• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I always wondered why we couldn't pump water from flooded areas (for example) to drought-stricken ones. Pumps can be powered hydro-electrically. We can build fuel pipelines that are 1000s of miles long, why not water?
We already have a pipeline like that here, LA gets most of its water from the Owens Valley up north.

With proper engineering, depending on the geography, you can go quite a ways without pumping. There are two pretty big water supply lines, (52,60”) down the road from my house that are gravity fed from their source at the Tacoma municipal supply lines. That is over 30 miles away and has elevation changes from sea level to 400’+. As long as they stay higher than here, the water flows.

With proper engineering, depending on the geography, you can go quite a ways without pumping. There are two pretty big water supply lines, (52,60”) down the road from my house that are gravity fed from their source at the Tacoma municipal supply lines. That is over 30 miles away and has elevation changes from sea level to 400’+. As long as they stay higher than here, the water flows.
The Romans built aqueducts that carried water hundreds of miles without pumps. A lot of them are still around too, some are even still in use.

But the biggest issue isn't the how, it's the why. And for most politicians "because it fosters industry growth and will help create a healthier, better standard of living" isn't good enough if it doesn't help them line their pockets somehow. Gavin Newsom is an unapologetic, selfish tyrant who does not care one bit about his state.

Good morning, Mossies.
I just noticed that my forum stats say:

Scoop

So when I hit "Post Reply" below I'll be at 2400/3200. So what?

-- Yes, I am a numbers nerd.

Actually we all have more than the current numbers show because, as you probably remember, a couple of years ago the server took a dump and we never recovered the threads or messages. But congrats on 2400!

Regards

Good morning,

This may be an unpopular opinion but I've always thought that armory numbers on military rifles can look badass. Just adds a little bit of flair to what is usually a pretty plain part of the rifle. The Marine Corps style for shotguns is usually hand painted without a stencil on the side of the receiver with blood red paint.

It took ten minutes this afternoon and I don't think it looks half bad:

gearcurrent.jpg

"91" for the 91st Psalm.

If you look closely you can see a bit of surgical tubing on my paracord sling mount, I added that to add a bit of rigidity and act as a roller when I adjust my sling. It actually pulls the whole system together and helps everything work much more smoothly.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The seat mounting turned out to be a big pita. There should have been 2 left hand seat rails and 2 rights. There were, evidently, only 4 lefts originallly supplied.

They were used anyhow, which threw off the hole patterns on the floor. That threw the driver’s seat in a tilt, as the incorrect seat rail landed on a raised corner in the pan.

Each seat also had one rail upside down. They are not symmetrical. This caused the seats to turn slightly, dislocating the bolt holes. Finally, when the seat tracks were bolted to the seat frames they were not located parallel and square to each other, plus the driver seat frame has been sat on by a gorilla, and it was slightly bent. (I straightened that out quite easily.

In both cases the seats ended up contacting the doors: one leaning out, hitting the seat back at the door latch, and one rotating slightly out of position to do the same.

I have already done a lot of fussing around to get these seats aligned in the car, but there are no floor mats or carpets yet, & I still need to do some bodywork to close the gaps at the edge of the floor pan along the doors.

So today I will get out the torch and start bending some steel to fit the curve in the body. This will be the last mod before I title the car.

I’m not happy at all with the fuel line situation and I’m going to change the tank as well, but I think this will just have to wait Until after Christmas. I don’t really need the car to be operational unless the weather is really nice like it was yesterday. :doh:

It is nearly lunchtime and the weather is still gloomy, overcast and damp. So I’m gonna light off the welding torch and bend some steel.

I’m still wondering and hoping about Meanstreak. I am hoping that he just found something better to do.

@CaddmannQ that looks like quite an interesting project that you have going there. My wrenching lately has been much more common.

*yawn*
It was 1AM when my wife stumbled out to the garage and told me to stop drilling. I was on the last seat bolt: #8.

The seats are still not in the right position. They both need to move closer to the tunnel. They interfere with the doors.

This car will have a lot of extra holes to plug in the floor.;(

December 7, 1941 at approximately 8 am

On the morning of December 7, 1941, Japanese bombers staged a surprise attack on U.S. military and naval forces in Hawaii. In a devastating defeat, the United States suffered 3,435 casualties and loss of or severe damage to 188 planes, 8 battleships, 3 light cruisers, and 4 miscellaneous vessels. Japanese losses were less than 100 personnel, 29 planes, and 5 midget submarines.

The day after the attack, before a joint session of Congress, President Roosevelt asked Congress for a declaration of war against Japan.

A Day to Remember in History

Back