• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video: thermal hog hunting kill shot highlights pulsar trail XQ38

Hey guys, it’s been a while. Hunting took a backseat the past year or two, and making videos and being an active member on the forums came to a complete halt. But hopefully, moving forward I’ll be back at it, and y’all will be seein more of me on here. Anyways, i finally got around to makin this video. It’s a bunch of kill shots from the view of my Pulsar Trail XQ38. Happy New Years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good job.

Makes me thankful that we're not ate up with wild hogs.

Yet.

Nice shooting. Looks like you got a couple of coyotes in the mix as well. We have lots of wild hogs but I have never hunted them.

Thanks y’all! We’ve just about got them cleared off the few properties we’ve been hunting. Hopefully we will be getting more properties with hog problems as time goes on.

I'd probably be more ecstatic downing hogs than deer. Though both can be destructive like black bear. Those things are also nuisance animals.

I'd probably be more ecstatic downing hogs than deer. Though both can be destructive like black bear. Those things are also nuisance animals.
We don’t have a lot of black bear in Tx, but they have started migrating down here through the Davis mountains working their way through west Texas, towards the hill country. I know some have been seen on camera north of Uvalde Tx.

Black bear are worse than wild hogs. More destructive. Stronger. Bigger. Just as dangerous and short temper especially when they claim your territory as their own.

Don't believe the BS that black bears are timid and always run from humans or noise. They don't.

They'll tear through the walls of your house to get to something they want. Teach their cubs to feed from your garbage bin. Barn. whatever.

Sorry for the hijack, here are some pictures and screenshots and links.

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Bear-433349473.html

0nX7hFp.jpg

-------------
bQmEoC8.jpg

giUH7IB.jpg

-----------

uBV00O6.jpg

3VpKnBw.jpg

Black bear are worse than wild hogs. More destructive. Stronger. Bigger. Just as dangerous and short temper especially when they claim your territory as their own.

Don't believe the BS that black bears are timid and always run from humans or noise. They don't.

They'll tear through the walls of your house to get to something they want. Teach their cubs to feed from your garbage bin. Barn. whatever.

Sorry for the hijack, here are some pictures and screenshots and links.

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Bear-433349473.html

0nX7hFp.jpg

-------------
bQmEoC8.jpg

giUH7IB.jpg

-----------

uBV00O6.jpg

3VpKnBw.jpg
Nah it’s good info. I’m not tryin to get anywhere near any bears.

Funny story. I hunted a property a while back and the land developer told me that 6 months prior a neighboring property that was raised exotic wildlife had about a dozen chimpanzees escape and were never found. So now I’ve gotta watch my back for mountain lions, chimpanzees and bears... oh my [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

^ Absolutely.

You using a 6.8?

I had one several years ago. Took a whitetail with it. It anchored it where it stood, but at the relatively close distance that I was shooting (less than 40 yards), I expected the bullet would've held together instead of fragmenting and getting stuck just underneath the hide on the far side.

Still it was DRT. I can't argue with that.

This video was several years ago with my 6.8. Well before I got an ATN and this was just a cheap digital camera mounted on top of the scope. You can barely see the deer even after I pull the trigger, you just see a quick flash of white belly on its' way down. Oh well. It is what it is.

That's an awesome pattern.

You did great on that.

I made a few snakeskins with duracoat probably 15 years ago.

MMVr2Up.jpg

vCluGB8.jpg

uffZOK2.jpg

IsdJ8ER.jpg

One of my favorite water immersion camo patterns. (naturalgear)

H2SWivD.jpg

And probably my all time favorite. Ston'

ZZnbyqJ.jpg

0BYAH0a.jpg

DDnt3ob.jpg

(hint: it's laying on the ground near the center of the picture beside the stick)
4uKaC6V.jpg

Back