• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month, (June 2021) (Getting Away)

What do you consider "roughing it"?

• Tents and campfire cooking

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Unfinished, no amenities cabin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tow behind pickup truck camper or RV

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Completely furnished, full amenity, multi room cabin

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Condo anywhere but the great outdoors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me having a real tent is not roughing it. Roughing it is you got maybe a sleeping bag and one of those cheap plastic tarps and a couple bungee cords. Also if you got hot food that’s not really roughing it. Even if you have to cook it yourself.

Of course this is all relative to the weather. In crappy weather even the best tent and camping equipment Is roughing it.

I got all of my camping/roughing it out of my system years ago. Some arthritis in my feet makes me want to now leave that in the past.

Now.... during the day it can get as outdoors as you want. I love cooking outdoors, cutting wood, having a fire, and sitting around.

At nightfall I am sleeping in my own bed Thank You.

Its all relative. I used to think roughing it was the family cabin that only had LP gas and electricity from a generator.

Later it was tent camping.

Then I would say it is bushcraft/minimalist gear. Sleeping bag/blanket with a natural made shelter or tarp.

Now as I get older I'm back to family cabin with LP and generator. LOL

Truck Camper and back woods camping!

We've never stayed in a commercial campground and only a few forest service ones.

Regards

When I was in my pre-retirement years I was doing a lot of reading about RV travelling and "camping."
I thought I would:
1. rent to see if the lifestyle was bearable.
2. buy cheap to see if it was affordable.
3. upgrade to see if was pleasurable.
4. buy the perfect vehicle after evaluating my prior mistakes.

But alas, post-retirement responsibilities and realities have derailed all that. And I'm not all that upset.

I'm cool. Eighty-mile round trips suit me just fine. :thumbsup:

I just happen to have fallen into a relationship that includes the full amenities , except the boat is gone now. That's just as well as it wasn't being used enough anyways. It also happens to be our go to place if the shtf scenario should rear it's ugly head.

Back