• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chest rigs

For years I went with surplus,Rothco or Condor and made it threw. But the 5.11 Tac Pro is unbelievably comfortable compared to the rest. $.02. But work has been crazy for the entire year and had several months of 55--70hr weeks and that helped.

Mine is a condor plate carrier.

Thick foam padding and AR500 steel plates on front and back

Several SMG mag pouches. And medical pouch (stop leak, etc) and a mag dump pouch on the side.

Weighs about as much as a 1978 winnebago.

Mine is a condor plate carrier.

Thick foam padding and AR500 steel plates on front and back

Several SMG mag pouches. And medical pouch (stop leak, etc) and a mag dump pouch on the side.

Weighs about as much as a 1978 winnebago.
I went with the Vizm plates, both weight what 1 AR Plate does. Just hope we never need them!

@TheRude1

We hope you don't need them either.

Nice looking set-ups. The Gerber Strong-arm is a nice touch. Great knife!

I would add para cord loops or Magpul loops to the AR mag floor plates.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...agpul-5-56nato-3pack.html?mp_global_color=118

Do you have a front BUIS that I can't see?

Anyway, I like.
Thanks, ref the para cord the fewer thing I have to snag the better($.02) and yes the strongarm is my preferred fixed blade, are there better? YES but for the $ it's a dang good knife. BUIS ?? Ya got me on that one. Otherwise I'll show what I have cause it is not a crime (yet)

Just saw this, guess I'll throw my hat into the ring.

IMG_20210816_160913.jpg

This is my current setup, based on Rhodesian-style vests. I actually haven't had a chance to run this gear yet but it's replaced my old web gear setup as I wasn't satisfied with it for long term comfort. Too many straps that moved around and my IFAK pulled everything down in the back. This is much better.

It's a Condor MCR with Eagle Industries double magazine pouches, a USMC IFAK carrier, and a VTAC Shotgun Pouch. I added the admin pouch with paracord. The compass pouch on the shoulder (Eagle Industries single grenade pouch) is a bit of a holdover from the M1956 that I couldn't resist. There's lot of the same stuff I had on my web belt but I did away with a lot of things that didn't need to be a part of the fighting load; hydration has been moved to my pack and my knife is now on my pants belt. This also gives me the option of using different sidearms and holsters without changing my gear if I ever do get a pistol.

I usually run it with the ammo pouches closed to avoid snagging, I opened them for the picture to show off the contents. Four Esstac 7rd shot cards with surplus 00 buck. Someday I might leave the pouches open and use the velcro to hold four more cards but I don't have that many right now.

Updated Pic:

IMG_20211030_133802.jpg

Last edited:
Have a few updates on my setup. I've had a camelbak that's been leaking for years now so I haven't really used it. Pulled it out the other day to find out it's only because the hose had unscrewed about 1/4 of a turn. Tightened it back up and it's good to go.
I found an old MOLLE hydration carrier that I think I got for airsoft in high school. Since my MCR is pretty similar to an RRV I was able to attach it with very little hassle. It disconnects from the clips on the shoulders so I can take it off very quickly if I need to wear a pack, my pack has canteens on it so I wouldn't be losing all my water this way.

I also decided on a different use for the five-shot card on my admin pouch, it seemed like the perfect place to hold some alternate loads. Since I have the rig loaded up with buckshot currently I put five slugs in it. Personally I'm starting to prefer slugs for the type of situations this rig is for so once the buckshot runs out I'll probably fill it all back up with those.

ChestRigCurrent.jpg

Edit: updated pic

Last edited:
Have a few updates on my setup. I've had a camelbak that's been leaking for years now so I haven't really used it. Pulled it out the other day to find out it's only because the hose had unscrewed about 1/4 of a turn. Tightened it back up and it's good to go.
I found an old MOLLE hydration carrier that I think I got for airsoft in high school. Since my MCR is pretty similar I was able to attach it with very little hassle. It disconnects from the clips on the shoulders so I can take it off very quickly if I need to wear a pack, my pack has canteens on it so I wouldn't be losing all my water this way.

I also decided on a different use for the five-shot card on my admin pouch, it seemed like the perfect place to hold some alternate loads. Since I have the rig loaded up with buckshot currently I put five slugs in it. Personally I'm starting to prefer slugs for the type of situations this rig is for so once the buckshot runs out I'll probably fill it all back up with those.

View attachment 26292
Nice and slick setup :thumbsup:

I found an old MOLLE hydration carrier that I think I got for airsoft in high school. Since my MCR is pretty similar I was able to attach it with very little hassle. It disconnects from the clips on the shoulders so I can take it off very quickly if I need to wear a pack, my pack has canteens on it so I wouldn't be losing all my water this way.

View attachment 26292
I leave my tube at least a half turn out to save the O-ring. Just have to remember to tighten it up when needed, guessing I have time to fill it I have time to tighten it. If I have to throw and go I have 3 of the small bags of water in the corner of a pouch if needed till I have a few to get the bladder filled. Nice rig!

I leave my tube at least a half turn out to save the O-ring. Just have to remember to tighten it up when needed, guessing I have time to fill it I have time to tighten it. If I have to throw and go I have 3 of the small bags of water in the corner of a pouch if needed till I have a few to get the bladder filled. Nice rig!
You're talking about those little packets of "emergency water" right? I like that idea, I might pick some up too.

Back