• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
The "issue" I see is you are using the shock bushings as reference for "exact-ish" measurements. What if the bushings are deformed? Looking good, though! :)

There are lots more issues than that, and I will have to make some more exact measurements as I’m doing the welding set up.

But locating the Centerline was relatively easy and it had nothing to do with the shock towers. The Volkswagen actually has convenient factory centerline points, but I ran an offset line to avoid removing the stick and handbrake. I used a yellow sewing thread, so that mark would be more exact, and it’s hard to see in the photograph.

The fiberglass body work is flexible enough that I can’t rely on it for any kind of critical measurements, and it will have to conform to the frame that I build. All the measurements will have to come from my centerline.

I picked up some more used tubing today, so I think I am well prepared to continue bobbing & trimming.

Good morning from Oklahoma. We had some rain move through sometime before 7am. The sky is clearing now and the temp is a very pleasant 72f, or 22.2 c for the rest of the world.

Have a great day and be safe.

Hey guys. Lots of work today, cleaning up the shop, & cleaning some used steel and recovering steel panels from an old Navy desk.

This big hole needs plugin’!
85BA1D4C-BBFF-4117-874F-3F88D1951CC4.jpeg

I didn’t mention this, but I may have had a minor stroke Saturday night. I had an enormously bad case of indigestion and heartburn, and I was up and down all night long. My blood pressure was terrible, And every arthritic bit was aching.

My right eyeball was tender and sore and Sunday morning I woke up with this.
77C48538-9874-4BA0-84E9-63399780FFB7.jpeg
Is this the same shit that happened to Joe Biden right before he was elected president?

The blood in the eye is from high blood pressure. I had some terrible headaches, but otherwise who knows?

Anyhow, my bp was up to 159/88, but it’s down to 142/81. Sure could be lower…

Resting pulse is only 53.

The blood in the eye is from high blood pressure. I had some terrible headaches, but otherwise who knows?

Anyhow, my bp was up to 159/88, but it’s down to 142/81. Sure could be lower…

Resting pulse is only 53.
My mom had a couple strokes but is still functional. My younger brother had a bad headache for a day and died of an aneurysm the next day. I don’t dick with anything connected to my head internally. I ain’t payin for my docs boat, while I check webmd…lol

Last edited:
My brother-in-law had a real stroke that made him half disabled. I sure didn’t sign up for that.

Hopefully this is just something minor like Covid or tuberculosis or lung cancer, because I’m really not up for any kind of brain surgery at my age.

If my bp doesn’t drop some more I’ll be worried though.

Anyhow this was nothing like a real stroke to me, But I’m not a doctor and I haven’t seen one yet.

Tomorrow I will see the OD.

Good morning to all of yous. We are headed for triple digits, again.

Cadd, I hope your doc visit goes well. He will probably tell you to pull the Nomad out and take a ride, or maybe go fishing. Either should be good for your Bp.

In all seriousness, I hope it goes well.

Have a great day all of you.

Thank you Meanie. The fact is that all the work is probably ok for my blood pressure, because the stress of delay & of not getting things done is what’s killing me. I always feel better once I am actually getting something done.

Anyhow last night was much better and my eye is feeling better. Not so inflamed and irritated, although it is still rather red.

There has been a lot of smoke in the air here on and off, as the winds shift. That’s a big deal. I haven’t started the charcoal smoker in 3 months.

I was supposed to go to the OD anyway and order new eyeglasses, but frankly I’m not up to a lot of running around or close eye examination right now.

2F2F0E17-0CC4-4291-986A-890E41F04F83.jpeg

I have a 9” grinder, and this is it with a 7” cup. I was able to get out and work out for a while last evening.
FE10397C-E678-428E-B299-236BEEA4E507.jpeg
Burnishing the metal exposes the cracks and I checked the rails and only found this one which I must repair. The other rail has a crack in exactly the same place, but I had to drill a hole there to end the crack.
115012E6-8277-470F-AE39-B844C67B7E78.jpeg

If you don’t drill first, The heat of welding can cause the crack to get longer, and you might just keep welding it up until you get to the other end of the metal.

Anyhow, those cracks are undoubtedly related to me doing wheelies on my dad’s garden tractor.

...Cadd, I hope your doc visit goes well. He will probably tell you to pull the Nomad out and take a ride...

Meanie, you must have been reading my mind. When you wrote that I was on my Ninja [11am EDT] just pulling up to top off w/ $3+ gas.
It was a great ride and cured all my health complaints for an hour.

I challenge the rest of the Hooligans that are on the board and the rest of you riders to get out and take the cure!

Good morning. Clear skies, 75 degrees with a light southerly breeze. It's a beauty so far. This afternoon we probably will have 100+ for a couple of hours.

Right now I'm on the back porch with the dog and a cup of coffee watching and listening to Tulsa start her day. It's amazing how things can change in 30 minutes .

You all have a great day.

Back