• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by ADL

1. A

Mossberg 930 Breacher Barrel - Barrel Bead Misaligned

Thanks for the replies. I could remove the bead and just put a set screw in there as I normally just look down the barrel like I do when trap shooting. I would do that if the barrel was $100 or so, but at its price point it would be best if it came without issues. I got the breacher barrel...
  2. A

Mossberg 930 Breacher Barrel - Barrel Bead Misaligned

I recently purchased a new breacher barrel for my 930. As soon as I installed it, the white dot bead was not centered to the barrel. Basically it was tapped off center to the right. What a bummer, placed the order Feb 2023, finally arrived today and the bead was off center to the barrel...
  3. A

Mossberg 500 Firing Pin Spring Check

I had this issue and ordered a replacement spring from a third party. It is not as stiff as the one that came with my Mossberg and it fixed the issue. I have fired 1000s of rounds with no misfires ever since. I think the new springs are way too stiff. Something like this. It's not an...
  4. A

bnib 590A1 class 3 canted front sight

No doubt. Another option is add a red dot. Are you doing competition with it?
  5. A

Totally noticable. They might send you a replacement barrel. Contact Wolverine.
  6. A

Sorry to hear that. :( I think you need to contact wolverine supplies. Do you have pictures?
  7. A

Firing Pin Spring - Remove?

Update: Well over 500 rounds with no cleaning. No misfires after I replaced the firing pin spring with a lighter spring. The gun shoots and cycles beautifully. I do not recommend anyone doing any changes to their shotgun. https://yycadl.blogspot.com/2021/04/mossberg-590-retrograde-185.html
  8. A

REMOVING a heatshield from a 590A1 with ghost rings

Oh, slide it up high as much as you can. If it is a 590, thin walled barrel, use plastic shims, or an inverted clamp. It should work! Something like this to spread the top portion of the heat shield.
  9. A

Are you having trouble getting target loads? Yep will update results. I speculate that stiff spring is in there to prevent slam fires in the event the firing pin gets dirty under "intense" conditions. Or even if it gets dropped from some distance. You could technically keep it free floating...
  10. A

IN NEED OF HELP!!

Curious on what happened. Did all parts break?
  11. A

Yep it gets added before the iron sights. I wouldn't take it off, keep it for what it is! :) Here is mine without the shield.
  12. A

Update: I replaced the spring. I purchased a replacement spring and it is much thinner and I can actually press the firing pin down. Tried a few shots and the primer dents are much deeper and not puny like before. Over the weekend I will put a couple hundred rounds on it and see how it...
  13. A

I removed mine but I have a bead, I unscrewed the bead and I was able to remove it with no issues. At first, I was going to use plastic shims, but I was unsure if the metal was going to bend and stay bent. In your case I would keep them, loosen them up for cleaning.
  14. A

Thanks for the feedback. I did re-install the firing pin spring after I changed it up a bit. It is no longer as stiff as it was before. It seems to have fixed the problem for me. I took a look at the fired shells before/after and the dents are much deeper now and no misfires after the mod. I...
  15. A

I had s few misfires today, took a look at the primers and it was a light strike. The firing pin spring is very stiff. I could not push it in at all with my finger. I cleaned it, nice and dry, tried again and it's just so stiff! I removed the spring, tested the shotgun again and no issues...
Back