• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by 4bubbaswitz

1. 4

Howdy Ya'll from firearm friendly Florida

Sorry for the tardy update. Mag from Havlins, and another used from e-bay, neither are getting the round into the chamber far enough for the bolt to finish the trip. I'm thinking weak springs in both mags. Gun currently resides at the local gun smithy. My son was still able to fire his 1st gun...
  2. 4

.22 magazines

I agree Havlin's will have the answer. I purchased a 142A for my 10 year old w/o a mag and Cheryl @ Havlin's went beyond the call to get a mag sent by his birthday. Mossberg hasn't made a 142 in almost 40 years so parts are hard to come by. I'm sure they soon will be your "go to" for all things...
  3. 4

Water

I agree we need to know how much water are you looking to clean up? A lost in the woods technic uses passive solar that can be adapted to home use. Lost in the woods? Dig a hole in the ground till you hit wet dirt, put a clean container in the middle of the hole, cover said hole with plastic...
  4. 4

Well Havlins is out of stock as well but there is hope that situation will change before my little guy's 10th birthday. I've been e-mailing back and forth with Cheryl and she is a sweetheart and knows what she's doing which you all know is a rare combo. I'll post pix as time and situations...
  5. 4

Thank-you all for the help!! Minga The site you sent me (GUNPARTS.COM) is out of stock on the 142 mag but Havlins appears to have new ones in stock. I sent them an e-mail to confirm availability. I'm glad for Minga's site because now I have a picture of what I'm looking for! Havlins also has...
  6. 4

Hi; I'm a new Mossberg owner but I've been shooting for years. I purchased an old 142 to be my 9 year old's 1st gun. I only paid $60 because it's missing it's mag, and it's uglier than a toad turd. Making it pretty again will be a Father/Son project, but finding a .22lr mag for his thing has...
Back