• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Re: My 930

Very nice, what did you use to paint it with? How do you like the 930?

I used wal-mart camo krylon paint. My M-4 looks alot better than my 930. I love it personaly. A friend of mine has a 930 that me uses for dove hunting and swears he'll never use 2 3/4 in shells again. I told him to clean it. Never had a problem with it.

what kind of finish does the paint leave? like a grainy sandpapery finish?

surprisingly not really. it's not so much grainy as it is course...does that make sense? lol

Looks good. Did u put any type of clear cost over it or did u just leave it after you sprayed it

no clear coat, that would make it shiny, as for keeping the paint on, I take special care to not get any solvent on the plastic parts, other than that it doesn't peel

Oooh Sweet! I love that Krylon camo! Its ultra flat, and I use it on corduras, and ballistic nylon because it doesnt peel or chip or flake. Walmart is the only place I've been able to find it.

Nice work Fox!

I want this!

85360.jpg

I def want the matte finish, not so sure about the sights though. Any feed back on that is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: I want this!

I know if I was to buy a mossberg 930 that this SPX model would likely be it. I am not sure I would change anything on it. I say go for it.

The sights on that gun are made by LPA, they are out of Italy and are some of the best, if not the best ghost ring sights money can buy. What has always impressed me about the 930 is that it came with LPA sights and yet the 930 is still so inexpensive. Those sights retail for $200 from www.precisionsights.com/ who is the US distributor for those sights. Compare that cost with the cost of a 930 SPX and you really start to understand what a bargain the 930 SPX is. My Benelli M4 came with LPA sights. But I promise you it cost me a whole lot more money than the cost of a Mossberg 930 SPX. My advice if you are in the market for a gas operated semi-auto 12ga the 930 SPX fits the bill. It will perform with the M4 and SLP but cost way less and it has the same sights. :)

Dang, shoulda bought it when I had the chance for $480 new in the box. Another day... its goin on the list!

Where did you find the mossberg 930 SPX for 480 new?

$480 before tax. At the gun shop in Cincy, it was last years model on sale and they had 2, one just like the pic I put up and the other with the 6 position stock for a bit more. They had the new ones coming in. I didnt jump on it then... oh well.

Yea that is a pretty sweet deal for a mossberg 930 SPX

Current price on the 930 SPX is $580, best I can find right now.

If you have to have the LPAs, this is the best way to do it.
If you can live without them and just want to run an MRDS then I would get the Security model, put a Nordic extension on there, and then get an aftermarket rail. Put whatever MRDS on that you want, and you will likely avoid any chance of virtually all of the problems that have been found with this gun.

Good deal! I appreciate that as I plan for the 930 to be my next purchase... one day. :)

Back