• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

It's the script the big media has penned, and promoted for us all to follow. The out-of-control wealthy media barons are proving who runs the country.

It's not the Red or Blue. It's the greenback greed of MSM that turned normal political differences into protests, riots, looting, arson, racism and murder.

Ever since the early 60's, before I knew how politics worked, I knew TV was the most important thing ever. These attitudes will change when the MSM promotes it and not before.

And they will change to whatever we are scripted to follow.
Exactly Cadd

By the way, I didn’t mean to imply that there was no recourse for humanity but to rollover and play dead.

We are in the age of the little press.

It’s no longer the time of Clark Kent at the daily planet. Everyone with a smart phone is now a potential publisher.

The fact that huge media platforms may be controlled by a few people does not mean that they control the entire Internet.

It does not mean that they can control small print media. In the age of desktop publishing this is more possible than ever it was in Franklin‘s day.

By the way, I didn’t mean to imply that there was no recourse for humanity but to rollover and play dead.

We are in the age of the little press.

It’s no longer the time of Clark Kent at the daily planet. Everyone with a smart phone is now a potential publisher.

The fact that huge media platforms may be controlled by a few people does not mean that they control the entire Internet.

It does not mean that they can control small print media. In the age of desktop publishing this is more possible than ever it was in Franklin‘s day.
I couldn't agree more. However, I'm afraid that the toxicity of the internet and social media will outright scare and pressure many into silence. Only some will persevere amid the onslaught of accusations of racism, bigotry and xenophobia. A lot of people aren't able or willing to endure the blowback, the proverbial sh*t-storm that follows that kind of publishing. Not to mention the constant undermining by the big media outlets with the "you can't trust these fly by night news sources". I've watched that play out in my own home. Not fun. My old Dad who I refuse to argue with just because it ain't the time for that anymore...he thinks Chris Cuomo and Jake Tapper are the same ilk as Walter Cronkite...trustworthy, unbiased deliverers of news. Those days are gone...loooong gone. There is so little un-editorialized and un-adulterated news delivered today anywhere...it's sickening.

This is the hardest thing to reconcile, because as you say, everybody has a news outlet in their pocket. I basically only watch my local ABC station and their world news at night. Yes, I know, main stream media. But if they say something is happening here, knowing I can look out the window and verify it, I just have to trust that there isn’t too much added in regarding the rest of the world. I still decide for myself, just like everybody else, if your own take on stuff, or ability to reason is enough to make you trust “ that” version of a story. Maybe next year I’ll just stick to Mexican weather forecasts. I don’t speak the language, buts there’s no way those women are lying to me. Lol

It would be difficult for anyone to remain a democrat if they understood what has happened. I'm sure folks understand what they see, but just can't appreciate what the media won't show.

Propaganda is just as much about what's not said, as what is.

It never took the democrats weeks and weeks to count the primary votes.

Bernie won, the wealthy donors hated him, so the party bought him off and fixed the vote totals.
They didn't buy him off directly. There was a deal made. Rumor is he now has a lovely new house.

The thing is, this was the second time they did this to Bernie. Hillary's primary vote was fixed in 2016 when Bernie beat her. That's why the 2020 primary counting "took" so long. They had to negotiate the settlement with Bernie, who was incensed that he would now never win the whitehouse. It took a long, long time to convince Bernie (and possibly other Dems) to capitulate, and then negotiate a bribe.

The only part of this I consider to be possibly inaccurate is why the counting took so long. Maybe Bernie took the bribe immediately, but there were nervous or opposing donors who had to be negotiated with. Maybe the lawyers needed something more. Nothing takes so long or costs so much as legal wrangling. Counting votes is child's play unless you make it into more.

Interesting take.. the reason I have to take it with a grain of salt is that living in Washington, we are all mail in ballots. They arrive at your house, depending on the county, several weeks before the election. Then you mail it back, postage paid, you drop it off in a vote drop box or you take it to the county office. Your choice of security method. Now this is where all the crazy claims of voter fraud start. As prescribed by law in this state, ballots are tallied upon receipt but not disclosed until poll closing on Election Day. I read about rampant rigging because of a big increase in vote totals within minutes of the polls closing. Duh. Washington could have known some winners because of the known total, in and out, days or even weeks early. No mystery just following the law. Our elections chief is a Republican, she does a great job, and I voted for her because of her competence and for several other Republicans who I believe do a good job. Other states by their laws, can’t tally until Election Day. And with some people not dropping off their vote until the last minute, it only makes sense that it takes days or weeks to get that counted. To me, not a mystery or something afoot...

As I said, Counting votes is child's play unless you make it into more.

Here we have made it into an all-you-can-eat buffet of voting options, and it's far from confidence inspiring.

Any adult here who can pass the test gets a driver license, and is automatically registered to vote.
If you aren't a citizen you must tell them. Until they got caught, we were registering illegals, and anybody registered at DMV was sent a mail-in ballot to their address.

Under our law, the insane and mentally incompetent cannot legally vote. We had a corps of concerned folks harvesting votes from people who are fundamentally clueless, but will sign some paper for any minor freebie.

I could rant on, but while none of this is individually too concerning, taken all together it represents a pattern of crime.

Worse here, is that the party of love and peace, which must embrace crime, and advise war, because they see no honest and peaceable path to their political goals, starts riots.

Relics was mildly well received on it's re-release of early works here, but Atom Heart Mother, Meddle and Ummagumma were not widely understood.
Particularly in the US I think. I think we got Piper at the Gates of Dawn as a re-release as well.

Not until Dark side of the Moon was Pink Floyd "well above ground" in most of the USA.

The rest, of course, is well known. I think I have all their US studio releases on vinyl up to the late 90's.

We saw Monty Python on Canadian TV in 1969-70-71, likely before it was widely seen in the USA.

By the way, that new TIG welder I've been drooling over for about 5 years?
I finally got the cash in my hands, and ended up giving it to my kids for Christmas.
I was feeling sorry because both of them are divorced.

To recoup the loss of the $10k+ I'd be willing to rent my ex son's-in-law out to forum members as target buoys or crash-test dummies.
Both are well qualified for little else, but between the two are guaranteed to have enough brains to open pickle jars 9/10 times.

One was embezzling at the IRS until he got caught. The other one is a professional welfare bum now, working on his felon's certificate.

Anyhow, I'll be working with gas for the foreseeable future.

Lol..been saving this one, but only mentions of tourniquets anywhere are on Pink Floyd albums lolView attachment 24134

:) Classic!

An object at rest stays at rest unless an outside force acts on it.
1f60e.png
Happy Saturday y`all...

103_0443 (2).JPG

Good morning all of you. Sunny skies, calm air, and 41. A nice morning indeed.

Yesterday I drove to Oklahoma City to visit with a friend I had not seen in 10 years. He lives in Phoenix now, but was visiting his daughter who works there . We became friends in 1977 in Omaha.

Anyways, we visited for about 4 hours before I had to return home.

I hope you all have a great day.

LOL . . . I loved Star Trek as a kid, but the fake stuff got old. TV replaced the science in science-fiction with action and sex.
(Same thing they're doing to the election, but I digress. LOL)

Nowadays, people "proud as hell" that they "believe in science" couldn't spot the simplest incorrect stuff.

Some can argue all day in Klingon whether some imaginary world allows a particular imaginary thing (as a scientist might say, "whether a given system is consistent") but when a simple problem of springs and weights is posed on the screen, it is totally misrepresented.

Writers take poetic license with science because the story is easier to write. (Writers say it's because it makes the story better. Like knowing the combination makes a safecracker's job easier, I guess.)

Anyhow, my long appreciation for the PRINT genre was killed by Hollywood.

Do I love to blast off ranting in the AM or what?

GOOD MORNING MOSSBERG OWNERS!

LOL . . . I loved Star Trek as a kid, but the fake stuff got old. TV replaced the science in science-fiction with action and sex.
(Same thing they're doing to the election, but I digress. LOL)

Nowadays, people "proud as hell" that they "believe in science" couldn't spot the simplest incorrect stuff.

Some can argue all day in Klingon whether some imaginary world allows a particular imaginary thing (as a scientist might say, "whether a given system is consistent") but when a simple problem of springs and weights is posed on the screen, it is totally misrepresented.

Writers take poetic license with science because the story is easier to write. (Writers say it's because it makes the story better. Like knowing the combination makes a safecracker's job easier, I guess.)

Anyhow, my long appreciation for the PRINT genre was killed by Hollywood.

Do I love to blast off ranting in the AM or what?

GOOD MORNING MOSSBERG OWNERS!

AAAAWWWWW, shut your pie hole. I cant hear myself ranting.:sofa:

Back