• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Behind the door guns ??

unfortunately this true in alot of areas......................but they try that crap up here the out come will be alot different. For one our police WILL NOT put up with that crap

Sorta same here, we have no police. We have a county Sheriff who may be 5 minutes or 45 minutes away depending. Our little "town" of 300 "self regulates" real well. Theres lots of woods and wood chippers. We anticipate full participation of community in repelling boarders.FB_IMG_1592378184984.jpg

I grew up with a JC Higgins 12ga in parents bedroom closet .Dad told me not to touch it and I didn't , I knew what it did to rabbits. Not behind a door but my Mossberg is ready
View attachment 23794
Nice! Heard more gun fire this weekend. Automatic fire this go round. I gotta get my daughter and I out of here a.s.a.p. Officers found shell casings, but can't get these thugs out of our neighborhood.

My wife has a S/W Shield in 9 mm that she has taken to carrying and I’ve got it on my honey do list to buy, build or make a place for her to keep it when she comes up to visit. (She has her own house where she lives with her daughters family, about 100 miles south of here..) so that will give me something to do in my spare time..lol

I probably shouldn't resurrect and old thread but.....the content gave me an idea.

Not that we need yet another thread on the subject, but what with the changes in the US since this topic started, we could have a whole new round of ideas with the topic "staging weapons in the home for defense". Not just shotguns, but rifles, pistols, knives, tazers, bear spray, cauldrons of hot oil above the door, and so forth. A friend lives out on a farm with his wife and he told me that they keep a firearm of one kind or another in every room. Based on actual experience. ;) His personal take was that a gun in the bedroom is not very effective if he can't get to it in time. [He's old like me :) ]

I used to have a nice block of wood holding an assortment of very sharp kitchen knives out on the counter. Not any longer. It's in a cabinet out of sight.

I'm surprised that the YouTuber's have not been all over this. Probably because it would invite immediate attention from government. We can't have folks getting better at defending their homes and families.

Take care and be well.

I probably shouldn't resurrect and old thread but.....the content gave me an idea.

Not that we need yet another thread on the subject, but what with the changes in the US since this topic started, we could have a whole new round of ideas with the topic "staging weapons in the home for defense". Not just shotguns, but rifles, pistols, knives, tazers, bear spray, cauldrons of hot oil above the door, and so forth. A friend lives out on a farm with his wife and he told me that they keep a firearm of one kind or another in every room. Based on actual experience. ;) His personal take was that a gun in the bedroom is not very effective if he can't get to it in time. [He's old like me :) ]

I used to have a nice block of wood holding an assortment of very sharp kitchen knives out on the counter. Not any longer. It's in a cabinet out of sight.

I'm surprised that the YouTuber's have not been all over this. Probably because it would invite immediate attention from government. We can't have folks getting better at defending their homes and families.

Take care and be well.
Home defense is never a subject far from the forefront of our daily lives. While I live alone most of the time, the idea of having weapons in every room doesn’t really appeal to me. I believe most people, or at least most homeowners who have concerns would be better served with basic hardening of their home. Motion sensors, security lighting, cameras, gates, fences, strategic landscaping etc wouldn’t draw any attention from anyone while giving the occupants much more time to locate a smaller selection of weapons. Of course everything is a weapon in the right hands and how many houses have a random hammer or baseball bat laying about..lolIMG_3308.png

Interesting discussion and one that has taken some new vigor since October 7.
Since October 7 I have revamped my strategy on home defense weapons.
It used to be a 38 special in my home office. Now it’s a G19 with a WML in the 2nd floor bedroom and a Mossy 500 on the ground floor. The 38 is still in place as well.

Back