• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Blackknight

1. Blackknight

What's "wrong" with the 464

I"ll have to look into that Thanks!
  2. Blackknight

"New" 464, first range report

Huh, interesting. Someday I'll probably get a Henry, if only a 22. But its not in the cards real soon, unless I come up with a side hustle and can convince the wife to let me spend the money how I want. She always seems to think paying unimportant things like Water and Electricity and buying...
  3. Blackknight

"New" 464, first range report

Welp, been close to a year, thought I ought to update. This is how the rifle looks now. I got an XS scout mount for it, and it works great! The action has smoothed out a lot. It usually feeds without a fuss, but I still get occasional hangs trying to feed in the next round. I've never really...
  4. Blackknight

I'm still new to reloading, but from the get go, I found that my 464 liked to feed polymer-coated cast bullets better than commercial stuff. I'm still messing around with load development. My kids love my 'cat sneeze' loads though. :)
  5. Blackknight

I saved for a year and a half to buy a $350 Mossberg at a gun show. Henrys are lovely, but I don't know that I'd call them affordable. On the other hand, they work. Hard to put a price on that. Lousy triggers on the current crop of 336W's scared me away from buying a Marlin. After a lot of...
  6. Blackknight

Slugged your barrel?

I was wondering if anyone had slugged their barrel on a 464 and what they got?
  7. Blackknight

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

Definitely going to take a look at this! I also rounded the edge of the ejector hook, as that seemed to be a hangup place. WOndering if I combine the two if I might be able to get this thing close to 100%!
  8. Blackknight

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

Ancient history message, but someone else new here (like me) might be reading through them all. I was on a gunsmith's website. His specialty is slicking up lever actions for Cowboy Action Shooting. Unfortunately I didn't save a link. Anyways, something that leapt out at me after seeing his site...
  9. Blackknight

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

FWIW, my 464 is a straight-stock, Serial starts with LA009xxx. Mossberg customer service said it was made in 2009.
  10. Blackknight

Flares, Fireworks and Other Pyrotechnics

Heck, I was hoping for a discussion of making your own fireworks, lol.
  11. Blackknight

Water

I've got a couple of Sawyer water filters, the larger one rated to a million gallons and the small portable model. They will handle pretty much anything except viruses. Nasty little buggers. I have some strong powdered bleach with which I could make up normal-strength bleach to kill anything...
  12. Blackknight

Water

Hmm, gonna have to go look for a test kit now!
  13. Blackknight

How is this even physically possible?

I wonder if it kicks more than a 'normal' 00 buck shell?
  14. Blackknight

Found a old box of ammo I lost back in 2000

Hadn't even heard of it until this thread, lol.
  15. Blackknight

DIY peep sight 464 30-30

Okay, so I'm a broke guy whose pretty good with tools. I'd really like to try a peep sight, but cost is a definite factor. I'd bought a scope, but have figured out that for that scope on my 464, I really need a scout mount rail to move it forward (long story). Anyways, I got to looking at the...
Back