• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Just heard that Rush Limbaugh has passed.

The left will be doing their happy dance.

I think it is a great loss. RIP Sir!!

Same here about 10 minutes ago. 800-282-2882, I would like to have a dollar for every time I heard that number.

He and Charles Krauthammer will be looking down on us together.

The EIB golden microphone has signed off. R.I.P.

Good morning folks. It's a nice morning, about 6 inches of fresh snow on top of the 8 we ended up getting two days ago, and it's 25 already.

In the days I lived in Nebraska it used to amaze me that a lot of folks thought their 4x4s would some how magically stop on snow and ice.

Nowadays when the weather is sketchy I just stay home. Life is so much simpler.

Have a great day.

Morning MO's.

It was around 10°F this morning when i left the house.

Roads were clear. In the way home last night the car was shaking horribly. Pulled off and pulled several pieces of ice from around the wheel. Put over 400k on this vehicle and never had it shake like that. I think its just i primer for the coming two years. LOL

Meanwhile in Sweden...

By winter tires is meant studded tires or so-called unstudded friction tires. You cannot use both studded and unstudded tires on the same vehicle. It is OK to use unstudded friction tires all year round.

The tires that have the greatest tread depth or stud tread should be fitted to the rear of the vehicle. It reduces the risk of skidding when braking or turning. This applies to both front- and rear-wheel-drive cars.

Was doing some catch up reading on this thread....

We can run studded tires from October 1st to April 30th and snow/winter tires are mandatory on interior highways (north of Vancouver, BC) during the same period. Since driving 4x4 equipped vehicles exclusively since the late 90's I usually run a snow rated AT tire year round. Usually BFG KO's, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor and more recently Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. It's a bit spendy but I save on not having to switch out tires 2x year, don't need studded tires and haven't needed chains yet and rarely if ever get a flat. I get off the beaten path into some pretty nasty places. IMO, buying top quality tires are an investment in peace of mind.

This was an early dump of snow in the mountains this past October...about 5 hours northeast of Vancouver, BC. The next day temps dropped to -13C. My one and only hunting trip this past season.

Snowy truck Oct 20 - web.jpg

Last edited:
My daily driver us an 08 Honda CRV with 423K miles in it. It was the last new car I bought and probably the last I will buy. The price of new cars is ridiculous.

Its insane what they want for new trucks....
Ain’t that the truth..my personal hard and fast rule about buying a car was to never pay more than I did for my house. ($24,000), hence my succession of beaters, junkers and projects. Lol

Hey MO...another lovely day on the "wet coast"....lol

My daily driver us an 08 Honda CRV with 423K miles in it. It was the last new car I bought and probably the last I will buy. The price of new cars is ridiculous.

Its insane what they want for new trucks....

You got that right! If I were a high mileage guy there's no way I'd be driving a new truck except about every 10 years...maybe. I bought this truck in late September 2019 and just ticked over 20,000 km's (just shy of 12,500 mi) the other day.

Good morning folks. It's a nice morning, about 6 inches of fresh snow on top of the 8 we ended up getting two days ago, and it's 25 already.

In the days I lived in Nebraska it used to amaze me that a lot of folks thought their 4x4s would some how magically stop on snow and ice.

Nowadays when the weather is sketchy I just stay home. Life is so much simpler.

Have a great day.
I'd guess there's 2 4x4's to every 1 car in the ditch or highway median during the big snow events. Last winter the wife and I counted as we drove past over a dozen vehicles either off the road or in accidents in a short, 2-3 km stretch of flat, straight highway. Easily 3/4 or more were 4x4's. We don't get the kind of wicked winter 50-100 vehicle pile ups you guys get except for maybe once per decade.

However, today I watched a fella in a Tesla not figure out how the chain-pull works at a car wash...LOL. Was pretty funny.

Hey MO...another lovely day on the "wet coast"....lol

You got that right! If I were a high mileage guy there's no way I'd be driving a new truck except about every 10 years...maybe. I bought this truck in late September 2019 and just ticked over 20,000 km's (just shy of 12,500 mi) the other day.
I’ve become a low miler since retirement. I’ve put a little over 6k on my Rio, in just about 3 years, and with a bit more than 500 miles since I got the Accent at Christmas. ( 200 of those in one day to visit the wife,lol). She,on the other hand, is also retired and averages over 15k/ year..

Hey Mossberg Owners.

Nothing much to report. It was about 65° and I was out sunbathing again today.

Got my wife to give me a haircut and she only scalped me bald in one small spot. It’s really not noticeable next to the main bald spot.

I’ve got this old stereo receiver from 1980, And it’s a 40 pound monster. The front end is extremely clean but unfortunately the power amplifiers are dead.

I’ve never worked on anything this complicated. It’s 400 watts and The condensers and transformers are huge. It’s got 8 big Hitachi output transistors and I’ll bet they’re all dead. Fortunately they are quite common because everybody used these terrific transistors, and I can get them for $11 a pair. It appears that most of the other transistors are only a dollar or two each.

I probably would not spend any time at all on this receiver except that it is a high quality model, And a bit rare. This is a Realistic, and it was made with Japanese parts in Korea by Tandy electronics for RadioShack in 1980. They sold a lot of cheaper equipment made by other companies but this was their flag ship receiver.

I don’t know if I will be successful but at the very least I can attach the front end to a new power amplifier and forget about rebuilding the old ones.

Attachments

• 6822560E-2E9D-4215-945C-120FB24AA71E.jpeg
    6822560E-2E9D-4215-945C-120FB24AA71E.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey Mossberg Owners.

Nothing much to report. It was about 65° and I was out sunbathing again today.

Got my wife to give me a haircut and she only scalped me bald in one small spot. It’s really not noticeable next to the main bald spot.

I’ve got this old stereo receiver from 1980, And it’s a 40 pound monster. The front end is extremely clean but unfortunately the power amplifiers are dead.

I’ve never worked on anything this complicated. It’s 400 watts and The condensers and transformers are huge. It’s got 8 big Hitachi output transistors and I’ll bet they’re all dead. Fortunately they are quite common because everybody used these terrific transistors, and I can get them for $11 a pair. It appears that most of the other transistors are only a dollar or two each.

I probably would not spend any time at all on this receiver except that it is a high quality model, And a bit rare. This is a Realistic, and it was made with Japanese parts in Korea by Tandy electronics for RadioShack in 1980. They sold a lot of cheaper equipment made by other companies but this was their flag ship receiver.

I don’t know if I will be successful but at the very least I can attach the front end to a new power amplifier and forget about rebuilding the old ones.
There was a noticable difference between my previous receiver ( R.I.P ) and my current in sound quality. My previous one ( Harman Kardon 235 ) had much better components, it was sturdy and well made. My new one feels more "plastic" and more "mass produced" if you know what i mean. I Miss the old one..

avr235silb.jpg
avr235sile.jpg
avr235silg.jpg

Last edited:
There was a noticable difference between my previous receiver ( R.I.P ) and my current in sound quality. My previous ( Harman Kardon 235 ) one had much better components, it was sturdy and well made. My new one feels more "plastic" and more "mass produced" if you know what i mean. I Miss the old one..
My old Sony gave up the ghost last year after more than 30 years of of service, so I moved this little Onkyo into the main system. It’s much more plastic feeling also. And about 60 watts/ch weaker also. Oh well..175CCE2A-8F60-47D5-82E3-C4E75B8E09CC.jpeg

Back