• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Assembling receiver parts of Mossberg shotguns

I'll preface this with "I am not a dumbazz". I took my Mossberg Shockwave apart to clean and lube it completely my way and to learn how to re-assemble it. Taking it apart is easy. Re-assembly, WITH instructions, was a nightmare. I feel like I need three hands, one of them tiny to re-assemble the thing. I finally got a friend to do it while I went to work one day. Are there any tricks or something not in the instructions that I haven't figured out? I know there has to be some tricks or a certain way to how you hold your mouth but heck if I could figure it out. I've taken V8's apart and put them back together, but a Mossberg shotgun....nope. Help!

Performed a detail strip on my new to me 590 Shockwave last night. First Mossberg too. I can strip an 870 in the dark if I had too. The Shockwave assembly took forever . Found a few good videos and finally figured out how to install the bolt. Man that's frustrating until you learn how to.

Mossberg newbie here too.

Back