• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Berg500

1. Berg500

New 500 owner from Philly

All good .Thank you John A
  2. Berg500

Most people have no clue where valley forge or king of prussia is. Its easier to just say Philly for the people who dont know the layout of PA.
  3. Berg500

Where abouts are you? Im specifically in Conshohocken
  4. Berg500

Anyone up for small game hunting in PA?

Ive never done groundhog hunting. Seen plenty of those little bastards in my area but never done it. Ill have to see how Im doing when the time comes because I just got surgery on my knee. I tore my patella tendon and am on recliner duty for the next couple weeks followed by intense rehab.
  5. Berg500

Void the mossberg warranty?

Yeah from the research that ive looked up, this design is a weaker design that mossberg put on it for some reason...prolly to make more money. My issue is that it feels flimsy and likes to shimmy a bit. Also, there isnt any real option out there except to go with the 7-3/4" action tube. I...
  6. Berg500

Idk who all is around here by me but I went with a buddy last weekend and while we didnt shoot anything, it was fun being with someone else in the woods. While I enjoy being by myself and all that for deer and what not it's be cool to do a small group hunt
  7. Berg500

Seeing if anyone wants to hit up a centralized SGL and maybe get a meet up hunt going? Do some squirrel, rabbit, whatever is in season. I'm located in SE PA near king of prussia/valley forge
  8. Berg500

GG&G mossy 500/590 sling mount

Hey guys I recently bought a GG&G forward sling mount and have decided to go with the magpul forward sling mount. These retail for $11 and change for $6 this little bad boy can be yours ...
  9. Berg500

@RichardL thanks for your response. I did go ahead and cut about 1" to 1.5" off the end of the forend. Now it only overlaps maybe a centimeter. But most importantly it works with the side saddle. Here is a pic of the slide/for end. Its a pretty weak design overall. Feels super flimsy...
  10. Berg500

Yeah my concern is I mod it and have to send the gun to them they wont work on it. Like a lot of shops wont do alignments on lifted trucks or stuff you add to cars can void the warranty. I'm most likely gonna get the bigger tube assembly anyway but for the time being shaving an inch off my be...
  11. Berg500

I'm looking to get a new action tube bc I really want to put on the magpul forend and it requires the longer tube. Plus the one it has on it feels flimsy
  12. Berg500

Why buy different chokes?

Yeah i just got my 500 and am learning all these things still. I know for a fact that it doesnt like the field and stream ammo. Ive seen some at cabelas yesterday where they are twice the length as the mossberg chokes. Do they typically shoot better?
  13. Berg500

Why buy different chokes?

If you guys have bought new chokes like a carlsons or the like when the guns come with a full, MC, and IC with the 500? Are there advantages to getting another brand than the mossberg ones?
  14. Berg500

Hey peeps!new to the community and my 500. So there are a few things that I want to change/put on and want to know if it'll void any warranties. I bought a AIM sports 6ct sidesaddle but I realized after installing that the slide action over laps the main part of the gun (where the internals...
  15. Berg500

Hello all! I recently purchased my Mossberg 500 and its my first shotgun. I previously owned a winchester XPR 30.06 that I sold to get this. I'm going to use it mostly for hunting (deer, bird, squirrel) and add here and there to it. This platform is like the jeep of the gun world. So many things...
Back