• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all of yous. Sunny and frosty and 30. The high later should be mid 50. A darned nice day me thinks.

That caddy looks to be about 40 feet long, lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It’s a beautiful, sunny, cool day in California and it looks like no rain for us in the near future. I haven’t done a whole lot lately except putter around the house and the shed.

I have a shed where the inside of the walls have a foil barrier pressed right to the wood at the factory. Unfortunately it’s like a Faraday cage, and if you get inside of it with a cell phone and shut the door you lose your reception right away.

Anyhow I was going from five bars outside the shed to one bar inside the shed on my Wi-Fi, and so I decided to remove the foil from a portion of the doors.

It turned out that Disc sanding, scraping and rasping and wire brushing, were totally inappropriate, and either ineffectual or causing damage to the wood. So I wound up with a vibratory sander.

It was slow, but it did the job well, and after I did a patch about the size of a large cookie sheet I closed the door and tested it. This was OK as long as I was standing close to the door, but as I moved away I started losing bars.
so I continue to remove foil from the door by sanding and so far have sanded 2/3 of one leaf. This has resulted in a terrific performance gain for my Wi-Fi and the cell phone as well.

It was also blocking my FM radio and that has cleared up somewhat. AM radio gets through because of the connection to the power system and the fact that the power cord is an antenna which is effective enough.

Now that I have removed the protective foil I started to paint the parts of the door I’ve sanded to protect them from the moisture. It has not rained here recently but the weather has been humid each morning.

Today might actually turn out nice enough to take the Mrs. on a little picnic, so I’m looking forward to that later.

The "talk of the town" here is that, during the storming of the US capitol building, one man kan be seen in several shots and videos actively participate in the event - and he is wearing a scarf with our city name and logo !!! What are the odds ?!

Nobody knows his name. He is wanted by the Washington Police.

skelleftea.jpg
skelleftea2.jpg

You stayed in your sleeping bag all day?

It was beautiful here and I got out to sand and put a coat of paint on the shed door.

I picked up a fishing license and some bait and I am hoping to get out in the boat tomorrow, and again on Monday.

Much depends on my wife And how she feels about fishing in January. After all this lockdown business she is dying to get out of the house so I have that going for me.

Good morning everyone. Mostly clear and 40F, 4.4C for Fellman, this morning. We are supposed to have winds of 20-30 mph with gusts to 45 most of the day.

Have the best day you can.

Hey guys...

It's a bit cold and foggy this AM. I am hoping it will warm up a bit.
I need to do something to cheer myself up.
It's not just the Jan weather, but the political climate. Brrrr!

People in the "news" are all talking about the insurrection.
They've seen no insurrection, but they all act like it happened.
That was just a bow shot. All the sails are still afloat.

But what's in the water ahead?

(It's too cold to go fishing and I must still have water on my mind...)

This next week may become both a weak fart, and the biggest cloud ever seen over the Potomac.
Everyone is really anxious.

Good Morning!!

My clothes dryer and snowblower both quit in the last week. I spent the a few hours this weekend cleaning the fuel system in the snowblower and replacing the igniter in the dryer. Both are back in business!! Also hemmed up about 6 new par if pants that had been waiting for several weeks.

I did make it out to do a little squirrel hunting on Sat. Heard a couple chirping but couldn't connect. It did feel good to get out into the woods.

Back