• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Today was my wife’s 65th birthday and I took her out in the boat.
02B6F62F-CB18-4EB8-8FD6-02034937721B.jpeg

It was an absolutely lovely day at the lake except for a little bit of wind that came and went during the day. Sadly, we didn’t see any fish at all in our net.

ADB3D205-192B-4319-ABCE-EDB7ED5E9B99.jpeg

Also, we had a little incident launching the boat. I tied a piece of para cord onto the painter to give my wife some extra feet of rope as I backed the trailer into the water. Unfortunately she fouled the painter on the trailer, and as I was dragging the trailer out of the water it was dragging the boat as well.

Before my wife had enough sense to let go, I had literally ripped this piece of Chinese paracord in two.
E95C77F4-9456-4861-9165-ABB05F39DC65.jpeg
Fortunately my wife didn’t hang on until it pulled her into the water!

Unfortunately she did hang on until the trailer pulled the boat up into the concrete, and put a little gouge in the keel.

It wasn’t enough to stop us, but I knew we were going to need repairs; and indeed we took over a gallon of water into the bilge in five hours of boating.

Today was my wife’s 65th birthday and I took her out in the boat.
View attachment 24748

It was an absolutely lovely day at the lake except for a little bit of wind that came and went during the day. Sadly, we didn’t see any fish at all in our net.

View attachment 24747

Also, we had a little incident launching the boat. I tied a piece of para cord onto the painter to give my wife some extra feet of rope as I backed the trailer into the water. Unfortunately she fouled the painter on the trailer, and as I was dragging the trailer out of the water it was dragging the boat as well.

Before my wife had enough sense to let go, I had literally ripped this piece of Chinese paracord in two.
View attachment 24749
Fortunately my wife didn’t hang on until it pulled her into the water!

Unfortunately she did hang on until the trailer pulled the boat up into the concrete, and put a little gouge in the keel.

It wasn’t enough to stop us, but I knew we were going to need repairs; and indeed we took over a gallon of water into the bilge in five hours of boating.
Nice Cadd :) Happy birthday to wifey from me

Today in History

Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of the Alamo (February 23 – March 6, 1836).

Doubt most even remember or study history anymore and for many history is what happened yesterday or the day before. But, as a nation, we can ill afford to forget our forefathers and their sacrifices.

God bless Texas!

Regards

Good morning all you rascals. Last Tuesday morning our low was a chilly -13. Today our high is supposed to be 75. The snow has melted in neighborhood. Tomorrow we dip back into the 50s which is our normal this time of year.

Have a great day.

When you post about the weather in Oklahoma and it doesn’t involve a tornado, I don’t get anxious. ;)

We are basically cycling between mid 40s at night and mid 60s in the day. Yesterday it got very warm in Clovis, over 70, but I don’t think it ever got over 65 at the lake.

Today in History

Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of the Alamo (February 23 – March 6, 1836).

Doubt most even remember or study history anymore and for many history is what happened yesterday or the day before. But, as a nation, we can ill afford to forget our forefathers and their sacrifices.

God bless Texas!

Regards

I’m afraid that Texas should have kept Mexico back when they held the country. Unfortunately they would’ve needed support from the US government and I don’t think it was there.

Some folks considered that returning Mexico to the Mexicans was a gesture of Generosity.

I’m not so sure about that anymore.

Doesn’t look too bad. Fiberglass work is kinda fun. The hardest part will be to keep the new glass from sagging.

That is a good point. I have done a lot of glass on this boat but I’ve always done it in the most favorable position. Upside down if necessary.

Fortunately it will not be flipped this time! Patches will not be too large or heavy. I will use masking tape to hold the big patches to the boat.

I restored this keel 25 years ago, and it was since scarred & filled a little bit, from random contact with the trailer.

I started grinding already and it’s a little worse than what I showed, But that’s not OEM fiberglass. I put at least six extra layers of cloth over that keel area, after I patched the original damage. It’s a tri-hull and double bottomed & that’s about the strongest part of the hull.

Good thing too! Remember that I pulled this boat into the concrete ramp, hard enough to break light paracord. She took a hit that I never felt driving the truck. It only took on a gallon of water thru a tiny crack.

I should form a skid plate & bolt it under the hull right there. ;)

My intention is to keep patching the experimental boat up until I can afford a really nice electric boat.
A1B3D0E7-799C-4D11-9C33-C4EED58AB1E3.jpeg
I did upgrade the old X 24V to 36 Volts. I’ve got a lot of other handiwork on this boat too.

But she was built in 1976 and no matter how good you keep the paint, they eventually get weak.

Good morning all you rascals. Last Tuesday morning our low was a chilly -13. Today our high is supposed to be 75. The snow has melted in neighborhood. Tomorrow we dip back into the 50s which is our normal this time of year.

I hear you! We were down around 0 last Tuesday in North Texas and right now we're at 77.

If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 5 minutes. It'll change.

I was taking a look at the war in the pacific again and saw this movie about the battle of Tarawa

One thing led to another and i read about fallen soldiers that is now and then still found on Tarawa. I found this clip..

I am amazed that the remains have not been brought back earlier.. 452 still missing !?
Thats a lot, on such a small island !

Woke up to a light dusting of snow,lol Which of course leads to fog as it “ warms up”. Oh well, it’s not slowing down this weeks low buck project, which involved sinking an unused little storage unit into the kitchen wall, to mount the microwave in. Got tired of having it tethered to the movable island I put together when I busted open the kitchen. Just waiting on the caulk to dry on the little windows for the back of the box. 3 little picture frames gave their life to the project. Lol anyway, good morning.

Attachments

• E180E73A-0D2B-49FF-8C00-E08B106AF497.jpeg
    E180E73A-0D2B-49FF-8C00-E08B106AF497.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 91A86652-E381-49AA-BE4D-73C63FBD9F33.jpeg
    91A86652-E381-49AA-BE4D-73C63FBD9F33.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 7
Back