• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I have wanted to get a 410 for a long time

hombre243

.30-06
I like the singleshots, so I got a couple. One is a Charles Daly/Chiappa Turkey gun and the other is an Armacor break action. I also got a 12 ga break gun that is a twin to the 410. I just wanted it. I may get the 20 ga too.

It if quits raining I will go shoot them. My back and legs are doing better so I may be able to go fish, shoot and camp a bit. I am anxious.

The Chiappa 410 has screw in chokes. The Armscor 12 ga has a few chokes available for it too. Both are Beretta/Benelli chokes so I was lucky to find a 410 that uses that pattern. When I got the 12 ga I found out that it uses that pattern so I assumed...duh!...that the 410 used it too. Wrong. But I waited and found the gun. Now I can sing again. Sorta.

The top gun, Armscor 12 and 410, look alike. The Chiappa Turkey Gun is on the bottom. I tried to get some pics of my own but I didn't do so good. Maybe later I will repost when they are all slinged up and ready to hunt.

armscor 410 and 12.JPG

Chiappa 410.JPG

I like the looks of them! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get .410 ammo for them or have you been pre-stocking for the day?

I havent been able to find more ammo. Luckily when my apartment was broken into the dummies left the ammo on the shelf and took my Rossi 410. I think I have about 200 rounds of mixed 2.5 and 3". I want to use them for squirrels and maybe turkey in the fall. I'm anxious.

410 bore will put down a turkey. I assure you. But, you have to watch your distance. As with anything you use the 410 bore on.

410 bore will put down a turkey. I assure you. But, you have to watch your distance. As with anything you use the 410 bore on.

I realized that when I was out with a 20 ga. But I found an ambush point that is close enouth for even a 410. I am hoping to try it in the fall hunt.

Good luck with it. Seems that hunting often needs a healthy dose of it.

But I can assure you with certainty that 410 will put turkey on the table.

The shot size is the same for all gauges. You just can't squeeze as many pellets into a 410 shell is the only difference which is mostly what limits its range because there are fewer to keep the pattern tight.

1250 fps is also the same out of a 410 or 10 gauge too. ;)

I got this little Rossi .410/.22 combo back 8 years ago or so. WM BF deal--I think it was $130 minus $20 rebate. Back before they became a pussy... Been a while since we shot it. My son would always try to flick the spent .22 cases at his sister behind him... :) The .410 was a little uncomfy so we seldom shot it with .410--maybe a couple shells each. I'd like to cut it down and make a lupara out of it--maybe after the SHTF... ;)

S411220BS.jpg

I got this little Rossi .410/.22 combo back 8 years ago or so. WM BF deal--I think it was $130 minus $20 rebate. Back before they became a pussy... Been a while since we shot it. My son would always try to flick the spent .22 cases at his sister behind him... :) The .410 was a little uncomfy so we seldom shot it with .410--maybe a couple shells each. I'd like to cut it down and make a lupara out of it--maybe after the SHTF... ;)

View attachment 25449

With the 410 bbl on it is like the one that was stolen from my apt. I fired it a few times and recoil was nil.

Yeah, my kids had one of the rossi 22/410 youth combos too. Only I have the one with wood furniture.

Wood is nice but I found this one and settled for it. It had the interchangable chokes and there was 1 in stock. I figured if I want a 410 that uses the chokes I bought by mistake, I better jump on it.

The one with the wood-like plastic is a slug gun. It has a flip up/down rear sight and a cylinder bore. I don't know where but some states allow a 410 for deer. This might be a gun for deer hunting.

I could deer hunt with 410 slugs.

410 slugs are quite effective on whitetail and not really any worse off than using a 41 magnum. The two have very similar ballistics actually.

Especially if you use some of the heavier weight slugs. I wouldn't really want to use a 1/5 oz slug though which are common loads today. That's only .20 of an ounce.

But the heavier weight slug loads would do fine. Especially at the distances that I hunt.

Here's an interesting read. I urge you to read to the end though.
http://fourten.org.uk/mwslug.html

I could deer hunt with 410 slugs.

410 slugs are quite effective on whitetail and not really any worse off than using a 41 magnum. The two have very similar ballistics actually.

Especially if you use some of the heavier weight slugs. I wouldn't really want to use a 1/5 oz slug though which are common loads today. That's only .20 of an ounce.

But the heavier weight slug loads would do fine. Especially at the distances that I hunt.

Here's an interesting read. I urge you to read to the end though.
http://fourten.org.uk/mwslug.html

Thanks. Saved the link. Almost bedtime for bozo.

Interesting story on several levels. The history of the Lyman mold, ballistics of different slugs and calibers, and of course the story of Ed Hines.

Back