• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Cadmann, here is one for you:.....
We have had such little wind that firefighters cannot see the flames from the air because of the smoke.

They were expecting that to change tonight with a rise in the winds, and that will possibly help them to douse some of the flames.

It’s 7 PM and it’s getting dim and the wind has not come up. Instead the smoke is coming down farther into the valley because it’s cooling.

Normally wouldn’t do that but the ground has been cooling for several days due to the overcast where normally it would be quite hot.

Today they said that the creek fire is only 8% contained.

Mr. Trump said that we were going to plant 1 trillion trees. He said that after the last fire season which was so devastating. I don’t know if any trees have been planted yet.

But I know a whole lot of out of work protesters who were looking for green jobs. If we can teach them not to kill each other with a trowel I think we might be able to repopulate the forest during the next Trump administration.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today I went out and started sweeping up the ash and I noticed that the smoke has lifted quite a bit. We’ve had several damp mornings which helped but we are still seeing no rain.

Today I’m out working on my workbench which needs some reinforcement. I had this old 12 foot beam which I oiled up and started cutting to length. It was pretty weathered but it’s a hell of a lot stronger than the current rails.

2BCF53E6-0F61-4B94-AA5B-13AE75137337.jpeg

This is just a primitive workbench. I used all mill surfaced lumber but my woodworking skills are primitive. Also there was some real twist in that beam until I cut it into about six pieces and it’s still going to need some serious surfacing.

Anyhow I’ve got several hours of work ahead of me so you all have a good day.

Why does this scene give me a mental hard-on ?
Because im a freak or ist it the Mossberg ( and all other guns ) ? :D
IMHO one of the best shootouts in movie history
Want a orgasm ? - watch this scene with a surround stystem and high volume

Last edited:

I can’t believe this, but it is actually raining lightly this morning in the valley; and hopefully it’s raining more heavily on the mountain where the fire is.
Of course I left some things sitting out and I have to go and pick them up now so they don’t get damaged.

If this had come a week ago hundreds of houses might have been saved but as it is a good portion of the sierra Nevada will be saved by this.

Anyhow I thank God because it could not have been more needed.

I can’t believe this, but it is actually raining lightly this morning in the valley; and hopefully it’s raining more heavily on the mountain where the fire is.
Of course I left some things sitting out and I have to go and pick them up now so they don’t get damaged.

If this had come a week ago hundreds of houses might have been saved but as it is a good portion of the sierra Nevada will be saved by this.

Anyhow I thank God because it could not have been more needed.

Good news Cadd.

Good Morning?

Justice Ginsburg dies with less than 50 days before Presidential election? Who is writing this damned script?
This is truly scary. More fuel for out-of-control rioting.
Please convince me I'm wrong.

If Trump tries to replace her Before the election, people will scream bloody murder; and if he doesn’t try to replace her they will scream just as loudly.

But I think it’s mostly going to be a lot of empty noise.

I listened to the talking heads, blah, blah, blah. They all compared this to Scalia passing 4 years ago. One difference which I think is important, is that Obama was in the final year as a lame duck, but Trump is not.

Also, I think I know exactly what the democrats would do were the roles reversed. I also know I would not like it, but I would not take to the streets in a fit of anger.

I for one am weary of all of these whiny little bitches that think they can riot and loot and destroy other people's property every time they get their knickers twisted.

I’ve been working on my bench but took off yesterday to go hardware/grocery/bait shopping.
Today I am making some gussets for the back.

Here I’m punching holes for the screws in in the 18ga sheet-metal.
52069B7D-F1F1-41F2-92F3-ED1BA62B9358.jpeg
I flanged the free edge into a triangular tube, so it should be pretty stiff. Later on I might put a couple tack welds on it for extra beef.

By the way, if anyone has not listen to Rudy Giuliani’s common sense on YouTube, there are two episodes about the McCloskey’s and the problem with rioters and which is revealed what was not discussed on the network TV.

Well my workbench is done and I am rewiring my DIY wood lathe. It’s got about 12 feet of cord on it that it doesn’t need.

I’m building a little service cart. Just something for working on the Volkswagen which is small enough to roll around in my garage when two cars are in there.

I was going to buy some $59 special at Harbor freight but I have a lot of junk lying around.

It literally costs money to throw it away.

I wasn’t gonna post this until I put a coat of paint on it but I decided it’ll probably never get painted.

I’m just gonna throw nuts and bolts and wires and screwdrivers in this thing as I work on the car. This used to be my father’s computer table legs plus the bin from a heavy refrigerator. It was old when I got it 45 years ago. For the past 20 years has been holding my collection of sandpaper, sanding blocks and scotch bright.
image.jpg
The blue bin full of hardware is not part of the cart. Another old refrigerator item. How old is it been since anyone bought a turquoise refrigerator?

In the photo, I was torture testing it. It rolls pretty well under load.

I got the sheet-metal gussets on my workbench and it’s leveled up on some thick plastic feet which will not rot.
image.jpg
So today I’m going to rewire this as Currently it is not UL approved.

That’s about the weakest pun I can make today. Anyhow look at that massive blob of Friction tape that was there when I got this motor 40 years ago. You can see the safety ground is bare, And it’s just stuck under the cover plate at the screw.
image.jpg

That was a close-up of my 1950s exercycle motor. She needs a serious motor mount, as it weighs a lot more than any modern motor.

image.jpg

Just in case anyone thinks I’m too embarrassed to make six posts in a row, the sky is blue today and the smoke is virtually lost in wispy clouds. Firefighters have made considerable progress on the wildfires.

It’s a beautiful Sunday and I thank God that the whole forest did not burn down. It could still happen, but I’m going to take this recent spell of weather as a good omen.

Back