• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Well GOOD MORNING to all you you! It's early afternoon now, but great day here! Wife and I went to church in person this a.m. for the first time in a long time. I finally got the online reservation process done in time this week. Got home, started the charcoal snake in the Weber and have a rack of baby back ribs on there right now. It's drizzly, but I don't care. Great day.

And I got some cocktail onions for my pre-dinner martini, too. :yum: Olives are fine, too, but Tipsy Onions are a treat. I'm watching the clock trying to get to 4:30 before pouring the gin.

It has to be 430 somewhere.

Screw it. It's 3:30, that's good enough. Gonna check out the ribs, and then ...

giphy.gif

I would normally go for a vodka martini with onion stuffed olives.
But I've been too wiped out to want to drink.

I still haven't finished up my computer hutch, and it's taking too long.
The hot weather is making my varnish dry too fast.

I put in some more epoxy dowels and my 1-hr epoxy went about 30 minutes before setting.
By the time I got that bit together it was too hot to go on.
I've been inside messing with the aquariums. The fish room/office is typically at 80F, while outside it's over 110F.
It's about 130 inside my shed. I won't go back out there until 6 AM.

Epoxy at 7, Varnish at 8. ;)

Good morning everyone. I hope your weekend was all you hoped for. We had rain, lots of rain, Friday morning. We were at the lake and had 6 inches of rain in four hours. I don't think that much fell at home.

The temps have been mostly high 80s to low 90s with a lot of humidity. More of the same this week.

Have a great day and keep your eyes open.

That’s pretty incredible @meanstreak . . . As our dry sunshine continues on and on. . . .
4DDDE1B2-39BB-46D6-BFA8-225A513FDE1C.jpeg

I hear that Death Valley got to 130F, maybe a record.

I got my hutch all glued up and it’s clamped together waiting for tomorrow. I disassembled and reassembled quite a number of times to get everything to fit well and in the end I still did not have big enough clamps.

I ended up having to fake it with a bunch of junk. This was yesterday set up. I did the shelves one day at a time because I used a very slow glue. Even so in temperatures this hot my pot life was only half of what it should have been.
66193FF3-992A-4466-A323-19B70A5D101E.jpeg

Today I got out there and glued in the last shelf but it won’t be cured for another 16 hours. Then I can bring it in, hang the monitors, and do the touch up.

Good morning all. A beauty of a morning in Tulsa. Mid 60s, calm air, and clear skies.

Cadd, I saw on the Internet, MSN I think, that Death Valley had reached 130. Some scientist think it might be a record because they don't think the instruments were as accurate 75,80, or a 100 years ago.

My first thought was, maybe the temperature was actually warmer back then. In other words, they want to assume it's warmer now so they'll just claim the instruments of long ago were in error to the high side. If there were errors they have no idea which direction the error was.

Anyways, let's hope we all have a great day.

Hey guys, the hutch is finally installed. I don't have all the wiring tidy yet, so no photos.
But my setup is coming together. Also, I only hung one of the monitors. I got it at the perfect height and it swivels and telescopes a bit.

I still have to make a bracket for the 2nd screen. these are heavy duty HP professional monitors and they weigh a ton.
The picture is lovely, as it should be for a HP pro series.

I'm not too happy with the design of my first bracket. It's chunky and not smooth, though it is plenty secure.
The idea is to have both monitors hung without visible brackets, and without sitting on the desktop.
I can lay a 24x26 drawing flat on the desk below them.
I also want a keyboard drawer, but that's another day...

Good morning to all of yous. Clear, dry, and 66 this morning. As some would say, a chamber of commerce day.

I have a toilet tank valve to replace today. That will take about 20 minutes or so. A trip for some groceries after that and then a little yard work. And of course tend to the puppy. He turned 8 months old yesterday. We went to Lowes to get the toilet tank valve. He needs some work, lots of distractions.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I woke up to a different world today. It's because the hutch is finally in place and my PC station is almost back to normal.
I'm not stressing about getting up at 5am & sanding varnish every morning before it gets too hot. (It was 110 in the boatyard at 2pm yesterday.)

The real stress isn't the work ongoing though. It's the delay of future work already mentally re-scheduled multiple times.

But today I will put my feet up and loaf for a while, before I go out to wash the truck. That's something I've delayed for 6 weeks at least. ;)

The biggest delay was over fishing. Between the very hot weather and list of things to do, there has been zero fishing since I bought a license 8 mos ago.

I'm going to go do some night fishing too, but my boat lights are laying in a drawer, where they've been since 2005. It's time to change that situation.

That photo I posted looks awful on the big monitor. I'll have to take one that's got more than 12 pixels.

Ya'll have a great day, and I wish you all a reduction in stress level.

Good morning all. Clear and 65 this morning. It looks like another beauty of a day.I have a doctor appointment this morning, then we are heading to the lake for a couple of days.

Have a great day and be safe.

Nice day starting. 57 here in Eastern Iowa. Windows open and fresh air breezin in. PLANNING to shoot some steel today before grocery shopping. I will see if i can hit them. I have a 3" and a 5". Both 3/8 armor. 357/38 and muzzle loader only. If I can hit em, i will post some pics.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It looks like California is having almost 400 fires up around the bay area, reportedly due to lightning strikes.

The smoke has been blowing over to San Joaquin Valley and dimming the sun quite a bit, which is quite welcome to us in the heat of August, but a real disaster for the hundreds of people whose houses have burned down, & the thousands of animals whose forest has burned down.

I have traveled through that area many times and it was always quite beautiful, but it will be a scorch spot visible from outer space before this is over.

Today I am going to rearrange my awning because if it starts to rain the water will go exactly where I do not want it. But I am afraid that if I do that, Lucifer and his minions will decide that California doesn’t deserve the rain it needs.
Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Anyhow all you folks have a good day and Please practice fire safety.

Nice morning, about 77*, a bit cloudy. I installed the OR3GUN CSP and ASR in my stock 930 yesterday and plan on trying it out at -5% spring rate reduction with some Estate and Winchester 7 1/2 and 8 target loads after my coffee. Fun day ahead!

Red sky at morning . . . sailor take warning!
6B7F315E-38AA-4755-8BB3-3973FF79CAA2.jpeg

I wish I could tell you that the skies indicated an approaching rain storm of epic proportion, that will put out the 400 forest fires burning in California right now.

Unfortunately Our rain all comes from the other direction which is the Pacific Ocean, and that red sky?…it’s all due to smoke in the atmosphere.

We are all breathing whatever manages to get to our layer and it is considerably smoky right now.

Mask wearing is advised.

I was trying to get a photograph that shows the degree of smoke in the atmosphere but it’s not possible & really just makes the photograph look out of focus.
Anyhow good morning Mossberg Owners.

I spent yesterday climbing up and down ladders, Rearranging my tarps in a manner that protects me better from sunlight but will not do enough for rain.

Who am I kidding? I washed my truck really well hoping that it would cause rain but today it’s just covered with a dusting of wood ash.

As I have often mentioned I live very close to the local fire house and I can tell you that our firemen have been busy putting out local small fires. August is always an extremely dry month here and this is a pretty dry one.

Good morning to each and everyone of yous. Another exceptional morning in Oklahoma. Clear, calm, mid 60s.

Cadd, the smoke from your fires have reached western Iowa. I hope you get rain soon.

You all have a great day.

Back