• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot Magazine Disassembly

Can anyone tell me how to remove the spring and follower from these magazines? I'm having feeding issues and I'm sure it has to do with the spring /follower.

This seems as good a place as any to post magazine information. Short action magazines are as hard to find as hen's teeth. Even Mossberg is out. As of this morning there were some listed on ebay and GunBroker. Jump on them if you need one.

This seems as good a place as any to post magazine information. Short action magazines are as hard to find as hen's teeth. Even Mossberg is out. As of this morning there were some listed on ebay and GunBroker. Jump on them if you need one.
Are these AR style mags

Push the follower all the way to the bottom of magazine well . There are( 2 false walls ). You will see what I’m talking about when you push the follower to the bottom. While holding the follower down you will need to slide one of if you both of the side wall pieces out . I had to do one at time .
I’m also having feeding issues with a magazine I ordered from mossberg .
When I load the magazine it points the tips of the shells down.
So I emailed mossberg . The guy that email me back asked if I tried to turn the follower around. So I learned to disassemble a mossberg Patriot magazine about a hour ago. I did as suggested. Of course that did nothing to help.
Lucky the one that came with the rifle worked.
I would love to have a extra magazine for my Mossberg Patriot.350 L . I don’t think I’m going to get another good magazine. I waited almost a year after I got the rifle to get a magazine for it . Finally got it last Friday, I loaded it up and quickly found out it wasn’t going to feed the ammunition.
Not sure if Mossberg is going to replace the magazine or not . Probably going to have to wait another 2-3 days for them to reply my email.
Is there a company that makes after market magazine’s for the Patriot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Push the follower all the way to the bottom of magazine well . There are( 2 false walls ). You will see what I’m talking about when you push the follower to the bottom. While holding the follower down you will need to slide one of if you both of the side wall pieces out . I had to do one at time .
I’m also having feeding issues with a magazine I ordered from mossberg .
When I load the magazine it points the tips of the shells down.
So I emailed mossberg . The guy that email me back asked if I tried to turn the follower around. So I learned to disassemble a mossberg Patriot magazine about a hour ago. I did as suggested. Of course that did nothing to help.
Lucky the one that came with the rifle worked.
I would love to have a extra magazine for my Mossberg Patriot.350 L . I don’t think I’m going to get another good magazine. I waited almost a year after I got the rifle to get a magazine for it . Finally got it last Friday, I loaded it up and quickly found out it wasn’t going to feed the ammunition.
Not sure if Mossberg is going to replace the magazine or not . Probably going to have to wait another 2-3 days for them to reply my email.
Is there a company that makes after market magazine’s for the Patriot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply 46camper. I don't know if any company that makes magazines for them besides Mossberg. It may be with it to try another factory magazine.

Back