• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by 8sm

1. 8

930 SPX outing, issues, scrapes

thanks for the write up. I purchased the Nordic Clamp with the pic. rail . I did tighten the clamp bolts pretty good, while paying attention not to distort the mag ext or barrel. I alternated back and forth with half a turn on each bolt until they were pretty snug. I chose not to put anything...
  2. 8

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

The 930 operated flawlessly with 400 rounds Federal 2 3/4, 1145fps, 8shot. With the exception of the first 2 shells of Remington Nitro Mag 2 3/4 1300fps which jammed then rounds 3 thur 25 continue flawlessly to impress all watching. So much so, a couple of guys mentioned they were buying one...
  3. 8

Can't wait to shoot it Sunday, I would have gladly paid more for it and not look back. I was OWL eyed when I found it and the price sealed the deal for sure. Thanks for the comments. BTW I just added the NC Mossberg barrel clamp and 1.5in rail from Cactus Tactical. The color/texture and fit is...
  4. 8

Answering roll call....new 930 SPX on it's way

I did notice that everyone was pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Being new to shotguns, it's nice to know if my searching skills don't pan out I won't be hammered for asking. But yeah, it was very obvious the members where different here.
  5. 8

Re: Found a great deal on 930SPX #85360 Thanks for the tips on the ammo, you saved me some searching. I'll gather up the camera's and get going on the photos and video asap. Thanks for the response.........regards 8sm
  6. 8

Re: Found a great deal on 930SPX #85360 well it's here, brand spank'in new 930 SPX including straight front sight and extension, larger charge handle and front sling ring. Looking forward to shooting it Sunday. With a few reads but no responses.....perhaps the buy was not so great a deal. I...
  7. 8

Found a great deal on 930SPX #85360 at WholesaleHunter.com. Used my credit card and paid $577.82 plus ship/ins. Should be delivered to my FFL Wednesday. Can't wait............delivered $598.82. I've read a couple threads mentioning they were hard to find, hope this helps someone looking...
  8. 8

thanks I appreciate it !
  9. 8

I've jumped around the forum for the last few weeks. It's been very helpful with my recent SPX purchase. I'll post pictures asap. Thanks again
  10. 8

Wanted to introduce myself, 8SM (sierra mike) here! My 930 SPX should be in my shotty hands Wed, can't wait. I'm new to the gun world after being introduced to firearms by my son. So far the gun safe contains a Beretta 92A1, TRL-2 strobe/laser and soon to be 930 SPX. Glad to have found such an...
Back