• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone find any mini-shells for sale?

pepi

.270 WIN
Love shooting the 12 gauge mini-shells and I can't find any. Did they quit making them?

They are still being made but due to the rush on ammo your lucky to find anything.
Just keep looking, you may find on gunbroker
But you'll pay real high price.

I bought 5 boxes of mini buck a few weeks ago to try. I like ‘me so far. I didn’t get too upset,price wise, because around here, when you can find any, #4 buck from Federal was $2 a shot.. I got the mini’s online from MidwayUsa..

Thanks for the heads up, BoBo. Still available as this writing. $9/box of 20, case of 300 shipped free.

Got some Aguila mini slugs heading my way today from ammo.com in Louisiana. Might be a minute given the weather between there and Tacoma..lol

Last edited:
pepi, many times in my life, I have wanted something but could not find it. In those times, necessity turned into the mother of invention.

You could always start making your own. If you can load a "regular" shell, you could trim a regular hull shorter and make one. Then you'll never be held hostage by what you can find on the shelf again.

I found a few boxes of the Federal Shorty shotshells locally. Have a new Shockwave 12ga to test.

Got my 2 boxes at Academy today as I was in the area. Fed. 9mm 124gr FMJ $19.50/50 and import steel case .223 65gr FMJ $13/20. They are keeping it behind the counter in the Cust. Svc. desk in front of store now. People kept coming in and buying from different gun clerks to get more than their allotted 2 boxes/day. :rolleyes: I'm planning a trip to the range with my dot and her BF and would rather not dip into my personal stash... :D

pepi, many times in my life, I have wanted something but could not find it. In those times, necessity turned into the mother of invention.

You could always start making your own. If you can load a "regular" shell, you could trim a regular hull shorter and make one. Then you'll never be held hostage by what you can find on the shelf again.
I would probably shoot my eye out LOL

Back