had to loosen the bolt one turn or less to get everything to work just peachy.

You might be able to get away with just adding a flat washer under the head of the bolt. The bolt thread is 5/16-18, which gives each turn of the bolt a 0.055” advancement. A 1/16” thick flat washer would do the trick if you only had to loosen the bolt one turn or less to get everything to work just peachy.

That’s a brilliant solution. Thanks again.

Back