• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by BoBo522

1. BoBo522

Co witness sights for 500 with RDS

The only thing I've found that's close to what you're after is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TBESVCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have it on my Maverick 88. There's a red dot securely mounted on top, but I can still see the bead easily through the channel at...
  2. BoBo522

Mini Shotshell Review

I use them. Mostly sticking to Federal Shorty Shells, as I’ve gotten better results than with Aguila or Challenger. They are mostly for my Shockwave (4B and slugs) but I’ll occasionally take a box or two of the 8-shot to bust clays on the local trap range. Here’s a good video from Demonstrated...
  3. BoBo522

Shell holder for mini shot shells for 500

Really! I'll have to give the ESSTAC another look - I guess those elastic loops are better than I first thought. Thanks Ernst!
  4. BoBo522

New guy with a new Shockwave!

Welcome to the fold! Your Shockwave looks great. It's a fun little blaster, especially with the Shortys. Let us know how your first range visit goes!
  5. BoBo522

Using Shorty Shells w/Maverick 88

Midway has the Federal 4-buck shorty shells in stock, $8.99 for a box of 10.
  6. BoBo522

Recoil Pad

The 10809 is the correct pad. I have one on my Maverick 88. It is a bit gummy as John A. states above. To be honest it did not substantially improve felt recoil over the factory pad, but it is slightly better.
  7. BoBo522

New Shockwave Accessories on the Market!

I took one of those polymer heat shields meant for the Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 and did some dremel work. I had to cut off the outer loop fastener to make it short enough, cut a notch for the front sight, and hollow out the inner loop fastener to get it to close properly around the heavier...
  8. BoBo522

New Maverick 88 Owner

Welcome, congratulations on your Maverick. I love mine. I succumbed to accessory fever for mine and have spent more in upgrades than I did on the shotgun - but, so what? I liked the result. For an optic mount - of course, you can always drill and tap, but I settled for the TacStar rail mount...
  9. BoBo522

Mossberg Owners Forum Troubleshooting...

Recent change to the layout and color scheme of the site is atrocious - please undo. It's unusable for me now.
  10. BoBo522

The new United States Space Force official anthem::: is HORRIBLE

Yeah. This one is much better:
  11. BoBo522

Shell holder for mini shot shells for 500

The diameter is the same, so generally speaking you should be able to use any 12ga side saddle to hold any length shell from 3-1/2” down to 1-3/4”. I have a couple of Tacstar side saddles, for 4 shells and for 6 shells. You can double load them with minishells if the loops are tight enough, or...
  12. BoBo522

Magazine Tube Question

OP, how does it run with the stock follower? Considering replacing my OpSol with the Defender Tactical adapter but I don’t relish the chore of replacing the follower on my Maverick 88.
  13. BoBo522

Joined the Shockwave club today

A word of advice - shoot it a bit before you make any modifications. I made a bunch up front and ended up taking almost all of them back off. It's quite a nice little blaster straight out of the box!
  14. BoBo522

Mav 88 “torture test” video

Loved this video. It’s always a pleasure to see James reassess his opinion of a weapon.
  15. BoBo522

Is the Mag tube replaceable?

The 20” barrel/7 shot tube is found on the “tactical” model and is not threaded for chokes, if I remember correctly. I believe you have to use the 5 shot tube with a 24”/28” barrel if you want threading. You might check EBay or Gunbroker to see if someone is selling parted-out guns, otherwise...
Back