• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I didn’t get the exotic dancer joke at all.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather has been beautiful here, encouraging me to go out and cook on the Weber.
8D0168D1-27AA-4BBD-AD45-ED01352674FD.jpeg
Actually we ate part of that chicken Wednesday & last night I made chicken pizza out of part of it. Tonight I will make a chicken casserole out of the rest.

I’m telling you these modern chickens are huge!

Unfortunately my neck has been really stiff and creaky, and I have been lounging around a lot and just messing with my tropical fish. I haven’t thought about any heavy duty work for the past few days.

CAD74EFA-9206-4B2E-9DAD-DFE1725D7521.jpeg Sunflower has been fighting. He has a big bruise on his snoot.

Dogs can be so funny.

First time I saw my dog asleep like that, I thought he was dead. HAHA

Good morning. Sunny skies and already 42. Mid 50s later this afternoon.

I have been watching some the goings on in Ottawa. I will take that to the convoy thread

Ya'll have a great day.

So good afternoon Mossberg Owners.

Well today, in order, I moved my workbench and heavy vise. I moved my anvil. I moved my boat out of the boat yard and turned it around. I moved my tablesaw and my miter saw. I moved half a ton of miscellaneous steel. I moved my grinders out to the work shed which is now the welding shed. I moved my anvil and my steel rack. I moved the doors and axle from the 47 Plymouth (which are on a cart.) I moved a couple other carts around. I moved my TIG welder and my torch kit out to the work shed. I moved my motorcycle from the boat yard into the garage. I moved the kit car body around on its carts to clear the garage floor, and I moved my portable workbench. I put the boat back in the boat yard the correct way and put the garbage cans all back in. I jimmied and jiggled everything around until I got it to fit the way I wanted and finally I brought my wife’s car in the garage and put the door down.

It’s still all chaos out in the boat yard but at this point I am pooped.
image.jpg
And so now, in that finest of American traditions, it’s Miller time. But I don’t have a fridge in the work shed so I’ll settle for some black jack number seven Tennessee whiskey.

Good morning all of yous. Partly cloudy skies and 57 already. This will be our last warm day for about a week.

Ya'll have a great day.

Evening Mossberg Owners.

I sure wish we could do without Facebook. And my whole family is posting on the damn thing. It’s like they got no moral convictions at all.

There’s not a whole lot going on here today. It was beautiful weather out but it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I covered up everything tight with tarps. This absolutely guarantees there will be none of this rain that we desperately need, but I don’t want my tools to rust.
I fixed a little cart that had a bent wheel on it and tidied up my tools and clamps in the work shed.

Otherwise I sat around trying to figure out how I was gonna jig up this car frame and make it come out straight without spending a fortune on heavy iron.

I think I am going to literally epoxy steel pads down to my concrete slab. This will carry some skeleton work, to establish the key points on the chassis from which everything must flow.

I expect to do almost all the welding from the top of the chassis, and I am designing all the joints such that this can happen.

However some welding will be necessary from underneath. In fact I will have to crawl underneath and do some overhead welding before everything will be strong enough to flip over and weld off the bottom.

I only have a very basic idea of the frame construction I will build, & I haven’t worked out all the rubber body mounts yet either.

Instead of trying to incorporate off-the-shelf rubber body mounts, I may come up with a steel peg/plastic socket system, that allows me to pour the body mounts in place, using polyurethane.

Alternately, I can bolt off-the-shelf body mounts to the steel frame, and then create various semi-encapsulating fiberglass sockets around them on the body shell.

But before I can do any work out there I have to come up with a new steel rack and get all of my steel tubes and bars off my welding cart. Without that cart I don’t have a good place to build any subassemblies.

We will see if the predicted rain keeps me out of the boat yard tomorrow.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today my lovely wife turned 66 years old. At least that’s what she tells me. I haven’t checked her drivers license.

It was supposed to rain today, but I spoiled that by covering up all my tools with plastic tarps.

I have been hoping to get out fishing but things have just not lined up. Now the weather has turned colder but I don’t want to go.

I wish you a happy Tuesday.

Last edited:
Good morning to yous.

Happy birthday to Judy. That's a once in a lifetime happening, the date that is

I started readin a book Saturday morning and finished this morning.image.jpegThe book was riveting and intense. I hope we as a nation never have to go through what the book is about.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Morning, Mossies!

Meanie, I read One Second After about 10 years ago. It is a fascinating book with a premise that really interested me intellectually.
The question is "what happens when an electromagnetic pulse detonated over is a technology-dependent society?"

I won't give much away but there were two story lines [of many] that caught my attention.
1) What happens to certain person dependent on the constant supply of meds?
2) The importance of having some useful survival skills. What happens to a PhD who has no skills beyond her schooling? She has to trade her...
Never mind. Get the book!

Back