• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

View attachment 24669

Got this in my email. Unfortunately I didnt have sn extra $13,995 laying around but someone did as they are now sold out.
It's always amazed me how quickly those kind of things sell out. Makes you wonder who has that kind of cash on hand to buy that much of just one thing. I couldn't ever justify putting that much on credit...let alone the cost of the divorce...LOL! I rarely drop more than 100 bucks at a time on ammo. And, I'm not hard up nor am I lacking ammo. I could see a bunch of people getting together on that, like a range organizing a bulk purchase...but that takes time to organize.

Oh and I've managed to pick up a range of ammo over the last number of weeks and months. A couple boxes each of 270 & 30-30, nearly 1000rds of 22LR and a bit of .410. A few 25rd boxes 12ga 00 buck, heavy game loads & a box of slugs. I even managed to pick up stuff for my buddy in 7mm mag and 44mag. I'm confident the drought is coming but it hasn't hit hard here...yet.

Well, the Walmart down the street finally sold the last few boxes of .28 gauge shells. No more ammo to be found. Looks like they are out of the ammo business.

Three years ago I bought probably 90% of my ammo there. Times they are a changing.

Hit the lottery today picked up 300 each of large rifle, small rifle, small pistol and small magnum pistol primers.

Never thought I would get excited about a few hundred primers.

Also found a box of 22lr. I have a deep supply of these but they way things are going.

They had 100 round packs of the green tip 5.56 for $119 a pop. I saw two guys buy the limit if 3 each. I passed. I have a lot that I paid a fraction of that for. I'm not desperate enough to pay over $1 a round for 5.56.

One of our local shops has 250 round cans of 5.56, 55 gr for $239 + tax. I have passed and picked up 7.62x39 for 45 cents a round. I have been able to snag 100 rounds of .22 mag as well.

Spied this while returning some defective crossbow bolts to Academy last week. It was behind the gun counter, probably so they don't have to deal with shoplifters... :rolleyes: Shown on the top shelf are steelcase 7.62x39, some duty 9mm and 5.7x28! :eek: I was in "return" mode and went away empty-handed but in hindsight, I should have picked up a couple 40rounders of AK ammo even though I don't own anything that fires that round... ;)

acadammo.jpg

I've noticed the prices of AKs has gone up significantly. I wonder if that is tied to the fact it's one caliber that still seems to be available and at a reasonable price? Take care. Tom Worthington

I've noticed the prices of AKs has gone up significantly. I wonder if that is tied to the fact it's one caliber that still seems to be available and at a reasonable price? Take care. Tom Worthington

I can find 5.56 easier than 7.62x39 around here.

It's like upside down world here I guess. In my LGS, they never have 7.62, but they often have 223 or 5.56. My guess is it's due to the outright ban on all AR's earlier this year and the fact that SKS's are everywhere. More gun control logic for you...:thumbsdown:

Come to think of it, when I was at Cabelas last week they had a couple skids of cases of surplus 7.62x39...but that's not my LGS. I only pop in from time to time.

Are these allowed? You could use it to televisit with your cardiologist while, uh, stress testing, yeah,that’s it, stress testing..lolView attachment 24686
It appears it is legal here as a non-restricted firearm. Marketed as the Baikal MP 155 Ultima; although I haven't seen the smart version pictured above, just the regular autoloader.

Once the Can/US border opens up to vehicle traffic again it'll be nice to stop in at the Cabelas in Marysville...haven't been there in ages.

It
It appears it is legal here as a non-restricted firearm. Marketed as the Baikal MP 155 Ultima; although I haven't seen the smart version pictured above, just the regular autoloader.

Once the Can/US border opens up to vehicle traffic again it'll be nice to stop in at the Cabelas in Marysville...haven't been there in ages.
really isn’t like the good old days,is it? Pop into the local grocery store, get a box of buck shot,some spark plugs for the 327 and a gallon of milk..lol I’ve been in the Cabelas in Olympia once, years ago but was only after hand warmers for a night job.lol I’ve never been in the Bass Pro Shop in south Tacoma. Mostly just visit the local places, but then I don’t shoot much and have a few hundred shells on hand..

You can buy an AK, problem solved, lol.

Wouldn't be the first gun I've bought because I already had a plethora of ammo for it! :D I already have a few hundred rounds of 7.62x39 acquired in ammo lot purchases over the years... I'll be back in the area next week and WILL buy a couple boxes of something, just because. The Wolf 40 packs work out to about $0.40/rd after tax.

I had a Norinco SKS about 25 years ago that I regret selling. Beautiful gun, "new" in cosmoline. I had to get real intimate with the gun cleaning the grease out of it before I could even shoot it but it was worth the knowledge of learning how it worked. Spike bayonet. Paid $60 back when I had my FFL. I regret selling it a couple years later but you do things like that when you are in college with no time to shoot. Tripled my investment. I also regret not buying a case of them--I think case price was $45 each! :eek:

Wouldn't be the first gun I've bought because I already had a plethora of ammo for it! :D I already have a few hundred rounds of 7.62x39 acquired in ammo lot purchases over the years... I'll be back in the area next week and WILL buy a couple boxes of something, just because. The Wolf 40 packs work out to about $0.40/rd after tax.

I had a Norinco SKS about 25 years ago that I regret selling. Beautiful gun, "new" in cosmoline. I had to get real intimate with the gun cleaning the grease out of it before I could even shoot it but it was worth the knowledge of learning how it worked. Spike bayonet. Paid $60 back when I had my FFL. I regret selling it a couple years later but you do things like that when you are in college with no time to shoot. Tripled my investment. I also regret not buying a case of them--I think case price was $45 each! :eek:
These were going for $175 - 250 just a few years ago....these are refurbs to boot!!!

https://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/russian-sks-7-62x39-20.html

These were going for $175 - 250 just a few years ago....these are refurbs to boot!!!

About 5 years ago I was in a "mega" gun store LINK looking around and saw a wooden barrel on the floor with a number of SKSs sticking out of it. Firstly, I was aghast at the $299 price tag! :eek: Secondly, I was alarmed at the poor condition they were all in--used as shovels and pick axes apparently... :rolleyes:

Back