• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I have some feelers out locally trying to find a 500 or an 870.

Still needing a pack gun for when I check my trail cameras.

Been steadily seeing an increase in predators up on the property. Last thing I want to do is get up in there and get chomped and nibbled on.

They'reout there, just hard to come by. I got lucky with my 870. Found out my buddy sent the WTS email to around 10 people, I was the lucky first responder.

Good morning,

I have a big-ish purchase to make, but I keep putting it off and spending money instead on a bunch of less important smaller purchases that ultimately total more than the big purchase costs in the first place. Oh well, at least I actually have a paycheck now so I can handle it. Anyways I need to get about $70 worth of Esstac shotgun cards and just don't feel like spending that much money on one thing right now, especially something like shot cards.

This is all for a new rig I've been working on for my 500, something a bit more fighting-focused than my hunting rig. Just trying to streamline my ammo access so I'm not dropping ammo everywhere trying to reload in MOPP gear, or when it's cold.

Got my work schedule changed up a bit to give me some extra breathing room. I'm no longer doing 10-hour shifts back-to-back so I shouldn't be as anxious all the time, we'll see how well it works. I've started taking melatonin to sleep and it's awesome, I don't think I've consistently slept this well in my life. I'm also using St. John's Wort and some other herbal thing for stress, along with an ungodly amount of orange tea and maybe some stouts. Listening to Irish Rock at work also helps the time go by.

Good Morning MO's!!!

I've been told by a reliable friend that there is no ammo shortage north if the border in Canada. Bricks of primers, brass, powder as well as manufactured ammo on the shelves. Can any of our Canadian members confirm this.

Mmmmmmorrning!

It’s going to be a lovely day in the high 60s today with a slight overcast but sunny again tomorrow. I have been Indulging myself in other hobbies so I won’t be tempted to go out and shoot up my collection of ammunition.
B781BCAF-E395-4FCF-A75D-1983FC1CD4E5.jpeg

I was out in the shed last night putting together some more speakers.

These two 7 1/2 inch speakers provide a powerful center channel.
47882FD7-7682-429B-830D-AB4F335E34FA.jpegIt’s not very clean at high power levels, but at shed listening volumes it is quite pleasant.

I think that stereo puts out 120 W total at 5% total harmonic distortion. That means you get about 5 W per channel out of it at reasonably clean listening levels. 20 watts, being 4 outputs.

I was also scrapping out an old power supply for parts that I might be able to use.

All the tubular electrolytic capacitors were blown.

The primary rectifier, it’s film capacitor, plus all the chokes and transformers are fine, and the power transistors were saved by the fact that the wire wound resistors which limit the bias voltage were fried.
Mostly it was an exercise in the practice of de-soldering components from a board without destroying them and the board in the process.

I have three or four soldering irons but none of them are appropriate for this work. I need a remote adjustable power inverter with a button so I can pump the voltage up and down.
Time to go shopping on eBay.

Meanwhile I decided to build a giant insulated canister filter for my main aquarium system, which will free up the 30 gallon sump to house several fish. I just used a 32 gallon Rubbermaid brute trashcan inside of a 44 gallon brute trashcan, by cutting the handles off the 32.

I shot a bunch of spray foam into the gap between the two cans for insulation and I will make an insulated lid from the two Brute lids as well.

This will not be a pressurized filter but will simply take all the overflow from the patio aquarium, filter it, and return it to the sump, which will still contain the pumps.

I filled it up with water last night so the inner can wouldn’t float up on the foam, and it should be cured by the time I decide to start cutting holes in it today.
This will allow me to add 15 gallons of water to the sump plus whatever I can get into the Brute, after I load it up with filter media. Possibly another 20 gallons.

So I’ve essentially added 35 gallons to the existing 180 gals Of water in my 210 gallon system. That’s a 20% increase, which is significant.

Even more significant is I will be able to double my filter media and allow room for housing more fish.

Last edited:
Good Morning MO's!!!

I've been told by a reliable friend that there is no ammo shortage north if the border in Canada. Bricks of primers, brass, powder as well as manufactured ammo on the shelves. Can any of our Canadian members confirm this.
I think it depends Mike. I haven't seen the sharp and steady decline in factory ammo levels that I anticipated after so much panic buying south of the line for about a year now. Can't really speak to the components end of things. I have seen bare shelves in a couple places but it wasn't for long and some stock came back in. It is possible that like many of us, maybe Canadian wholesalers learned their lessons last time and didn't wait for the next shortage to catch them with their pants down? Let's face it, demand here is not like the US and they wouldn't have to stack it too deep to keep the supply flowing...especially at a reduced amount.

I am seeing popular brands/types/styles of firearms out of stock nearly everywhere. Bolt & break action seem plentiful enough but anything lever, pump and semi are becoming scarce.

Back