• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Blaster

1. B

Bolt slide Modification

I have an extra bolt slide on hand. Thought this would be a good experiment for the 930. I'll do more research on this , and update the thread when I get more info.
  2. B

Bolt slide Modification

Anyone ever try doing a nickel boron coating on a bolt slide? Fail zero offers a coating Service for shotgun parts.
  3. B

Had My First FTE With My New 930 SPX

I have a marine spacer tube and had one malfunction with the 1150 crap. Your spot on about staying away from low recoil stuff.
  4. B

To add to my last post.. I did a little expirament with Fiocci low recoil 00 buck ammo ( 1150fps.). Fired whole box (25 RDS) Then fired a whole box of Estate 00 (1325fps.) The low recoil stuff made the gun cycle in a lazy fashion. You can actually feel it. Then I tried the estate 00 (1325fpr.)...
  5. B

Snake eyes beak buster

Anyone use snake eyes beak buster on their JM pro? You would think this would be a good 3 gun sight. What are your opinions on the sight?
  6. B

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

tcecil88 would like to know how well it cycles ,with that Urbino stock. I may be looking for one soon. Just a little nervous about changing out my recoil spring because there's nothing wrong with the one that comes with my 930 JM pro. Right now I just have a mk5 Choate pistol grip stock and...
  7. B

Bought some of the same ammo. My JM pro has never had an issue until I fired that stuff. Anything 1200 and over It doesn't have any issues at all. I don't buy anything low recoil for a semiauto shotgun.
  8. B

What are the main problems with the 930?

When I was shooting my JM pro. I was trying to get it to fail on ammo. The other day I was shooting#8 shot and it ran fine.
  9. B

What are the main problems with the 930?

I've heard some of the problems that some JM pro owners have experienced. I've had my JM for about 2 months now ,and shot the hell out of it. While shooting it like crazy. I eventually started shooting low brass shells around 1200fps. Not one failure , after 400 rounds.Then I did the same thing...
  10. B

What's the record? Shell count.

How many rounds has anyone fired through a JM pro , with out cleaning ?Before it starts to malfunction? I clean my JM pro after each outting. Just curious to see if anyone has tried this.
  11. B

930 for home defense

I just bought a JM pro 22" last month. I love it. I use it for HD hunting,Clay's, and maybe someday use it for 3 gun. For the HD aspect of things I changed the stock to a Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock. A lot of people don't like em .It makes loading with one hand bit easier. And it doesn't...
  12. B

Gas piston cleaning

I just purchased a 930 JM pro tactical class. I've been informed that the gas piston in this particular model has a nickel boron coating. So my question is. Is it safe to soak the whole gas piston in hopes #9 over night? I don't wanna damage the coating..
Back