• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

When I heard it come up over the mountain and saw it nose-on, I thought it was a DC3, But then I saw the tail and the wings were all wrong. I tried to take a video of it but in the rocking of the boat all I managed was a fuzzy shot of the tail section.

So good afternoon, Mossberg Owner/operators.

I finally went into the clinic on Monday and got a Covid test so they would let me in the door. Did I mention this? Anyhow, no Covid, but they gave me some antibiotics for the sore throat.

It feels like it’s clearing up and I’m feeling much better. I got my tax docs all together, and today I went to the tax accountant.

It’s an hour across town and back and I was starving so I took Judy out for brunch. A full order of biscuits and gravy is now $9.99.

I did the small one and some scrambled eggs and tea with sausage patties.

Then, we went grocery shopping. $$$

I’m gonna go throw some charcoal in the Weber smoky mountain, and throw on a marinated pork roast.

…and now it’s Miller time.

Hey you guys. While we were out fishing, this buzzed the lake. He was flat-hatting over the hills at the lowest possible altitude.

Unfortunately I did not get a good photograph and I was hoping maybe you guys could ID the plane or tell me something about it.
View attachment 26912
Hey @Scoop !
Surprised no one else has jumped on this yet, it's a Lockheed Martin C-130 in USAF colors. It's a four-engined turboprop military transport, and the smallest transport airplane (C designation) flown by the US armed forces. It's designed for shorter fields than larger aircraft like the C-17 and can operate from unpaved runways.

Good morning Meanstreak.

I’ve been working on some little welding projects, and trying to get my motorcycle cleaned up.
it has been sitting in my shed for a year and a half while I worked on the SS 100 replica and it collected a lot of dust in that time in spite of the fact that it was covered up.

The chrome has taken a little damage too, but I guess you have to expect this on an 18 year old motorcycle.
anyway I am juggling several projects around for working space and today I had to clean up part of my Volkswagen area to temporarily put the clean parts of my motorcycle as I take it apart and polish everything.

I’m going to buy myself a bicycle so I can take Judy bicycle riding instead of just having her chase me on my skateboard. I don’t expect to do that much riding so almost anything will do as long as it’s big enough for me.
There are too many kinds of bicycles available. I’m probably just going to buy a very generalized bicycle with a sturmy-archer three speed hub.

Good morning Cadd and all you MOers. We had a couple of chilly, 40s, cloudy days with a little rain. Now we re headed back in the proper direction.

I'm going to the Wannemacher gun show today. It's billed as the worlds largest. Today is for vendors and guests only and I have a friend that has a friend that knows a guy. Anyways, it won't be too crowded.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning all. We had some much needed rain last night. We could use more, but that too shall come.

It looks like a nice weekend in store for us as well, sunny and temps in the 70s.

I went to the Wannemacher gun show yesterday. The prices on guns were what I thought were jacked up. On the other hand, purchasing one was not a requirement for entry.

I did buy a small kissing cranes pocket knife.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Good morning. Yesterday was a work around the yard day. We had a high of 70. I ended the day at the dog park.

Today looks like 77-78 by mid afternoon. I'm pretty certain another trip to the dog park is in order.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Afternoon guys.

Last night I finished the welding and cleaning on the bike cart. I put a coat of paint on it, which almost dried overnight, so I reassembled the cart.

image.jpg

The weak spot in the whole deal was the gooseneck tube where it clamps to the frame. I did not want it to kink, and so I reinforced it seriously at this point.

image.jpg I did this with a torch and it’s not real pretty but it does have a serial number stamped on the gooseneck. “EMT”.

Halfway through doing that my washing machine started making a very strange noise. When it was through washing I grabbed a 1/2” socket and took a good look underneath.

The nut on the big pulley which drives the drum and the transmission had come loose. This is a known problem if you have one of these top loading Maytag, Kenmore, roper, etc washers with LED control panel.

Mine got so loose that it cut a whole through the belt guard but this made it easy to tighten the nut. I tipped it up on a small jackstand, and I had my wife hold the drum while I tightened the nut on the main pulley. But when I put the machine back down it did not work.

I picked it up again, and this time I removed the belt guard completely, because I realized that the belt had fallen completely off the big pulley. Here’s what it looks like.
28DBEFA8-2863-4B76-9546-B83E98441FF3.jpeg

This is a spare Drive unit from my old machine and fortunately I didn’t have to put it in.

You have to loosen two half inch motor mount bolts to relieve the tension, but then you can put it right back on.

Anyhow it works perfectly now and I don’t think there was any permanent damage, but I left off the damaged belt guard.15FBB341-67E9-412E-AB38-ED47BBDF3D86.jpeg
You can see how the loose pulley cut right through the plastic.

Last edited:
Here you can see a little welding I did before I wire-brushed and painted. It only looks a little better than your average farmer. Look at that magnificent HAZ.
4C4310E8-723E-4D2B-A355-74B759359CAA.jpeg
By the way I had to change tips while building that cart because while the 000 tip was perfect for welding .030, it was not good enough to fillet weld the 0.060 brackets to 0.050 bumper.

I built the thing upside down and screwed up, and my bumper came out upside down. It has a welded seam on the tube, and it should’ve come out on the bottom.

I did not try to remove every scar from the tubing where the old rails have been cut loose.

Good morning y'all. Worked in the closet all day yesterday.

Literally.

Empty it out.

Do a wire fish in the wall and put in a closet light

Put everything back in closet.

Hurt the rest of the day and night LOL

One bit of advice, don't call the hardware store and ask them how much 1x10x8 pine shelving costs. I asked the guy to repeat it because I thought I heard him wrong. $29.53 each.

Plus tax.

Sorry, guy but you've lost your mind.

She didn't really mean it when she said she wanted a bunch of shelves in there anyway. Least that's what I kept telling myself until she got back home to look at the progress I made and I explained that it would've costed over $300 for what she wanted me to do.

Then she agreed. Turns out she didn't want them that bad either. But by george, with the light in there, at least you can see what you're looking for now.

Back