• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning to all of yous. Clear skies and 77, headed for mid 90s.

Nice sights JC.

Got em covered Ernst.

Hope you all have a great day.

Well, it's still morning! :D

I love this sight. Won't disturb it for another 4-6 hours still, when it will be fully cured, but I really like this. Red dots on shotguns are (IMO, sorry) just silly, and while I wouldn't mind the XS Ghost rings, I MUCH prefer this Big Dot.

BigDot_cr.jpg

Morning all. High 90's earlier in the week. Lower 90's the rest of the week, and 94 now.

Monday I sat in the 96 deg. sun guarding my smoker and pork loin from neighborhood vultures. Got a light burn on my knees and back of my neck. 3 hours of that was enough.

I bought a new highly polished all stainless steel smoker back in about '07-08 but could never use it because it is electric. I lived in an apartment that paid the utilities. So it sat in its carry bag unused until Monday. It is a Cameron's Smoke n Fold, electric smoker. I had no idea what this smoking meats was all about so I got what seemed to be the most sensible. I sure missed the mark there.

I am in another apartment now but still cant plug it in. I looked on Amazon for alternatives and conversions and came up with several ideas, and the cheapest and most sensible was a $16.00 smoke tube. No electricity needed, and no charcoal. Unless I want to use charcoal, but that idea came later.

I put the meat in a rub for 6 days and then rinsed it and soaked it for a half day, then dried it in the fridge. The end result was more than I could have hoped for. Delicious. Canadian Bacon made at home using High Mountain Buckboard Bacon rub. Here are some shots of the session. My first ever home cured, home smoked and oven finished pork loin.

Camerons Smoke n Fold Electric Smoker.jpg First time smoking.jpg Z Smoker.jpg Smoked Pork loin.jpg

That looks pretty tasty there hombre.

I do a couple of marinated pork loins every month. I don’t fire up the weber smoky mountain for those however. I just do them on the propane grill with some applewood chips on the side and stick them on the higher rack over a gravy pan.

Cadd, the smoke from your fires have reached western Iowa. I hope you get rain soon....

No rain here but we did get a reprieve when the winds shifted and there was a heavy morning mist on Monday.

Many people in the bay area were ordered to evacuate but because of the shift in winds I think the majority of them were saved from having to flee over three counties and possibly six.

I’m sitting out on my boat yard by the shed looking at a bunch of belts and pulleys and an old electric motor from the 1950s model exercycle. I scrapped that thing out years ago and kept the motor because it is heavy duty.

That thing had thicker handlebars than a Harley Davidson. In fact the entire framework of it was quite a heavy welded steel construction.

Anyhow I was going to put together a big buffer and sander.

I have most of the stuff I need to do it but I’m lacking some good pillow blocks. That means a trip to the hardware store tomorrow.

I haven’t gone anywhere for days. I’ve just been hanging out in the boat yard, the shed and the house, taking care of various and sundry things.

That looks pretty tasty there hombre.

I do a couple of marinated pork loins every month. I don’t fire up the weber smoky mountain for those however. I just do them on the propane grill with some applewood chips on the side and stick them on the higher rack over a gravy pan.

I've never done this type of cooking so it is all new to me. It was delicious. And easier than i anticipated so I will do more. I want to do a whole fresh ham. We shall see.

Good morning MOers. 72 and calm this morning with clouds moving in from the south. Hurricane Laura is moving north through Louisiana and the we see are a result of that movement. Our local forecast calls for a chance of isolated to scattered thunderstorms today and tomorrow as a result of the gulf moisture moving up with the storm.

In 1969 I was stationed at Keesler, AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi when Camille blew in as a strong Category 5 storm. The eye of the storm was centered about 10 miles west of us when it made landfall. I never want to go through anything like that again. I am hoping for the best for the folks in that region.

I know the area Hombre is in had a weather catastrophe as bad, maybe even worse two weeks ago. A line of fast moving severe thunderstorms tore a swath through part of Nebraska, all the way across Iowa and Illinois before finally running out of steam. The path of destruction was over 700 miles long and 30 to 50 miles wide. The latest figures I heard were 60,000 homes damaged or destroyed, 13,000,000 acres of crops destroyed. I think at one time there were 600,000 people without power, and some areas have not had power restored yet. This all took place on August 10th , and for whatever reason had very little news coverage.

Anyways, 2020 is leaving a lot to be desired. Lots of folks suffering through no fault of their own. Those of us that have not been negatively impacted should be thankful, and be as prepared as possible in case we are next.

Take care and be safe.

Good morning all. 72 and clear skies with just an ever so slight breeze. Later today we are supposed to be mid 90s and humidity.

We drove up to the lake yesterday. My oldest son and his family are driving down from Omaha tomorrow. They'll spend a couple of days then head home.

I hope you all have a great day.

It sounds like the weather didn’t hit Oklahoma too bad there @meanstreak.

Here it is slightly cooler with less smoke.
Well we have all seen a week of speech making. A whole lot of words that are going to change very little in the end.

IMO The bottom line is that this election is all going to depend on how many dead radical Democrats there are between now and November 3. (And not just on the postal rolls or the voter rolls but on the ground.)

Or November 30, depending on how things work out with the postal workers union.

I have a feeling that they will purposely drag things out as long as possible to avoid the inevitable truth.

Finally, it's Saturday. This is the day I lay back and rest from...wait...I'm retired. I do this every day. My memory seems to be slipping. Looks like a nice day. Supposed to be in the 70s down to the 50s tonight. I may go to the range, or may go fishing. Depends on how my hip and back feel. I hope you all have a good day. Enjoy.
h

Good morning hombre good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yes it’s Saturday but I’m just doing the same thing I did yesterday which I was cleaning up the boat yard and throwing out things that I don’t like anymore.

I was pretty amazed to see the abuse suffered by people leaving the White House after the presidential speech.

i’m not sure if the mayor of DC allowed this on purpose because she hates the president, or if she is just some low IQ individual and too ignorant to understand what comes next.

Anyhow She will get to watch the news and be triggered when armed militiamen refuse to permit this in the future.

I want to see her mistaken for a wealthy Republican by the angry Democrat mob, called a bunch of names, see her car smashed up, her drug out, abused, and her clothes ripped by a mob.

And THEN watch her be saved by her enemies. Law enforcement, boogaloo bro’s, or a modern Rambo....it doesn’t matter.

I just want her to know what it’s like to be the victim of terror for a little bit before she gets her life back.

Also I’m glad that senator Paul wasn’t murdered by the mob. He is going to understand his convictions a little clearer now I hope.

As for the California politicians they have elected a lying weasel as our governor and he has that Joe Biden lie-through-your-smiling-teeth gig down pat.

The truth is that Gavin Newsom was elected by big money oil corporations that saw him as the lesser of evils. He was going to put up more than ridiculous damn windmills but at the same time he was not going to close down the oil fields. He gave the electric car gurus fits. But he didn’t slap confiscatory taxes on gasoline yet.

He is going to support the green new deal people on TV but in reality that is not his motivation.

So basically we have a world-class waffler as our governor. Nowadays, people are used to seeing things change so quickly that they really don’t notice when he flips positions and then flips back.

Anyhow you folks have a good day and don’t flip out. :)

Saturday and Sunday have been good. The oldest son and family arrived about noon Saturday. We have had a nice visit and they spent 4 hours on a wave runner jumping waves today. More fun on the way tomorrow.

Glad that everyone here is doing well.

Things here have been going OK. Just the routine kung flu BS.

School started back today. After the start date has already been pushed back twice by the elected governor.

We're home schooling this year. We've been wanting to do that a while now and this seemed like the perfect time for it, so I know that he's getting the best education possible.

Plus, he has well armed and motivated guards at this school so I also know at the end of the day he's going to be safe.

God bless America.

Back