• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

Need something to rinse the bad news out of your eyes?

REMEMBER V-J DAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 1945

tumblr_n9v566sxFS1suchdko1_500.jpg

On one hand agreed, on the other our fathers and grandfathers must be honored.

On the last minutes then, a salute to my parents. Dad served thru 3 wars, and was on a hospital ship coming back around Panama to New York when we dropped the bombs on Japan.
They were service folks for 30 years. This was their Honeymoon, so you can trace my life directly, to mere hours after the photo.

IMG_20170717_0001.jpg

BTW, that pic was taken at the Coney Island near Cincinnati.

Dad went out in early 1945, on the brand new cruiser, Columbus.
CA74 Columbus-Monaco.jpg

He came home on the aging Henderson, & missing a bit of leg. He was struck by loose cargo on ship, during rough seas. No purple heart, as they hadn't seen combat. Dad was a new seaman on a shakedown cruise, and the war was well over before he healed.

Henderson_(AP1)._Transport.jpg
Henderson was a WW1 transport, later converted to a hospital ship. Those are both old stock photos from the web.

Nice pictures Cadd. Back then folks had to actually think about taking pics. They had to carry a camera, film, flash bulbs, and enough of all so as not to run out. Then there was the light, focus, and background.

It was a far cry from today's world of cell phones that take incredible photos and use no film.

On the last minutes then, a salute to my parents. Dad served thru 3 wars, and was on a hospital ship coming back around Panama to New York when we dropped the bombs on Japan.
They were service folks for 30 years. This was their Honeymoon, so you can trace my life directly, to mere hours after the photo.

View attachment 25738
Oooof! I got screwed up here. I though I was in the V-J Day thread.

How I feel about the war in Ashcanistan:
View attachment 25748
John Belushi and the movie 1942. I seen that movie in the theaters and I still love it to this day!

View attachment 25738
Not sure how my first reply did not go threw? So I will redo it. On my father's 17th birthday he and my uncle both got up and walked out of class at the beginning of the day and went to their guidance counselors and dropped out of school, then they both enlisted in the army and went to Korea. My mother and father have been together since the 6th grade and they're still together today. My father and my uncle like your father were cut from a much thicker cloth than the "men" of today. May the Lord bless your father for the sacrifices he made and you for carrying on his traditions and courage!! And on a side note my father's guidance counselor was my principal in high school. Small town America rocks!!

Back