• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Accessories...

More 464 goodies on the way

The May 2010 issue of Guns and Ammo Magazine has an excellent interview with Mossberg CEO, Iver Mossberg. Iver gives a hint of things to come for the 464.

The lever action is now only in plain-vanilla .30-30 and .22, but you will see almost an endless array of chamberings, octagonal barrels, saddle rings and wood choices...

I'd love to see the 464 in .45-70 with a straight walnut stock. Or maybe Mossberg could offer some useful accessories like a good leather loop guard, iron sight options, replacement stocks and forearms (like they already do for many of their other guns). Imagine the possibilities. The 464 is an accurate, no-frills gun that could be modified by the owner to fit his particular needs, ala Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/content/zeroing-withiver-mossberg

Re: More 464 goodies on the way

Excellent find, that is some very promising news for the mossberg 464 lever action. I look forward to seeing what mossberg ends up doing with this. It would be nice to see some options as I think that is the only thing the mossberg 464 lever action is missing. Your right, it is a real gem! Thanks for the information.

Looking for a replacement, high quality stock. Has anyone seen someone making stocks? Also curios if anyone has info on converting from straight stock to pistol grip (I notice the lever is curved on the pistol grip for starters).

I may be able to help you with some of this... How high quality do you wanna go? I can put you in touch with some folks.

Another option are the Havlins, Havlin Sales. I've been told from Mossberg they are the "go to" folks for Mossberg parts that may otherwise be impossible to find. If they cant get it, dont have it, they'll make it.

Well, I am not looking to spend a lot of money on it, really just wanted to upgrade my rifle to the pistol grip on the newer model. Just called Mossberg, and they aren't offering the pistol grip separately, so if anyone would like to swap the furniture on a pistol grip 464 for a straight stocker I'm game (I'll throw in some cash too :)

I put a Skinner Lo-Pro peep on my 464 and it works great. Much better than the factory rear sight for me. I drifted the factory rear sight out and plan on replacing it with a Lyman #12 slot blank to fill in the dovetail. You have to drift the front post for windage adjustment (like most iron sights), but once you get it set then you're good to go. Sooner or later I'll get some pics of my setup and see if I can figure out how to post them.

Sounds like a great setup on your Mossberg 464 lever action. I look forward to seeing pictures of it posted.

Man, I've been falling down on the job! I said I'd post some pics and its been a month and a half and I haven't gotten to it yet. I should get them taken on Friday and I'll try to get them up then...

Your Mossberg 464 lever action came out great. That skinner lo-pro peep sight looks great!

does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount a sling to the stainless 464? The fore grip is too thin to use the studs that I bought. Nobody seems to make a stainless clamp that will mount to the mag tube.

Hello all. New 464 owner here. I need to replace the factory sights. The Skinner looks pretty good. I've also seen mention of sights by Williams. I've searched their web site, but don't see anything for the 464. If any of you know which of the Williams models will work on a 464, please let me know. Also, I've heard of sights from Lyman. I haven't looked into that, yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the first trip to the range, this weekend.

Nick

I got the Skinner Lo Pro. Ordered it on a Friday morning. I got a notice that it shipped that same afternoon. It arrived in the mail on Monday. Pretty quick IMHO. Put it on the rifle for a quick look. I think it is going to be too high. I will probably need to trim a bit off of the bottom to get the sight down to where it needs to be.

Keep us updated and be sure to post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Update on the Skinner Lo Pro rear sight... It ain't workin'. The sight will not get low enough to sight in well. With the sight down as low as it can go, shots are 8in high at 50yds. I wrote to the people at Skinner and they suggested that I get a taller front sight. So now, if anyone has suggestions on front sights, please let me know. I sent a message off to Lyman to see which of their products might work. I'm still interested in the Williams sights, if anyone has any info on them.

Back