• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Elbert's in the gallery, and I'm hiding out at home, trying to finish my wiring.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
Someone from the church gave my granddaughter a car, and I am forced to tell her it is a white elephant.

I think she should donate it to the local charity house, who will sell it off at auction. She can declare a deduction. Easy peasy, right?

But first, I have to spend a little time and money diagnosing the $$ issues that will put this car in Mexico before the tags become due.
All our junky cars can't be fixed economically here, because of the EPA regs, and so they take their leaks and drips south of the border.
Where they get patched up and end up on the grey market.

A discovery made this summer in Sweden has now been officially announced. There was a risc of getting the site plundered otherwise.

A uniqe viking silver treaseure was found. It was probably hidden between the year 900 - 1000.

It was during a dig on a site for a viking village they found a ceramic pot in the ground where a house had been. In it lay eight necklaces, a bag of linen with twelve coin pendants, two bracelets, two pearls and a simple silver ring.

Some of the finds originate from France, Germany and the Middle East. Some coin pendants has Arabic script and would probably have orginated from Samarkand, present-day Uzbekistan and Iran. One of the silver coins is completely unique and comes from the city of Rouen in Normandy in France and is very unusual. Its the only known example to exist.

This shows again how widespread the viking trade was regarding the coins. There was also trade routes from the east to the big viking town Birka in Sweden.

818ea6b4-6875-4f5e-a279-c7237089c6f6.jpg
xx201110-silver.jpg
8e67f1c6-2131-4fef-93f8-dca3eb95302e.jpg
b03bf7cb-e7b9-421f-bce7-4ba8fcc391bd.jpg
silver2.jpg
silver3.jpg
silver4.jpg

The normandy coin. Sorry best image i got

normand.jpg

Last edited:
That’s pretty cool @fellmann
They have found some amazing Viking things in America as well.

I’m starting to wonder if those foreigners plundered by Vikings will start demanding their archaeological treasures be returned, after these 1000 years?

Look at what’s happening at the British Museum.

I’m starting to wonder if those foreigners plundered by Vikings will start demanding their archaeological treasures be returned, after these 1000 years?

Unless they "captured" special items.. gold and silver items was probably melted down...

Last edited:

It was smart on their part to wait 1000 years. The Vikings could be a rough and tumble lot to say thr least.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Sunny and windy and 61 this morning. This should be the pattern for the next couple of days for us.

We could use some rain and it looks like some is on the way Saturday evening into Sunday morning.

You all have a great day.

Back