• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Your State might start incarcerating non-vaxed, C19 cases, and CONTACTS

SRCrawford, as unfortunate as your experiences were, at least that gave you more of an idea of where you stand as a man and I respect that.

I hate to be one to say this, but the rest of life isn't going to fair or comfy either. But, never lose sight of yourself and never stop thinking for yourself. You're not drudging through life alone. And you're not the only person that has to deal with that crap either.

S. R. Crawford, I don't remember where you are in your military service but a few years ago, I met a young Army guy who after he got out following several overseas deployments went to gunsmitting school in Colorado under the G.I. benefits he'd earned. Following graduation, a local gunsmith took him on and he's been there working full-time now for several years. He's now married and has a young daughter and all doing fine. It's a great career and many of the older gunsmith's are reaching retirement age.

Don't forget your dream. It's certainly achievable if you work hard and stay focused in this crazy world.

Regards

S. R. Crawford, I don't remember where you are in your military service but a few years ago, I met a young Army guy who after he got out following several overseas deployments went to gunsmitting school in Colorado under the G.I. benefits he'd earned. Following graduation, a local gunsmith took him on and he's been there working full-time now for several years. He's now married and has a young daughter and all doing fine. It's a great career and many of the older gunsmith's are reaching retirement age.

Don't forget your dream. It's certainly achievable if you work hard and stay focused in this crazy world.

Regards
I was discharged last November for medical reasons. I'm currently in welding school so I can probably work my way up into anything else I end up wanting to do.

I was discharged last November for medical reasons. I'm currently in welding school so I can probably work my way up into anything else I end up wanting to do.
Plenty of work for welders and the pay is good.

I'm not a believer in unions getting political but I do believe they can help young men and women get into a good trade. The unions around here (central FL) are starving for apprentices...

I just keep thinking, Let's go Brandon. Let's GO! Just GO!

"This is an example of a government pinhead run amok on power".... C.K.Chumley

Plenty of work for welders and the pay is good.

I'm not a believer in unions getting political but I do believe they can help young men and women get into a good trade. The unions around here (central FL) are starving for apprentices...

I am not surprised. The unions have (or try for) control of who works and for how much. It's all very soviet. The better the job, the more they control. The more you make, the more they make, no matter how that was achieved. They took automatic credit.

Also, the part where they threaten people covertly. That's probably hard to do now days.

The teamsters had "bouncers" to make sure people knew what was what. Perhaps things are not so in Florida. That was Central Cal in the 70s/80s

That's the America where I grew up. I welded and fixed machines along the way. Fine experience!

I went from dragging newspapers on my toboggan in the snow, to senior network geek at a nice successful engineering company.

Never think for a moment success isn't possible.

Perhaps things are not so in Florida.

FL is a "Right-to-Work" state. For example: say I wanted to become a teacher in a public school. In lesser states you have to join the Teacher's Union to get hired but not here. AFIAK, the teachers "union" has nothing to do with training a new teacher. If anything, they fight so the teacher requires LESS training. :rolleyes:

As far as the skilled trade unions, there is plenty of work here to go around. Pipe Fitters, HVAC, Plumbers, Sheet Metal all are in demand. If you get an apprenticeship you WILL be expected to "pay your dues" literally and figuratively... :)

It's not required to join the teacher's union here. But they make it a problem, and they just take the money anyway.

Go figure . . .

I recall paying $12/week to the teamsters when my after tax pay was about $157.
Sounds like so little, and there was insurance etc.

Back then that $12 was about 50 gallons of gas or $250 in Bidenbux.

Back